Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deadly bacteria found in aromatherapy spray sold at Walmart

Grim Reaper 6

A rare and sometimes deadly bacteria has been found in an aromatherapy spray product sold at Walmart, according to U.S. health officials. The product is linked with a mysterious outbreak of the bacterial disease melioidosis, which sickened four people and two of the four died in the U.S. this year. 

Officials searched the homes of the four patients, looking for imported products that may have been the source of the infection. And they've found a likely suspect: The aromatherapy spray product, called "Better Homes & Gardens Lavender & Chamomile Essential Oil Infused Aromatherapy Room Spray with Gemstones," was found in the home of one of the ill melioidosis patients, and the product tested positive for B. pseudomallei, according to a statement from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

https://www.livescience.com/aromatherapy-spray-melioidosis-deadly-bacteria

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

A rare and sometimes deadly bacteria has been found in an aromatherapy spray product sold at Walmart, according to U.S. health officials. The product is linked with a mysterious outbreak of the bacterial disease melioidosis, which sickened four people and two of the four died in the U.S. this year. 

Officials searched the homes of the four patients, looking for imported products that may have been the source of the infection. And they've found a likely suspect: The aromatherapy spray product, called "Better Homes & Gardens Lavender & Chamomile Essential Oil Infused Aromatherapy Room Spray with Gemstones," was found in the home of one of the ill melioidosis patients, and the product tested positive for B. pseudomallei, according to a statement from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

https://www.livescience.com/aromatherapy-spray-melioidosis-deadly-bacteria

Can anyone say  Class Action Law Suit?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, joc said:

Can anyone say  Class Action Law Suit?

I would think they certainly could, especially the families of those that died or became ill. This is some real crazy stuff man, it almost makes me feel like there may have been some form of tampering. 

The reason I post this was because it possible some of our members could have this crap in a closet, hopefully not!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I would think they certainly could, especially the families of those that died or became ill. This is some real crazy stuff man, it almost makes me feel like there may have been some form of tampering. 

The reason I post this was because it possible some of our members could have this crap in a closet, hopefully not!

The odds are...millions of people have this product in their homes.

We know this because of Walmart's purchasing/selling policies.  In order for you to get your product in Walmart, at least 70% of your business must be derived from other places.  They do this because they don't want to put you out of business if they decide to suddenly drop your  product, which, they do frequently because, if it doesn't meet whatever their minimum sales requirements are...they will not reorder.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, joc said:

The odds are...millions of people have this product in their homes.

We know this because of Walmart's purchasing/selling policies.  In order for you to get your product in Walmart, at least 70% of your business must be derived from other places.  They do this because they don't want to put you out of business if they decide to suddenly drop your  product, which, they do frequently because, if it doesn't meet whatever their minimum sales requirements are...they will not reorder.  

I have not lived in the US except for approximately 6 months since 2014, have they done a Nationwide recall on the product? If not they certainly need to do so!

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I have not lived in the US except for approximately 6 months since 2014, have they done a Nationwide recall on the product? If not they certainly need to do so!

Oh, I wouldn't know.  The only reason I know it happened is because of a thread here.  The only reason I know Alec Baldwin shot some one with a prop pistol was from here as well.  Oh wait...someone told me that first...but yeah.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, joc said:

Oh, I wouldn't know.  The only reason I know it happened is because of a thread here.  The only reason I know Alec Baldwin shot some one with a prop pistol was from here as well.  Oh wait...someone told me that first...but yeah.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I know you dont stay plugged in to the electronic world back there. I just hope they get this problem corrected, it really a travesty.

Sorry, my friend if my comments sounded wrong, that was not my intention.