Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Modern tales of ghosts, monsters and aliens in Birmingham, UK


Eldorado
 Share

Recommended Posts

Birmingham has many spooky myths and legends - Aston Hall is allegedly one of the most haunted places in the UK, the spirit of Charles Dickens apparently makes regular appearances at Birmingham Town Hall, and ghosts sightings get reported near the Warstone Lane Cemetery in the Jewellery Quarter.

But there are plenty of more modern stories - here are just a few of them.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/nostalgia/brum-vampire-ghost-monster-story-21727029

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Good lord!  I'm never going to Birmingham.

:unsure2:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aston Hall is haunted as ****! :o

 

I've posted about this before, but.....

Disturbingly close to me, is a house that became a regular feature in the Birmingham Evening Mail, some time ago.

There was a really bad poltergeist in there, and sometimes a 'force' of some kind prevented the family from using the stairs. They couldn't go up, down, or both!

:wacko:

Edited by acute
Gramma
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only ghosts I’ve ever heard of from Birmingham are those from Black Sabath songs. :)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

The only ghosts I’ve ever heard of from Birmingham are those from Black Sabbath songs. :)

Really?  Is that all? :huh:

What about Steve Winwood, Traffic, The Spencer Davis Group, Carl Palmer, The Move, ELO, Joan Armatrading, Wizzard, UB40, Duran Duran, Steel Pulse, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Jamelia, and Ocean Colour Scene?

:P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, acute said:

Really?  Is that all? :huh:

What about Steve Winwood, Traffic, The Spencer Davis Group, Carl Palmer, The Move, ELO, Joan Armatrading, Wizzard, UB40, Duran Duran, Steel Pulse, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Jamelia, and Ocean Colour Scene?

:P

Yeah, an impressive number of bands. But I’m not sure UB40 or Duran Duran etc. have a songs about ghosts and monsters.  :lol:

ps: You forgot Robert Plant. He's from Birmingham too, as far as I know. Or somewhere around there...:D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, acute said:

Aston Hall is haunted as ****! :o

 

I've posted about this before, but.....

Disturbingly close to me, is a house that became a regular feature in the Birmingham Evening Mail, some time ago.

There was a really bad poltergeist in there, and sometimes a 'force' of some kind prevented the family from using the stairs. They couldn't go up, down, or both!

:wacko:

I don’t buy most of it, but Brum has loads of history and haunted locations.

a few years ago the council had an office in an old building, Pype Hayes.  Most of the staff there claimed it was haunted.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

You forgot Robert Plant. He's from Birmingham too, as far as I know. Or somewhere around there...:D

Not Birmingham, but next door.

He still lives nearby. :tu:

 

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Black-Eyed Child ghost in Cannock Chase, Staffordshire.

I forgot about that one!

(Thanks for the nightmares. :w00t:)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, acute said:

Really?  Is that all? :huh:

What about Steve Winwood, Traffic, The Spencer Davis Group, Carl Palmer, The Move, ELO, Joan Armatrading, Wizzard, UB40, Duran Duran, Steel Pulse, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Jamelia, and Ocean Colour Scene?

:P

Ozzy Osbourne was living in the midlands for some time. I happen to know as he was round the corner from me. Fortunately he was moving out as I moved in. 

Stories of his escapades were rife around the area at the time. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Ozzy Osbourne was living in the midlands for some time. I happen to know as he was round the corner from me. Fortunately he was moving out as I moved in. 

Stories of his escapades were rife around the area at the time. 

Growing up in Brum, Ozzy’s son knocked around with our group for a bit.  Not the famous pretentious one, this was from a relationship before his Hollywood days.

Good lad, he never talked about it and never let anyone know.  We only found out about his dad by accident when we dropped him home because he was too drunk to stand, he had pictures of him and Ozzy in his room.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.