Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

COVID Delta and Delta Plus Variants Evade the Antibody Response

Grim Reaper 6

The emergence of new SARS-CoV-2 variants that can spread rapidly and undermine vaccine-induced immunity threatens the end of the COVID-19 pandemic.  The delta variant (B.1.617.2) emerged in India and subsequently spread globally within a short time period. Also in Germany, almost all recent infections are due to this variant. In addition to Delta, so-called Delta Plus sub-variants have been observed, which carry additional mutations that may make them more dangerous.

They were able to show that Delta and Delta Plus infect lung cells with higher efficiency than the original virus. In addition, one of four antibodies used to treat COVID-19 was not effective against Delta, and Delta Plus was even resistant against two therapeutic antibodies. Similarly, antibodies generated upon vaccination with the BioNTech-Pfizer and Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines were also less effective against Delta and Delta Plus compared to the original virus. Delta and Delta Plus, on the other hand, were comparably inhibited, suggesting that Delta Plus may not pose a greater risk to vaccinated persons than Delta.

https://scitechdaily.com/covid-delta-and-delta-plus-variants-evade-the-antibody-response/

https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/931718

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Delta Plus? They're branding variants like smartphones now. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58965650

They are usually quick to end these kinds of doom portents with the saving grace that the vaccinated aren't dying of it.  I still don't understand how they quantify those stances, though.  I mean, 98 percent of those who contract Covid or any of its downstream iterations survive it anyway.    This virus is doing what viruses have done, historically.  They mutate to become more survivable by infecting hosts more easily and only rarely do they become more likely to kill the host.  I fully expect to have a major new scare, with lockdowns, next spring or early summer.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

They are usually quick to end these kinds of doom portents with the saving grace that the vaccinated aren't dying of it.  I still don't understand how they quantify those stances, though.  I mean, 98 percent of those who contract Covid or any of its downstream iterations survive it anyway.    This virus is doing what viruses have done, historically.  They mutate to become more survivable by infecting hosts more easily and only rarely do they become more likely to kill the host.  I fully expect to have a major new scare, with lockdowns, next spring or early summer.  

I don't know about lock downs. They know we aren't going to obide anymore. I won't participate in a lock down again. I don't think you will. I think many less businesses will. I think the new tactic is just going to be division using/urging employers to do their dirty work by threatening livelihoods and sanctioning discrimination policies. 

• Like 3

On 10/22/2021 at 11:07 AM, and then said:

Dude you are very very sad I use to think your problem was nothing but a lack of ACTUAL INFORMATION. But it's obvious your problem is much worst then that, you intentionally contaminate threads with your unscientific and purely speculative nonsense. You don't even consider that you may harm others with the disinformation you present, and worst of all you do so as part of your political agenda. 

And Then I don't hate, or even dislike you personally but I am tired of your unfounded, unscientifically proven and intentionally misinformation but most of all I pity you because one of these days you will realize your mistake and you will have to live with those consequences. 

From June until September of 2021 we lost 90,000 fellow Americans to this Virus that you claim is insignificant. Now those 90,000 Americans were not the total deaths during those 3 months, those 90,000 were unvaccinated Americans alone. Below are the break down of those statistics and the information included here is reputatable and valid the date of this information is 13 October 2021.

""COVID-19 was the third leading cause of death across most of 2020, but in December 2020 and early 2021, the illness surged and briefly became the number one leading cause of death in the U.S., far surpassing even cancer and heart disease deaths in those months.

With the rapid uptake in vaccinations in the months when vaccines first became widely available, COVID-19 deaths fell sharply. COVID-19 dropped to the number 7 leading cause of death in the U.S. in July 2021.

However, with the more infectious COVID-19 Delta variant, insufficient vaccination rates, and local and state governments easing up social distancing restrictions, COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths increased again. Vaccination rates are particularly lagging for younger adults and people living in certain states. As of October 7, 2021, about 78% of adults (ages 18+) in the U.S. have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and over 50 million adults remain unvaccinated.

This brief revisits where deaths from COVID-19 rank among leading causes of death in the U.S. We find that COVID-19 was the second leading cause of death in September 2021. We also find in September COVID-19 was the number 1 cause of death for people age 35-54 and among the top 7 leading causes of death for people in other age groups.

We also estimate how many COVID-19 deaths were among unvaccinated adults and could have been prevented since June 2021 when safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines became widely available to all adults in the U.S. From June through September 2021, approximately 90,000 COVID-19 deaths among adults likely would have been prevented with vaccination

COVID-19 continues to be a leading cause of death in the U.S. in September 2021

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/brief/covid19-and-other-leading-causes-of-death-in-the-us/

CC71876F-48D6-40B0-85CF-2E912426C3D7-17329-00000E41B4389DD4.png

On 10/22/2021 at 12:26 PM, F3SS said:

I don't know about lock downs. They know we aren't going to obide anymore. I won't participate in a lock down again. I don't think you will. I think many less businesses will. I think the new tactic is just going to be division using/urging employers to do their dirty work by threatening livelihoods and sanctioning discrimination policies. 

I hope there are no more lock downs, and I sincerely hope they don't go after anyone's livelihoods because of a lack vaccination. But who knows what they are going to do and even if they don't with 90,000 deaths of unvaccinated Americans from June to September 2021anything can happen. Also you must consider that vaccinated Americans may not want to work side by side with the Unvaccinated. This is also becoming a major problem that is causing a Division among Americans. With the Delta and Delta Plus varients causing breakthrough infections,, I am personally afraid even if the Government doesn't force the issue employees of companies may force those companies to implement policies. 

I honestly hope these issues can be resolved so how. 

• Like 1