Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uri Geller 'cured' her blind boy’s sight, believes celeb mother

Eldorado

Katie Price has revealed for the first time the moment famed psychic and illusionist Uri Geller 'cured' her blind son Harvey – by doing his famous spoon bending trick.

In an exclusive extract from her revealing new book, Katie Price: Harvey and Me, Katie describes how Harvey was born without an optic nerve - leading doctors to warn her he'd be blind for life.

After running into Uri backstage at the ITV morning show Richard & Judy when Harvey, now 19, was a baby, Katie claims Uri performed his signature stunt, making the unlikely promise that the young boy would one day see.

https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/katie-price-harvey-uri-geller-25275748

• Haha 4

• The title was changed to Uri Geller 'cured' her blind boy’s sight, believes celeb mother

can't serve this site in the country you're living in...

:lol::ph34r::sk

Dark Side of the spoon :-P

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

The article doesn't work for me either: Sorry, we can't serve this content to the country you're visiting from

But anyway, as I believe Uri has abilities  to do such things as bend metal in ways not understood by science, it sounds reasonable to me that he can have other effects not understood such as affecting an optic nerve.

5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Harvey was born without an optic nerve - leading doctors to warn her he'd be blind for life.

According to Wikipedia he has  septo-optic dysplasia which would mean he has an optic nerve that is underdeveloped.

Edited by papageorge1

6 hours ago, quiXilver said:

can't serve this site in the country you're living in...

:lol::ph34r::sk

Think yourself lucky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

The article doesn't work for me either: Sorry, we can't serve this content to the country you're visiting from

But anyway, as I believe Uri has abilities  to do such things as bend metal in ways not understood by science, it sounds reasonable to me that he can have other effects not understood such as affecting an optic nerve.

According to Wikipedia he has  septo-optic dysplasia which would mean he has an optic nerve that is underdeveloped.

It means the development of the optic nerve is unpredictable. 

Not the same thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

It means the development of the optic nerve is unpredictable. 

Not the same thing.

Not sure what you're saying. Wikipedia:

Septo-optic dysplasia (SOD), known also as de Morsier syndrome, is a rare congenital malformation syndrome that features a combination of the underdevelopment of the optic nerve, pituitary gland dysfunction, and absence of the septum pellucidum (a midline part of the brain). 

.."born without an optic nerve"

FALSE.  Was that a deliberate or accidental lie?  Harvey Price was only partially blind as a result of septo-optic dysplasia, which affects the optic nerve.  The condition is generally not particularly degenerative. In rare cases the nerve may get worse but more commonly it will gradually heal itself or improve over time.

Interestingly, I found an extraordinarily large amount of press releases and publicity by/for Katie about Harvey... I shall refrain from commenting about that, beyond noting that most kids with the condition get no publicity, and they most certainly would not benefit from false hope from exposure to the ludicrous claims of Uri Geller, the proven fraud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Not sure what you're saying. Wikipedia:

Septo-optic dysplasia (SOD), known also as de Morsier syndrome, is a rare congenital malformation syndrome that features a combination of the underdevelopment of the optic nerve, pituitary gland dysfunction, and absence of the septum pellucidum (a midline part of the brain). 

Hanging with Harvey. Katie Price has spoken candidly about raising her and her ex Dwight Yorke’s son over the years.

The former model gave birth to her eldest child in May 2002. Harvey was born partially blind with septo-optic dysplasia, which makes his optic nerve development unpredictable. He was later diagnosed with autism and Prader-Willi syndrome, a genetic disorder characterized by obesity.

Katie Price’s Quotes About Raising Her and Dwight Yorke’s Son Harvey Over the Years

Partially blind too. Not blind. 

Silly old cow forgot a few details didn't she.

20 hours ago, nilknarf said:

lol. There is something funny about spoon bending. I don't know how they do it. But I can't say there is no evidence for it.

Spoon bending party

James Twyman had a spoon bending course you could use to learn how to do it.

So spoon bending made a blind kid see - except there was no guarantee he would be blind at all, and is still partially blind anyway.

Cool story Katie.