Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Facebook is planning to change its name

jethrofloyd

The company plans to announce the new name next week, the Verge reported, citing a source with direct knowledge of the matter. Facebook wants to be known for more than social media, according to the tech publication.

Facebook (FB) does not comment on rumor or speculation, a company spokesperson said in response to a question about the potential name change.

In addition to its flagship social media network, Facebook also owns Instagram and WhatsApp. A name change could position the three mega platforms under an umbrella brand, similar to the structure used by Google, which sits under parent company Alphabet.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

I guess he thinks that polishing a turd will make it more desirable.  From what little I know of the idea of a "metaverse" it will only make humanity more prone to a creeping kind of mental illness brought on by lack of contact with reality.  Just looking at this punk makes my skin crawl...

I think Facebook is an attempt at enslaving the planet. Get all the gentiles under my administration for life. It gets so bad and crooked that the government has to step in to pry the evil hands off the people.

Imagine if YouTube, Twitter and Facebook got together.

They'd be called YouTwitFace.

• Haha 3

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

Meta: Facebook's new name ridiculed by Hebrew speakers

Facebook's announcement that it is changing its name to Meta has caused quite the stir in Israel where the word sounds like that for "dead".

To be precise, Meta is pronounced like the feminine form of the Hebrew word.

A number of people have taken to Twitter to share their take on the name under the hashtag #FacebookDead.

The emergency rescue volunteers Zaka even got involved, telling their followers on Twitter: "Don't worry, we're on it".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59090067

• Haha 2

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

Computer Company Called Meta Wants $20 Million From Facebook For Their Name

A computer company called Meta could be about to have a very big payday if their demands are met.

Meta PC sells computers, laptops, tablets, and software and they've been in the industry for more than a year, according to TMZ.

They've filed a trademark for the name, which hasn't been officially approved just yet, and now they've found themselves in a David vs Goliath fight.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg recently revealed his company will be rebranding to Meta to incorporate all the other things they've been doing aside from social media.

The big question will be on who gets the official trademark, despite Meta PC filing it ages ago.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/latest-computer-company-called-meta-wants-20-million-from-facebook-20211105

• Haha 2

On 11/5/2021 at 4:30 AM, Still Waters said:

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg recently revealed his company will be rebranding to Meta to incorporate all the other things they've been doing aside from social media.

Considering their dominant and often negative impact on social media, that is a little scary.