Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White House delays release of JFK assassination records

Eldorado

The White House said it would again delay the release of long-classified documents relating to President John F. Kennedy, citing the "significant impact" of the COVID-19 pandemic.

President Joe Biden issued a memo on Friday that said that most of the files will now be withheld until December 15 of next year, with some due to be released later this year.

The memo said that the pandemic has had a "significant impact" on the National Archives and Records Administration's ability to review whether redactions continue to meet the "statutory standard."

The agency said it needed additional time to research the material and "maximize the amount of information released."

Report at Yahoo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

I'd say they've had enough time. 

• Like 5

There is always a reason for a delay, I'm starting to think all we need to find out who's still alive from back then and we have our killer.

• Like 4

one conspiracy theory I don't really subscribe to but can see that **** happening... 

his death would make policy reversal much easier for those who stood to gain from the Vietnam War. don't forget his involvement with the Civil Rights Movement, either, he ruffled a lot of feathers with his 'threat' of equalizing rights 

apparently, J Edgar Hoover released a memo that the public must be led to believe that Oswald acted alone 

addendum: I have NOTHING to back this up lol 

• Like 2

I saw a documentary several years ago that detailed a lot of the funny stuff going on then. Like how things were handled in Parkland, and the way the FBI and Secret Service bullied the drs and a lot of stuff that was covered up. I think it was also in the same documentary that they concluded that the fatal shot came from the gun of a SS agent who was standing on the rear bumper of the car in front of JFK's. He had accidentally discharged his weapon, I've always wondered why so hush-hush about the grassy knoll. I tried for a long time to follow the conspiracy theories but it all got so convoluted and I just gave up. 

On 10/25/2021 at 6:57 AM, godnodog said:

There is always a reason for a delay, I'm starting to think all we need to find out who's still alive from back then and we have our killer.

Agreed.  The reason they haven't released yet is because some people are still alive and might be called to testify and some ops and departments involved are still active.  They think we wouldn't react well to people in power advancing agendas through murder.  I wonder why?

• Like 4

It's not as if the entire intelligence community could be against a sitting President or anything........never would happen today.....

• Like 3

Lets. follow the trails.
-What incentive did a Mob associate have for shooting Oswald?
-Did Oswald act alone? It's possible. And very likely. Or some one shooter could have.
-Was Oswald affiliated with the CIA? Definitely there's a known trail. Pay checks as well as the number he tried calling in custody was for a CIA handler and intelligence operative.

Could the CIA knowing his CIA affiliation have wanted to silence him? They knew he was crazy and working for them. Perhaps they used mob contacts to stop him. Perhaps an early MK Ultra? Ruby had deadly cancer too how odd of a situation.

• 1 month later...

US releases 1,500 documents about JFK assassination inquiry

The National Archives on Wednesday made public nearly 1,500 documents related to the US government’s investigation into the 1963 assassination of John F Kennedy.

The disclosure of secret cables, internal memos and other documents satisfies a deadline set in October by Joe Biden and is in keeping with a federal statute that calls for the release of records in the government’s possession. Additional documents are expected to be made public next year.

There was no immediate indication that the records contained revelations that could radically reshape the public’s understanding of the events surrounding the 22 November 1963 assassination of Kennedy in Dallas at the hands of Lee Harvey Oswald.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/15/john-f-kennedy-assassination-documents-released

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Nothing changes does it?  If you think you already know what happened then you can fit this in to your theory anyway.  You can assume they didn't release the "important" documents. 

Delaying the full unredacted report just continues to fuel the CTs. I do wonder what is in those documents that still is so important that causes the delay.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2021 at 8:59 PM, Trelane said:

Delaying the full unredacted report just continues to fuel the CTs. I do wonder what is in those documents that still is so important that causes the delay.

Links to secret organizations 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

The White House has ordered the release of thousands of documents on the murder of US President John F Kennedy in full for the first time.

With the publication of some 13,173 files online, the White House said more than 97% of records in the collection were now publicly available.

No huge revelations are expected from the papers, but historians hope to learn more about the alleged assassin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63994729

• Like 2