Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weather Underground radical David Gilbert wins parole after 40 years

Eldorado

Former Weather Underground radical David Gilbert has been granted parole after 40 years behind bars for his role in a deadly 1981 Brink’s robbery that was a violent echo of left-wing extremism born in the 1960s, the New York state corrections department said.

Gilbert, 76, has been imprisoned since shortly after the infamously botched armoured car robbery in which a guard and two police officers were killed.

He became eligible for parole only after his 75 years-to-life sentence was shortened by Governor Andrew Cuomo in August, hours before he left office.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/weather-underground-radical-david-gilbert-wins-parole-after-40-years-in-prison/ar-AAPYWic?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Of course he did :no:  

Half the people calling themselves democrats in our government worshipped that murderous terrorist organization as kids.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Of course he did :no:  

Half the people calling themselves democrats in our government worshipped that murderous terrorist organization as kids.

What is wrong with you?  Anything you don't agree with you blame on the democrats or you call it "leftist" or "liberal".   Your polarization diminishes your ability to have a rational conversation.

13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

What is wrong with you?  Anything you don't agree with you blame on the democrats or you call it "leftist" or "liberal".   Your polarization diminishes your ability to have a rational conversation.

Maybe you just need to do some research.  For a quick example (although there are many other examples with other democrats and the weather underground)

Ayers is a retired professor in the College of Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, formerly holding the titles of Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar.[3] During the 2008 U.S. presidential campaign, a controversy arose over his contacts with then-candidate Barack Obama. He is married to lawyer and Clinical Law Professor Bernardine Dohrn, who was also a leader in the Weather Underground.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Yep.  I started a thread about his upcoming hearing a few months ago, noted that and predicted this outcome.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Maybe you just need to do some research.  For a quick example (although there are many other examples with other democrats and the weather underground)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

That indicates that the radical organization still exists, which it does not. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Underground_(disambiguation)

Since the verbiage is in the present tense I assume that professor Ayers wife belongs to the weather underground weather service.   Is that the reference?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Underground_(weather_service)

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That indicates that the radical organization still exists, which it does not. 

No it doesn't. 

Like I said maybe you should do some research.  Somewhere on this site is a very long thread about it.  

Edited by OverSword

20 minutes ago, OverSword said:

No it doesn't. 

Like I said maybe you should do some research.  Somewhere on this site is a very long thread about it.  

I don't need to do some research,  I was commenting on your polarization, a pattern that I have seen in your posts.  And the quotes you posted have nothing to do with my comment except that you used them as justification for your polarization.  

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't need to do some research,  I was commenting on your polarization, a pattern that I have seen in your posts.  And the quotes you posted have nothing to do with my comment except that you used them as justification for your polarization.  

There are many democrats in office that have relationships with people that were in the weather underground and it's why this murdering terrorist got parole.  That's what I said.  Get it?

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OverSword said:

There are many democrats in office that have relationships with people that were in the weather underground.  WHAT?!?!

So!  There are many politicians that have relationships with cartels and had relationships with the mob when they were a thing.  WHAT?!?!   

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

I learned a while back that using political labels like "Left", "Progs", and so on has a way of setting off a few here.  I'm not sure how else to describe them.  Perhaps it'd be less offensive to name them "non-conservatives"?  It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, and then said:

I learned a while back that using political labels like "Left", "Progs", and so on has a way of setting off a few here.  I'm not sure how else to describe them.  Perhaps it'd be less offensive to name them "non-conservatives"?  It's ridiculous.

It sets me off when it has nothing to do with the OP.   And those labels indicate you have an extreme bias.  I very rarely see anyone complaining about the "right wing", "Conservatives", republicans etc on these forums and I know if anyone did you would be all over them.  You, specifically,  are the worst offender of making something political when it isn't.

Edited by Desertrat56