Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Activist Behind Netflix’s Dave Chappelle Protest Has Racist, Homophobic, Anti-Asian Tweets Exposed

el midgetron

Ashlee Marie Preston, the activist behind the Netflix protest over veteran comedian Dave Chappelle and his comedy special, The Closer, has had a series of bigoted tweets exposed.

Social media users shared screenshots displaying several of the activist’s alleged tweets, which went viral on Twitter….…..

…….Preston responded to the controversy by taking to Twitter to issue a lengthy statement, in which she apologized and blamed her substance abuse for the tweets, stating that she had been “strung out on drugs” and “tweeting from an impaired conscious.”

“At the height of my meth addiction (8/9 years ago) I made a series of racially insensitive and homophobic tweets,” Preston said at the time. “I wasn’t out yet, and was dealing with internalized transphobia while homeless in a neighborhood where I felt culturally inferior.”

There’s a video in the second Tweet down at the link. Can’t post it here due to the excessive language but it’s Worth the LOLs.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/10/23/activist-behind-netflixs-dave-chappelle-protest-has-racist-homophobic-anti-asian-tweets-exposed/

This person won’t have repercussions from the things they said. That’s ok because I still think digging up things people said 10 years ago to cancel them is an ignorant tactic of the left. However, it does demonstrate the selective and hypocritical outrage these activists have when it comes to words. The numerous things this person tweeted are clearly some of the more malicious and offensive things I’ve seen to be dug up like this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

While folks are capable of change... they often don't.

Something something... glass houses.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

What does this have to do with “white people”? What do the actions of the people involved in this even have to do with the color of their skin?  Nothing. 

Go ahead, let’s hear it,

• Like 1

he said WHILE... not white 

also, Dave Chappelle is the best comedian of all time and The Closer is one of his best 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

also, Dave Chappelle is the best comedian of all time and The Closer is one of his best 

LOL ok that makes more sense. My bad! Gladly take responsibility for the false alarm. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, el midgetron said:

digging up things people said 10 years ago to cancel them is an ignorant tactic of the left

Yet here we are.

What makes this thread better? (Just curious to hear your defence.)

2 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

He's a pale version of George Carlin.  But he's good at it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zep73 said:

Yet here we are.

What makes this thread better? (Just curious to hear your defence.)

Did you quit reading at the end part you quoted? I continued - “However, it does demonstrate the selective and hypocritical outrage these activists have when it comes to words” 

42 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I've heard of Dave Chappelle

Is he the guy memed as “do you have any more of that….” with white powder on his nose or the “LET ME IN!” gate shaking meme guy?

45 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

He's a pale version of George Carlin.  But he's good at it.

yikes...I'm gonna get some flack for this, but I think Chappelle is better :P Although Richard Pryor and George Carlin certainly set the stage for comedians like Chappelle 

this comes at a convenient time because I've actually been watching The Closer, Sticks and Stones and Deep in the Heart of Texas and haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time

the dude is a comedian, he makes people laugh for a living. he jokes about societal issues that people don't like talking about. yes, he makes fun of transgenders and EVERYONE else. he has an awesome story about a transgender woman he befriended who ended up killing herself, The Closer is worth watching for that alone. search for The Closer 'Daphne', if curious. for anyone throwing stones, actually listen to it before drawing conclusions 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Is he the guy memed as “do you have any more of that….” with white powder on his nose or the “LET ME IN!” gate shaking meme guy?

Tyrone Biggums? those are epic skits, too

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Did you quit reading at the end part you quoted? I continued - “However, it does demonstrate the selective and hypocritical outrage these activists have when it comes to words” 

I read that. But by pointing it out in details, you are doing the exact same thing. Public shaming for some very old sins.

The problem here is similar to the measurement problem in science. You can't measure anything, without affecting the result. I your case, you can't deliver the news, without becoming a hypocrite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Carlin was less comedian and more social observer/commentarian on a level only perhaps approached by Lenny Bruce.

DC grazes the surface, but lacks depth and breadth of subject matter compared to Carlin. 

It becomes apparent who read widely in philosophy and literature when considering the body of work overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Carlin was less comedian and more social observer/commentarian on a level only perhaps approached by Lenny Bruce.

DC grazes the surface, but lacks depth and breadth of subject matter compared to Carlin. 

It becomes apparent who read widely in philosophy and literature when considering the body of work overall.

yes, he certainly speaks from a different pulpit, one of a middle aged black man who has seen the ins and outs of all types of environments and social situations. he even makes ME feel uneasy when he tells jokes about whites, at times, even though I know there's atleast a few grains of truth to his observations. I feel he's a bit deeper than he appears 

I was born and raised in a mostly black environment from the neighborhood to the police to the city council to the school system. maybe I have a slightly different experience and see him in a different way 

• Like 2

When you publicly walk away from money that big of a pile, very little if much stink will stick on him... 

~

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

When you publicly walk away from money that big of a pile, very little if much stink will stick on him... 

~

yea, walked away from, what I've heard, 50-100 million. 

that, my folks, is what we call a real mother****er 

• Like 1

I watched his show because of the hoopla in the news.  I cried.   He was hurt, sad and mad at what his friend went through.  He pointed out the hypocrisy of the 'woke' crowd.  It angers me how many people are out for his blood and haven't even watched it.  And no one is forcing anyone to watch it.  To try and cancel it and not let us CHOOSE for ourselves is getting pretty scary IMO.  

Edited by glorybebe
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, zep73 said:

I read that. But by pointing it out in details, you are doing the exact same thing. Public shaming for some very old sins.

The problem here is similar to the measurement problem in science. You can't measure anything, without affecting the result. I your case, you can't deliver the news, without becoming a hypocrite.

Not sure I really follow your point, at least the articulation of it, 

I am aware of this conflict which is why I offered a rationalization. If you choose not to accept it, I don’t really care. 

For me the difference is most of these cases deal with a public figure whom the left goes after because of what they said something X-number of years ago, Kevin Hart for example. He was going to host the Oscars but out there was some loser still fuming about a gay joke Hart made a decade earlier. In comparison, the Chappelle activist is making a issue about something they themselves have a history of. Considering this juxtaposition we can conclude that these thing either can be forgiven and have an expiration date, or it’s a standard that’s unfairly applied based on social-political leanings. 

The Chappelle activist has willingly positioned themselves as a figure involved in the public discussion of offensive language. I recognize people grow and change and as I’ve said I disagree with holding people to things they said years ago. However, I also think that if someone has made numerous comments of a malicious nature (and the Tweets this person made are far more egregious than any dredged up tweets I’ve seen before)  then they might want to reconsider positioning themselves as an offensive-language activist. Otherwise I think they have opened themselves up to being judged in the same way they are passing judgement.

Defund the word police. 

@el midgetron

You don't have to explain your reasoning. I understand it perfectly well, and I did from the start.

What you don't seem to understand is the delicate nature of your post, in connection with your opinion on the matter.

You can't make this thread without doing a moral paradox. But you did the paradox, and now you're renouncing it.

My sole purpose with my replies, is to make you recognize your moral paradox, and the fact that you're not suited to make this thread.
The moment you made this thread, you abandoned your moral high ground.

PS. I totally agree with you about word policing and letting the past be the past. I might be a leftist, but I am not a radical, and I am not your enemy.

Edited by zep73
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, el midgetron said:

That’s ok because I still think digging up things people said 10 years ago to cancel them is an ignorant tactic of the left. However, it does demonstrate the selective and hypocritical outrage these activists have when it comes to words. The numerous things this person tweeted are clearly some of the more malicious and offensive things I’ve seen to be dug up like this.

I almost totally agree. It is a tactic that both the left and right use.   We are living in an age of sparring for power, not virtue or honesty on either side.  That is why I think we need to examine statements and motives of both sides very carefully before we get carried away.That is also why I think it would be better for the US to get rid of all incumbents through term limits and  elect talented people that would serve for a few years and then go back to their private life.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zep73 said:

@el midgetron

You don't have to explain your reasoning. I understand it perfectly well, and I did from the start.

What you don't seem to understand is the delicate nature of your post, in connection with your opinion on the matter.

You can't make this thread without doing a moral paradox. But you did the paradox, and now you're renouncing it.

My sole purpose with my replies, is to make you recognize your moral paradox, and the fact that you're not suited to make this thread.
The moment you made this thread, you abandoned your moral high ground.

PS. I totally agree with you about word policing and letting the past be the past. I might be a leftist, but I am not a radical, and I am not your enemy.

Yeah, I don’t really care, 

I think as soon as you made it about the poster rather than the topic you lost your moral high ground. 

1929CD89-2A8F-4A54-92D4-1CBE54426821.jpeg.f86b3721d56ca41970cc547a17acbd29.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Yeah, I don’t really care, 

I think as soon as you made it about the poster rather than the topic you lost your moral high ground. 

But I didn't claim one.

Your topic became you when you made it.

And your 'I don't really care', explains everything about you. And a lack of deeper thought. (Hope I'm wrong!)

Edited by zep73
  • Like 1

When did I claim a moral high ground? I said I disagrreed with it and explained why I posted it?