Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Activist Behind Netflix’s Dave Chappelle Protest Has Racist, Homophobic, Anti-Asian Tweets Exposed

el midgetron

This is great. From the Variety article.

Screenshot_20211025-223506_28.png

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Like 3

Edited*

Edited by Skulduggery

29 minutes ago, Skulduggery said:

This is great. From the Variety article.

Screenshot_20211025-223506_28.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F3SS said:

Well, he's grown. His newer stand-ups might not have me in stitches like he used to but that's alright. He's still pretty damn funny imo. I know you're the proper demographic to ask this... How do you think Sam Kinison would've evolved as a comedian in this world? I've always wondered about that myself. He was pretty legendary in my book. 

I loved Sam. Saw him live. I couldn’t begin to predict. Sam was a drug powered maniac, probably how it ended for him was fate.

• Like 3

On 10/25/2021 at 7:15 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

Hope you enjoyed it, I caught up on Squid Games:tu:

The Most Dangerous Game is only a short story, but it and Ian Fleming's Moonraker are all the misanthropy I need.  Stories about the idea of a purge or society devolving kind of bore me.

I'll admit it.  I enjoy Ian Fleming's complete disregard, possibly even ignorance, for political correctness.  If you haven't done so, get yourself copies before they are cancelled.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

I loved Sam. Saw him live. I couldn’t begin to predict. Sam was a drug powered maniac, probably how it ended for him was fate.

Usually but he was publicly sober at the time and killed by a drunk driver iirc. That's twisted fate

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F3SS said:

Usually but he was publicly sober at the time and killed by a drunk driver iirc. That's twisted fate

Yeah I just meant not long for this world

• Like 1

Isn’t anti-Asian already automatically racist? Why does he have anti-Asian and racist tweets? I would just say he has racist tweets saves words.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZOXS said:

Isn’t anti-Asian already automatically racist? Why does he have anti-Asian and racist tweets? I would just say he has racist tweets saves words.

It was also ten years ago during a very bad phase of life, and he apologized for them. Seems like a bit of a witch hunt. I suppose people are always remembered for the last mistake they made or last bad thing they did. Everything good or even just neutral often becomes irrelevant. 

Just now, psyche101 said:

It was also ten years ago during a very bad phase of life, and he apologized for them. Seems like a bit of a witch hunt. I suppose people are always remembered for the last mistake they made or last bad thing they did. Everything good or even just neutral often becomes irrelevant. 

You never know what is going to become a hot sensitive topic that becomes forbidden to criticize. So the longer you are on social media, the more likely you are to get in trouble even if you aren’t particularly vocal about controversial issues. It’s just how famous you are and how much someone wants to “cancel” you.

Even MrBeast almost got cancelled for an apparently transphobic comment (which I didn’t find that distasteful tbh) but he was able to overcome it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZOXS said:

You never know what is going to become a hot sensitive topic that becomes forbidden to criticize. So the longer you are on social media, the more likely you are to get in trouble even if you aren’t particularly vocal about controversial issues. It’s just how famous you are and how much someone wants to “cancel” you.

Even MrBeast almost got cancelled for an apparently transphobic comment (which I didn’t find that distasteful tbh) but he was able to overcome it.

Dave Chappelle being in the spotlight at the moment pretty much shows some are even pre-empting.

Edited by psyche101