Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bomber's brother leaves UK before hearing

itsnotoutthere

The elder brother of the Manchester Arena suicide bomber has left the UK ahead of an appearance at a public inquiry he had been ordered to attend.

Ismail Abedi, 28, has always refused to answer questions from the inquiry in case he incriminates himself.

Its chairman, Sir John Saunders, had rejected Ismail Abedi's position and demanded he appear as a witness.

The BBC found him in Manchester, where he still lived, last year and asked him why he was refusing to participate.

Abedi left the UK some weeks ago on a flight to the Middle East, the BBC understands.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-58966113

So all you need is a British passport.....I wondered why there were so many Afgans in Afganistan with British passports trying to flee, presumably they weren't all attending a wedding.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

14 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

How was he allowed to leave the UK??

2093962096_R(7).jpg.ff66d6fd65f0c3093725ffca62488819.jpg

Edited by itsnotoutthere

7 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@ThereWeAreThen and @itsnotoutthere it relies on the evidence and the laws which apply to 

You can’t apprehend someone if you don’t have the authority to. 

He was ordered to attend it a hearing surely he wouldnt be allowed to travel?

"His name was used to buy car insurance for Salman and Hashem Abedi, neither of whom had a driving licence, for a car they bought to transport materials around Manchester during the preparations before the attack.

A bank card in the name of the brothers' mother Samia - which received more than £1,000 in benefits each month despite her being in Libya - was used by Salman and Hashem Abedi to buy relevant items during their attack preparations."

:huh:

Mr Greaney said: "This is without question one of the most difficult and troubling questions for the inquiry to grapple with.

"It is very difficult to comprehend why a person with any shred of decency could ever think of detonating a suicide bomb in the midst of a crowd, killing or maiming many innocent victims."

Er...the answer is in the question.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2021 at 11:45 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

The elder brother of the Manchester Arena suicide bomber has left the UK ahead of an appearance at a public inquiry he had been ordered to attend.

Ismail Abedi, 28, has always refused to answer questions from the inquiry in case he incriminates himself.

Its chairman, Sir John Saunders, had rejected Ismail Abedi's position and demanded he appear as a witness.

The BBC found him in Manchester, where he still lived, last year and asked him why he was refusing to participate.

Abedi left the UK some weeks ago on a flight to the Middle East, the BBC understands.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-58966113

So all you need is a British passport.....I wondered why there were so many Afgans in Afganistan with British passports trying to flee, presumably they weren't all attending a wedding.

How on earth does an Afghan in Afghanistan with a British passport wishing to flee death or torture, equate to a possible terrorist fleeing the UK?

You need to give your head a wobble and see if there is a brain inside. 

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 1

Just now, The Silver Shroud said:

Why have you put a laughing emoji @Desertrat56 ?

Because you made a good point and I meant to put a heart.   I have been having synapsis misfire's all day.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Because you made a good point and I meant to put a heart.   I have been having synapsis misfire's all day.  

Oh okay. I'm not clear what point itsnotoutther is trying to make, but I'm pretty sure trying to get out of Afghanistan if you are vulnerable to the Taliban (or even if you are not), bears no relation to fleeing the West because you are a terrorist. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

How on earth does an Afghan in Afghanistan with a British passport wishing to flee death or torture, equate to a possible terrorist fleeing the UK?

You need to give your head a wobble and see if there is a brain inside. 

I take it you have read the story of how the Manchester bomber arrived in this country. He was 'fleeing death and torture' from Lybia and saved by the Royal Navy, then went on to kill and maim hundreds of children....... that's how its relevant. Don't be so naive.

Edited by itsnotoutthere