Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman believed to be 70 years old gives birth to her first child in India

Still Waters

A woman who is believed to be around 70 years old has successfully given birth to her first child through a “miracle” IVF procedure in western India.

Dr Naresh Bhanushali, a gynaecologist from the town of Bhuj in Gujarat state, told The Independent that he had successfully conducted the procedure on Jivuben Vallabhai Rabari and delivered her baby boy on 9 September.

Hospital admission records, seen by The Independent, did not list a date of birth for Ms Rabari as she does not possess any documents to prove her age such as a voter ID or birth certificate – a common issue in rural India. However, doctors said she stated her age as around 70.

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/call-miracle-woman-believed-70-081025213.html

https://www.india.com/viral/miracle-70-year-old-gujarat-woman-gives-birth-to-her-first-child-through-ivf-in-kutch-5063056/

• Like 3

It is with great trepidation that I have to ask, who is the daddy? 

~

• Haha 1

I bet this couple have wanted a child for a long time.  Good for them :clap:

• Sad 2

I think the doctor is being a little improper by doing this.   I could be wrong.   Would it be illegal in the US to artificially impregnate a 70 year old woman?

• Like 2

45 years shooting blanks 

Even Alec Baldwin shooted for real and by accident way sooner 

Best of luck for the family

• Haha 1

The parents look about 80. I'm 47 and even I don't want want to bring a child into the world with my 40 year old girlfriend. That's just totally unnatural. 88 when they're coming of age? Yuk!

Edited by Jaded1

• 3 weeks later...

What's the world record, for a man and a woman to be able to, naturally, produce a new life? 70 is not an age to laugh at.

God also said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai; her name will be Sarah. 16I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her.”

17Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, “Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?”