Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do Records from the United States National Archives Show Proof of UFOs?

Grim Reaper 6

Hello everyone here is a link to the United States National Archives that will let you view videos and mountains of information that has been and is being declassified by the United States for public viewing. If you are interested in the subject of Extraterrestrial life or the UFO Phenomenon and have not gone here to look around and read actual documents  I doubt you will find more data compiled on the subject anywhere else. So I hope this helpful and some members find it useful.

Over the years, many researchers and scientists have scoured government documents at the National Archives in search of proof that life exists beyond Earth.    

The subject of UFOs has long fascinated National Archives staff members as well. In a July 15, 2017, National Archives The Text Message blog post, “See Something, Say Something”: UFO Reporting Requirements, Office of Military Government for Bavaria, Germany, May 1948 archivists Greg Bradsher and Sylvia Naylor share a brief history of Project Blue Book, the project’s alternative names over the course of its existence, and some information on the infamous Roswell, New Mexico, UFO incident. There is even a Project Blue Book webpage  so researchers can access online more than 50,000 official U.S. Government documents relating to the UFO phenomenon.

https://www.archives.gov/news/articles/do-records-show-proof-of-ufos

Edited by Saru
Trimmed for length
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

There is even a Project Blue Book webpage  so researchers can access online more than 50,000 official U.S. Government documents relating to the UFO phenomenon.

They are only going to make available what they, our "transparent government" are comfortable with having you, Mr. General Public, to see. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Phantom309 said:

They are only going to make available what they, our "transparent government" are comfortable with having you, Mr. General Public, to see. 

:D Let me explain something so you better understand me. I was in the US Military for 23 years then I retired, next I worked as a US Government Contractor in Middle Eastern Operation for a little over 10 additional years. I have spent close to 34 years of of my life in Government Service, because of my Military and Civilian positions which were the same I was required to have a TS-SBI Security Clearance.  One thing  I can tell you that is honest and completely true sometimes when they declassify documents for public release they make mistakes. Even when they don't, make a mistake by reading the original documents it paints a different picture then when some Conspiracy Theorist adds their bias and unfounded thoughts to the original story. 

I posted this as a curiosity to some members who may not know this information can be viewed!

Peace my friend!

• Like 2

I have seen redacted documents on an incident that happened in March of 1948 near the town my parents grew up and the first two pages of the document were severly redacted, but if you kept turning pages on page 5 or 6 information that was redacted on previous pages was not redacted.   People used to have to use markers to redact documents.   They got tired, so you can find some information.

And the point about conspiracy theorists bias and unfounded thoughts on original documents is valid.  Everyone is looking for something and sometimes they can twist what is actually there or not there to their whim so it is more useful to see the actual documents yourself, whether you want to debunk or find out if there is something to the UFO/UAP phenomena.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I have seen redacted documents on an incident that happened in March of 1948 near the town my parents grew up and the first two pages of the document were severly redacted, but if you kept turning pages on page 5 or 6 information that was redacted on previous pages was not redacted.   People used to have to use markers to redact documents.   They got tired, so you can find some information.

And the point about conspiracy theorists bias and unfounded thoughts on original documents is valid.  Everyone is looking for something and sometimes they can twist what is actually there or not there to their whim so it is more useful to see the actual documents yourself, whether you want to debunk or find out if there is something to the UFO/UAP phenomena.

I totally agree with you, and thanks for the support. Like I said the reason I posted all that information and started this thread was for those members who may not have seen or know that they can access this information directly I have already read it all myself. 

Peace my friend and thanks again. :tu:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

:D Let me explain something so you better understand me. I was in the US Military for 23 years then I retired, next I worked as a US Government Contractor in Middle Eastern Operation for a little over 10 additional years. I have spent close to 34 years of of my life in Government Service, because of my Military and Civilian positions which were the same I was required to have a TS-SBI Security Clearance.  One thing  I can tell you that is honest and completely true sometimes when they declassify documents for public release they make mistakes. Even when they don't, make a mistake by reading the original documents it paints a different picture then when some Conspiracy Theorist adds their bias and unfounded thoughts to the original story. 

I posted this as a curiosity to some members who may not know this information can be viewed!

Peace my friend!

Hey Manwon- what I'm referring to are the comments / testimony from some military people, gov't types that I have read over the years. The comments always focus on the fact Blue Book was merely a "front" for the Pentagon - they wanted to downplay the UFO issue that was shown to the public. Any serious/significant cases were automatically diverted directly to the Pentagon for their needs and analysis, the rest stayed with BB.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phantom309 said:

Hey Manwon- what I'm referring to are the comments / testimony from some military people, gov't types that I have read over the years. The comments always focus on the fact Blue Book was merely a "front" for the Pentagon - they wanted to downplay the UFO issue that was shown to the public. Any serious/significant cases were automatically diverted directly to the Pentagon for their needs and analysis, the rest stayed with BB.  

I am very aware of what your saying, but you don't seem to understand that when they redact records they often make mistakes and release information unintentionally if you don't actually ever read the original files your missing information and you will never get a clear picture. At the time Blue Book was operational the documents were Top Secret they did not put fake files in the Blue Book file and send the real information to the Pentagon. 

You obvious do not ever know where Blue Book was located, well here is a hint the Project was at the Pentagon!:lol:

No offense but when it comes to this subject there are so many Conspiracy Theories spread around it's almost impossible to serparate truth from the 90% BS you find on sites that are dedicated to The UFO Phenomenon. Please I am not referring to you or your comments, no disrespect intended. But if you have not read through the documents in the US National Archives you missed a great deal of information that may answer the questions you might be looking for. 

Last, if you think the documents by eye witnesses whether they were Military Personel or not are some how doctored or fake, I am honestly sorry That I ever posted this thread because I have seen enough real classified documents to know these documents were not faked or falsified in any way, they are just no longer important to the Government. 

Take Care my friend and sincerely have a great day!:tu:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am very aware of what your saying, but you don't seem to understand that when they redact records they often make mistakes and release information unintentionally if you don't actually ever read the original files your missing information and you will never get a clear picture. At the time Blue Book was operational the documents were Top Secret they did not put fake files in the Blue Book file and send the real information to the Pentagon. 

Yes, I'm quite aware they can make mistakes. Some things never made into into BB - they went straight to the Pentagon - some retired military have attested to this. 

You obvious do not ever know where Blue Book was located, well here is a hint the Project was at the Pentagon!:lol:

Ah, yea, quite aware they were HQ'd at the Pentagon.......fulfilling their "face to the public" function.

No offense but when it comes to this subject there are so many Conspiracy Theories spread around it's almost impossible to serparate truth from the 90% BS you find on sites that are dedicated to The UFO Phenomenon. Please I am not referring to you or your comments, no disrespect intended. But if you have not read through the documents in the US National Archives you missed a great deal of information that may answer the questions you might be looking for. 

I've seen a number that have been published, heavy redactions and all.

Last, if you think the documents by eye witnesses whether they were Military Personel or not are some how doctored or fake, I am honestly sorry That I ever posted this thread because I have seen enough real classified documents to know these documents were not faked or falsified in any way, they are just no longer important to the Government. 

Ah, no....I do not think that.

All the best. :tu:

Take Care my friend and sincerely have a great day!:tu:

Edited by Phantom309
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Phantom309 said:

Thanks for comments, and please have a great day or night wherever you are!:tu:

On 10/27/2021 at 8:54 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Hello everyone here is a link to the United States National Archives that will let you view videos and mountains of information that has been and is being declassified by the United States for public viewing. If you are interested in the subject of Extraterrestrial life or the UFO Phenomenon and have not gone here to look around and read actual documents  I doubt you will find more data compiled on the subject anywhere else. So I hope this helpful and some members find it useful.

Over the years, many researchers and scientists have scoured government documents at the National Archives in search of proof that life exists beyond Earth.    

The subject of UFOs has long fascinated National Archives staff members as well. In a July 15, 2017, National Archives The Text Message blog post, “See Something, Say Something”: UFO Reporting Requirements, Office of Military Government for Bavaria, Germany, May 1948 archivists Greg Bradsher and Sylvia Naylor share a brief history of Project Blue Book, the project’s alternative names over the course of its existence, and some information on the infamous Roswell, New Mexico, UFO incident. There is even a Project Blue Book webpage  so researchers can access online more than 50,000 official U.S. Government documents relating to the UFO phenomenon.

your words:

I am not an authority on this subject, I have never followed the UFO Phenomenon during my life

what can you say= confused?

Edited by Dejarma
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

your words:

what can you say= confused?

That's very very obvious because you have asked no question, are you ok, because I am unable to translate your riddles!!:unsure:

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's very very obvious because you have asked no question, are you ok, because I am unable to translate your riddles!!:unsure:

why start this thread?