Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We Asked a NASA Scientist: Do Aliens Exist? [

Grim Reaper 6

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I would go with 'most likely true' that the human DNA was augmented by an advanced race during that time period. I understand how we are conditioned to only accept mainstream science and to scoff at other sources of information.

That's cool Papa, while on this subject we certainly don't agree I am not able to prove your wrong. One thing I do like about what you said above is that your thoughts are not constrained by the well defined box most people are taught to think within. For myself, I see things from a more Scientific perspective but I also must say that I do not allow the constraints of mainstream science to restrict my thinking. 

Thanks for your reply, and even though I don't agree with you I would enjoy discussing this with you further respectfully like we are doing now.

Peace Papa:tu:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I suppose there'd a phylogentic anomaly that would support that.

I have heard about a 'missing link' and such but it is controversial at this time and beyond science to know all that happened at that time. 

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's cool Papa, while on this subject we certainly don't agree I am not able to prove your wrong. One thing I do like about what you said above is that your thoughts are not constrained by the well defined box most people are taught to think within. For myself, I see things from a more Scientific perspective but I also must say that I do not allow the constraints of mainstream science to restrict my thinking. 

Thanks for your reply, and even though I don't agree with you I would enjoy discussing this with you further respectfully like we are doing now.

Peace Papa:tu:

Peace back, Manwon. I am already convinced a great amount lies beyond current science's knowledge and I give other wisdom traditions there due respect too. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ExoPaul said:

We know very little about the smallest matter in the universe as we know about the universe. 

So when they say an asteroid can bring life, I suddenly have this vision of an asteroid is a sperm and the planet it is seeding is the egg. 

And suddenly space is filled with space jizz and when that happens, you simply cannot unthink the idea of the universe is a giant womb. 

And now neither will you! 

So enjoy your next orgasm, because you just fired another asteroid belt into your partner and hoping you don't go and populate an Epsilon-Centar IV. 

I have enjoyed your comments here, and the reason I placed a laughing emoji on your comments is not because I disagree with your reasoning, it's the humorous way you explained your view. In reality I think what you said makes a great deal of sense, even though the way you said it was humorous!:tu:

@Tom1200 I have a question I would like to get your thoughts on. Currently throughout the human population there are many people with IQs from 150 to 190. Now let me be clear, while I realize a persons IQ may be at that level that doesn't mean they will ever do anything that is a world changer. In my opinion a persons IQ only shows that the person has a different level of perception and basic understanding than average members of our civilization  are capable of easily seeing. 

Here is my question Tom, what do you think separates an Einstein from another genius with equal education and IQ rating?

@Cookie Monster if you would like to please answer the question above also I would appreciate it.

Thanks to both if you in advance. 

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

@Tom1200 I have a question I would like to get your thoughts on. Currently throughout the human population there are many people with IQs from 150 to 190. Now let me be clear, while I realize a persons IQ may be at that level that doesn't mean they will ever do anything that is a world changer. In my opinion a persons IQ only shows that the person has a different level of perception and basic understanding than average members of our civilization  are capable of easily seeing. 

Here is my question Tom, what do you think separates an Einstein from another genius with equal education and IQ rating?

@Cookie Monster if you would like to please answer the question above also I would appreciate it.

Thanks to both if you in advance. 

As to being a world changer it depends if they get appropriately qualified and experienced in a field that they can take the lead in.

Einstein wasn`t that bright and was a very lazy student. I suggest to you it was his Mrs who didnt get to finish her physics degree because she got pregnant.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

As to being a world changer it depends if they get appropriately qualified and experienced in a field that they can take the lead in.

Einstein wasn`t that bright and was a very lazy student. I suggest to you it was his Mrs who didnt get to finish her physics degree because she got pregnant.

Cookie you didn't answer the question:rolleyes: so let me break it down for you in a different way.  Take a group of equally qualified Geniuses in the same field of study what makes one individual from that group see things differently and create a revolutionary and world changing event or situation occur. Basically why does one person in group rise above all the rest even though they are equally in all respects?

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I would go with 'most likely true' that the human DNA was augmented by an advanced race during that time period. I understand how we are conditioned to only accept mainstream science and to scoff at other sources of information.

9cBWaF2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

9cBWaF2.jpg

If your desire is to dismiss it, then you can.

My desire is to judge the likeliness of its truth all things considered.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2021 at 11:44 PM, Cookie Monster said:

If aliens are just 200 years more advanced than us I suspect they may already know of all life in our galaxy, and all civilizations. I say this because baring in mind how advanced our own telescopes are I couldn`t imagine it taking very long before we can see the inhabitants on other planets.

So the question is why haven`t they made contact with us?

Either they are hiding, waiting to see before making contact, think we are insignificant, or there is also the possibility that they have made contact and we are mistaking it for religion.

Personally I think 50 years ahead of us is already a considerable leap forward taking in consideration things like machine learning and possible some sort of if real AI already achieved.

• Like 1

Cookie you didn't answer the question:rolleyes: so let me break it down for you in a different way.  Take a group of equally qualified Geniuses in the same field of study what makes one individual from that group see things differently and create a revolutionary and world changing event or situation occur. Basically why does one person in group rise above all the rest even though they are equally in all respects?

He didnt, there are loads of physicists (many from his own university) who have Nobel prizes and discoveries after their names.

Einstein is simply the most famous, not the most genius.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

He didnt, there are loads of physicists (many from his own university) who have Nobel prizes and discoveries after their names.

Einstein is simply the most famous, not the most genius.

Ok thanks fir trying to reply I sincerely appreciate the attempt.

Peace Dude

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Currently throughout the human population there are many people with IQs from 150 to 190. Now let me be clear, while I realize a persons IQ may be at that level that doesn't mean they will ever do anything that is a world changer. In my opinion a persons IQ only shows that the person has a different level of perception and basic understanding than average members of our civilization  are capable of easily seeing.  What do you think separates an Einstein from another genius with equal education and IQ rating?

Take a group of equally qualified Geniuses in the same field of study what makes one individual from that group see things differently and create a revolutionary and world changing event or situation occur. Basically why does one person in group rise above all the rest even though they are equally in all respects?

This is an interesting aside, though hardly relevant to the original question "do aliens exist?", and unrelated to my (& Cookie's) point that - in certain fields - there ARE limits to knowledge.  The example I've used is of sub-sub-subatomic particles.  We will either discover exactly how matter is formed and behaves, or we will reach the point where so much energy is required we'll be forced to give up looking.  And when that happens there'll be no point worrying it; no amount of 'thinking outside the box' will solve the question what might they be made of?  Science requires evidence; if all you want is idle, unfounded speculation you should address future comments to the likes of PapaG.

IMO your question contains a fundamental fallacy rendering it unanswerable.  How do you determine that any two people are alike in all respects of intelligence and education?  And by extension - to conclude that a whole group of people ought to behave and think alike is illogical.  

I agree with Cookie that Einstein, brilliant though he was, is not the single most outstanding example of genius.  Within his field of expertise - yes (after all, he pretty much wrote all of it), but how do we compare his achievements to those of Tolstoy, da Vinci, Williams, Mozart, Hannibal, or many million others?

I don't agree that rehashing motivational claptrap about 'thinking outside the box' is a valid argument against a reasoned, scientific position.

Back to the question "do aliens exist?"  Most probably yes.  Life as we know it has developed on Earth through a series of fortunate developments - right temperature, water, atmosphere, iron core, etc.  There are so many planets in the Universe that it's strange to believe similar hospitable conditions won't exist elsewhere.  As for your 'outside the box' speculation of life as we don't know it - well, there's your answer: we don't know.  So please speculate, imagine, dream and create weird and wonderful alien possibilities, but make sure you label this correctly: science fiction, not science fact.

17 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

I agree with Cookie that Einstein, brilliant though he was, is not the single most outstanding example of genius.  Within his field of expertise - yes (after all, he pretty much wrote all of it), but how do we compare his achievements to those of Tolstoy, da Vinci, Williams, Mozart, Hannibal, or many million others?

He didn't have big shoes.  He had big shoulders. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

If your desire is to dismiss it, then you can.

My desire is to judge the likeliness of its truth all things considered.

No YOU dismissed it by saying something you cannot back up except with your opinion. Opinions are great, everyone should have one, but they are not a good substitute for evidence.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 3:19 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Why can't a species be a Billion years older than us? 

Because evolution is evolution, whether on this planet or any other planet in any other of the trillions of galaxies in our universe.  Species evolve...eventually, as we know to a point where they begin to use up the resources of their planet.  Once that happens, the species begins to fade away.  Do you think it possible that a billion years from now, humans will even exist?  I mean, do you think there is even a remote possibility that a human would be 'human' in a billion years?  That's all Star Trek Think.  It's fantasy not reality.  Reality suggests something far different.  

15 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

What is genes?

Philomena Cunk

It's like seeing through the matrix, which is run by 5g...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, joc said:

Because evolution is evolution, whether on this planet or any other planet in any other of the trillions of galaxies in our universe.  Species evolve...eventually, as we know to a point where they begin to use up the resources of their planet.  Once that happens, the species begins to fade away.  Do you think it possible that a billion years from now, humans will even exist?  I mean, do you think there is even a remote possibility that a human would be 'human' in a billion years?  That's all Star Trek Think.  It's fantasy not reality.  Reality suggests something far different.  

Humans will cease being humans this century

As soon as we can 3D print tissue then a new profession will emerge - tissue engineers.

They`ll be designing, printing, and putting into us, not only super organs but organs we dont even have. Human Beings Mach 2.

• Thanks 1

We Asked a Pastry Chef: Do Aliens Exist? Answer was just as relevant as one from a NASA scientist.

We then asked a construction worker if bigfoot exists - the answer may surprise you. Tune in at 11.

Edited by moonman
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hanslune said:

No YOU dismissed it by saying something you cannot back up except with your opinion. Opinions are great, everyone should have one, but they are not a good substitute for evidence.

For me evidence is anything I consider in my overall assessment. Claims of channeled psychic input are considered evidence for consideration for me ('considered' means neither blindly accepted nor blindly dismissed).

28 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

For me evidence is anything I consider in my overall assessment.

You remind me of this other geezer.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

In order for our species to survive, I think we would have to colonize other planets. We could terraform them. By tilling the soil of Mars we might be able to release gasses to refill the atmosphere and wake the planet up. We should start by building a moon base. By taking off from the moon we would have a head start to other planets. The lack of gravity on the moon could also help us lift off heavier equipment. We could build tanks on the moon that could survive the heat of the Venusian surface so that we could finally explore it.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

For me evidence is anything I consider in my overall assessment. Claims of channeled psychic input are considered evidence for consideration for me ('considered' means neither blindly accepted nor blindly dismissed).

Yeah bad evidence. You just pick and choose what you like and what you consider evidence which is why your credibility is so insignificant. Evidence is a beast that destroys dreams and theories without compassion.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Yeah bad evidence. You just pick and choose what you like and what you consider evidence which is why your credibility is so insignificant. Evidence is a beast that destroys dreams and theories without compassion.

Show me your ‘destroying’ evidence then if you have any. I do consider all evidence as I said and ‘truth’ is my first priority.