Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China Is a Paper Dragon


OverSword
 Share

Recommended Posts

Quote

 

China was mentioned only four times in Joe Biden’s first address to a joint session of Congress, but it shadowed almost every line of the speech. “We’re in a competition with China and other countries to win the 21st Century,” Biden said. His aides describe the president as preoccupied with the challenge from China. “It informs his approach to most major topics and the president regularly raises it in meetings, whether he is discussing foreign policy or electric bus batteries,” CNN’s Jeremy Diamond reported. “And aides say Biden believes it is a key test by which historians will judge his presidency.”

As Biden said to the nation from the well of the House of Representatives, the authoritarian President Xi Jinping is “deadly earnest” about China “becoming the most significant, consequential nation in the world. He and others—autocrats—think that democracy can’t compete in the 21st century with autocracies.”

 

Quote

 

Beckley is a voracious reader of specialist Chinese military journals and economic reports. And, he argues, many of the advances cited as Chinese strengths don’t hold up to close scrutiny. American analysts often publish worries about China’s growing navy, and especially its two aircraft carriers. But, Beckley writes, “Chinese pilots fly 100 to 150 fewer hours than U.S. pilots and only began training on aircraft carriers in 2012,” and he adds that “Chinese troops spend 20 to 30 percent of their time studying communist ideology.”

When Chinese forces do train, Beckley argues, the exercises bear little resemblance to the challenges the People’s Liberation Army would face in a great-power conflict:

PLA exercises remain heavily scripted (the red team almost always wins) … Most exercises involve a single service or branch, so troops lack the ability to conduct joint operations, and assessments are often nothing more than “subjective judgments based on visual observation rather than on detailed quantitative data” and are scored “based simply on whether a training program has been implemented rather than on whether the goals of the program have been achieved.”

 

Link

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea... let's underestimate China. 

Solid.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, quiXilver said:

Yea... let's underestimate China. 

Solid.

Yeah, let's be very, very afraid.  Like Russia all through the cold war, China is not nearly the threat we are being led to believe they are.  For some reason America always needs a boogey man.

Tell you what quiXilver, try reading the article.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

none of the quoted has much weight, one article is about what biden said, lol, that you can discard right away  next is also an opinion piece of someone who reads military journals and financial reports, meh, there are 1,5B Chinese, its army is willing to fight, ours punishes commanders who speak against stupidity, our pilots may have more training, but they do not give orders,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nuclear submarine sea men crew that go bump in the sea ...

~

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You go and believe China is a paper dragon, and when their industrial might and human resources come knocking on the door you can always use a scissor  to fight back.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, godnodog said:

You go and believe China is a paper dragon, and when their industrial might and human resources come knocking on the door you can always use a scissor  to fight back.

A Chinese made scissor !

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, OverSword said:

Yeah, let's be very, very afraid.  Like Russia all through the cold war, China is not nearly the threat we are being led to believe they are.  For some reason America always needs a boogey man.

Tell you what quiXilver, try reading the article.

No boogie man, mate.  Practicality.

I have family in China, have studied for over a decade with a school there and am far more familiar than you assume.

Enjoy your day.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, quiXilver said:

No boogie man, mate.  Practicality.

I have family in China, have studied for over a decade with a school there and am far more familiar than you assume.

Enjoy your day.

 

Boogey man.  China is not and will not be a serious military threat to the USA for sooo many reasons.  I hope you enjoy your day as well. :)

Edited by OverSword
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, aztek said:

none of the quoted has much weight, one article is about what biden said, lol, that you can discard right away  next is also an opinion piece of someone who reads military journals and financial reports, meh, there are 1,5B Chinese, its army is willing to fight, ours punishes commanders who speak against stupidity, our pilots may have more training, but they do not give orders,

And what makes you think we're going to go to war with China?  If we did do you seriously think they and their two soviet era aircraft carriers that they have about a decade of experience operating as compared with our modern naval history of over a century could do it?  Let's say Mexico or Canada agreed to allow them to land there and start an attack overland for a second.  Would we not see that coming and destroy those ports, possibly with one nuke each?  Believe me China is not a threat to the USA.  Long after their own **** system has brought them down we will still be the sole super power on the earth, the sea, and in orbit.

 

Edited by OverSword
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2021 at 12:31 PM, third_eye said:

Nuclear submarine sea men crew that go bump in the sea ...

~

If you go bump in the night with nuclear sea men, you tend not to have to worry about the bump in the morning.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

If you go bump in the night with nuclear sea men, you tend not to have to worry about the bump in the morning.

What the hell kind of babies will that produce!!!:w00t::wacko::D

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

What the hell kind of babies will that produce!!!:w00t::wacko::D

11E94F89-065E-473B-8483-A06C567AB937.jpeg.e7963bd54c476ec1ae97e6e7125807db.jpeg

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, OverSword said:

And what makes you think we're going to go to war with China?  If we did do you seriously think they and their two soviet era aircraft carriers that they have about a decade of experience operating as compared with our modern naval history of over a century could do it?  Let's say Mexico or Canada agreed to allow them to land there and start an attack overland for a second.  Would we not see that coming and destroy those ports, possibly with one nuke each?  Believe me China is not a threat to the USA.  Long after their own **** system has brought them down we will still be the sole super power on the earth, the sea, and in orbit.

 

If we go to war with China it won't be conventional it will be Nuclear.:yes: The rest of what you are saying above about ground and Naval attacks is very entertaining, thanks for the laugh!:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

11E94F89-065E-473B-8483-A06C567AB937.jpeg.e7963bd54c476ec1ae97e6e7125807db.jpeg

 

 

1E42389F-9AF7-4F35-A46A-FCE8290C3D85-17329-00000E6B24E2DC10.jpg

AFD400E8-F53C-43F3-AEBA-87107AD449BA-17329-00000E6B7DBE4832.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2021 at 7:04 AM, OverSword said:

And what makes you think we're going to go to war with China?  If we did do you seriously think they and their two soviet era aircraft carriers that they have about a decade of experience operating as compared with our modern naval history of over a century could do it?  Let's say Mexico or Canada agreed to allow them to land there and start an attack overland for a second.  Would we not see that coming and destroy those ports, possibly with one nuke each?  Believe me China is not a threat to the USA.  Long after their own **** system has brought them down we will still be the sole super power on the earth, the sea, and in orbit.

 

I think WW3 will be a digital war, imagine multi-week long blackouts because power grids are hacked, food being redistributed waste-fully, planes getting incorrect telemetry etc.

No shots fired, but lots of death and chaos.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I think WW3 will be a digital war, imagine multi-week long blackouts because power grids are hacked, food being redistributed waste-fully, planes getting incorrect telemetry etc.

No shots fired, but lots of death and chaos.

That's very possible but I see things just a little different. I can see the use Large Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) weapons that can  destroy the power grid of an entire country, weapons like this have been tested and have been being developed since the 1990s.. 

This would also basically be no shoots fired and also lots of chaos, death and destruction. Not to mention that it could take years to get a Nations Power Grid operational again. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The next war will not be nuclear. 

It will be socio-economic. 

As petro-dollar weakens month by month, as quantative easing reduces the effect of a dollar by 15% in a year.

When the dollar becomes a second rate currency and China launches with its gold backed currency then power will shift.

China already rules in telecoms and political influence across the world.

Once they rule energy, it will be game set and match.

Roosevelt screwed up in 33, 5th June tobe precise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2021 at 3:24 AM, Manwon Lender said:

If we go to war with China it won't be conventional it will be Nuclear.:yes: The rest of what you are saying above about ground and Naval attacks is very entertaining, thanks for the laugh!:D

And I notice you cut out the part of my post that  I say, in different words, we’re not going to war with China. 
To be clear, we won’t have to as their own system eventually relegated them to a second rate power.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Military power and nationalism are all the rage, but it is money driving this train now. It is not going to stop and getting off will be painful. 

If China does implode in upon itself and disappear, what happens to the rest of the world?   Do we start making our own stuff again?  Do we find another impoverished country, give them our technology and depend on their near slave labor for our cheap goods and services?  Or do we persevere through  inflation and scarcity. 

How long does it take to tool up a modern factory, two years, five? Somebody has to make the machinery to go into the factory first. It takes time.  Italy makes some of the textile machinery used in Chinese factories. Do we buy from them? We truly live in world markets.  The collapse of any large trading partner will be felt by all.  

It is better than a nuclear war, but it will not be an easy few decades and small reason for a victory chant.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

And I notice you cut out the part of my post that  I say, in different words, we’re not going to war with China. 
To be clear, we won’t have to as their own system eventually relegated them to a second rate power.

I think you made a mistake, I did not cut out anything. Maybe you should read what .I quoted in my original comments again. I am not like many here who do for their own purposes. 

Edited by Manwon Lender
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

The next war will not be nuclear. 

It will be socio-economic. 

As petro-dollar weakens month by month, as quantative easing reduces the effect of a dollar by 15% in a year.

When the dollar becomes a second rate currency and China launches with its gold backed currency then power will shift.

China already rules in telecoms and political influence across the world.

Once they rule energy, it will be game set and match.

Roosevelt screwed up in 33, 5th June tobe precise.

This is exactly what will create the perfect storm of events where Nuclear Wars start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I think you made a mistake, I did not cut out anything. Maybe you should read what .I quoted in my original comments again. I am not like many here who do for their own purposes. 

You’re right, I apologize, you simply ignored it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO, the single greatest danger we face with China is their perception of our willingness to fight should they strike at Taiwan.  Politics mostly aside, the whole damned WORLD has been watching Biden's deterioration and a miscalculation is almost inevitable.  My tag line is deadly serious... WHO'S IN CONTROL OF AMERICA'S NUKES?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.