Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea calls for US apology

Talon

North Korea calls for US apology

North Korea says the US must apologise for calling it an "outpost of tyranny" before it will consider a return to talks on its nuclear ambitions.

Pyongyang's foreign ministry said it would resume talks "any time" if the US took a "trustworthy sincere attitude", the official KCNA news agency reported.

It called on the US to "renounce its hostile policy aimed at regime change".

North Korea abruptly withdrew from the six-nation talks last month, claiming it possessed nuclear weapons.

Since late 2002, three rounds of negotiations involving the US, Russia, the two Koreas, Japan and China have sought to ease nuclear tensions on the Korean peninsula, with little success.

While the US has demanded North Korea dismantles its nuclear weapons as part of any peace deal, Pyongyang has said it needs its arsenal to defend itself against a possible US attack.

'Axis of evil'

A memorandum from the North Korean foreign ministry, quoted by KCNA, singled out remarks made by US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice at her Senate confirmation hearing in January.

Ms Rice identified North Korea as one of six "outposts of tyranny" where the US must help bring freedom.

The comments were reminiscent of President George W Bush's "axis of evil" speech in 2002, in which he identified Iraq, Iran and North Korea as threats to US security.

The foreign ministry objected to both descriptions, saying: "The US should apologise for his above-said remarks and withdraw them, renounce its hostile policy aimed at a regime change in the DPRK [North Korea] and clarify its political willingness to co-exist with the DPRK in peace and show it in practice."

Last week, the agency quoted leader Kim Jong-il as saying North Korea would negotiate any time "if there are mature conditions".

However, he did not spell out what these conditions might be.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/worl...fic/4312223.stm

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Talon

• joc

• recon_soldier

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the United States of America:

user posted image

I think Korea has a point, if your attempting to talk a nation into dismantling its nuclear arsenal, calling them 'evil', 'outpost of tyranny', and generally threatening them isn't the best start in such discussions.

Joc's expression of Hatred and inconsideration of our Planet does not reflect the Nation as a whole.

thumbdown.gif

Edited by pisces1963

Northe Korea is a terrible place. Half of their citizens are starving, as well as being repressed. No freedom there.

Edited by ericraven2003

They also have one of the, if not the largest standing army in the world. I think its like 2/100 civilian isnt enlisted in there form of the national guard.

This wont be happening tongue.gif

Good luck to N.Korea on behalf of expecting a apology, Yes it is very sad to see even in the age of technology a large proporion of our fellow humans are starving.

Edited by recon_soldier

Joc's expression of Hatred and inconsideration of our Planet does not reflect the Nation as a whole.

It's a joke. IT'S A JOKE. w00t.gif

Come on now, can't you see any humor in that? tongue.gif

How bad a place N.Korea is isn't an issue, its how to get them to listen to us that is.

You are making the assumption that they are willing to listen. They have already showed their intentions to the contrary by walking out the last time we sat down with them.

Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the United States of America:

user posted image

508773[/snapback]

alien.gif Yeah. Right...you should be there...or perhaps you could.

.But oh whatever you can do we can do also said the North Koreans and how long before many others join them for your war to come back home to rain fire over your mother's lawn and ruin her roses. Your lover. Is she. Think about the receiving end and realise your own govt have no need for you to be alive so they failed to feed you poisonous mail but hey they can get you through N Korea. As the Koreans have loads of bombs with the Chinese and America may allow a little target practice on your homes. You don't have a family do you. Many Iraqis did. You still do but hey....I love war. Don't you. No need for humans here...oops...sorry. I do not think war will come because you guys will lobby the President and delay the inevitable changes due. of course if you had the correct propaganda you would know the fire power the Koreans have together is way to big to miss America. And should a war be forced for mutual benefit I suppose the other asian neighbours will size in number to topple the U.S and after US attack still have power to fight. I see the victor lies in the quality of the front showed by North Korea. It is either an act or pure wisdom on their strength and has no need to be bluff..Let your politicians wound your senses with lies of U.S. superiority. It is the banks that support her and the banks lead back to Europe. No America are playing a team game here but with who and for why?

But still kids today i don't know what gone into the young ones. you just can't control em. Give em a school tie and the white house and they think their gods. I blame it on the parents. Truly I do. Blaaahaahhhhahhhhhhhhh Bigga badda boom ....ahhhhh I'll be back .......ahhhhh tough guy....ahhhhhhhhhhhh Blahhhhh my gun's bigger than your gun.....all this mutual warriorship is for an end beyond being a staged NWO setup thingy and while we laugh at being fooled and sold out by the people we trust to lead us we can still find time to laugh at it all.....so funny...belive me they are all in it together. Don't belive the hype. If america wanted no nukes they would have done it easily. It is very contrived ...like your elections and your govt policies. making dumb sheep out of humans and taking the p*** with it as well. some audacity...Deserve it then. You choose...but still I love war don't you...War games...so cool... alien.gif Hooray for N Korea for their desire to be indipendaent with freedom of choice via democracy to be as they are and aspire to what they want which reminds me of what used to backbone America with it's freedom of spirit. Now the gestapo have to settle the far east ahead of the refomation times begin. Go to sleep America. just stay asleep.

You are making the assumption that they are willing to listen. They have already showed their intentions to the contrary by walking out the last time we sat down with them.

No I'm not making the assumption they would have been willing, just the observation that any chance they might have certainly would decrease if you start threatening them. All Bush has done is probably make them think the US has intentions to attack Korea, why on would they thus give up the one threat to the US they have?

And pisces1963 has a valid point, just because you don't like someone's government doesn't mean nuking them is the anwser. I mean, what kind of message of freedom is that: "Your government is a evil fascist dictatorship which is killing your people, but never fear, for we shall wipe you from the face of the Earth to free you from these oppressors",.. I mean, seriously Joc, what is that?

Edited by Talon S.

Northe Korea is a terrible place. Half of their citizens are starving, as well as being repressed. No freedom there.

508810[/snapback]

Really. Sounds like america...Really. But how is their infrastructure...Do they get the latest Sanyo toshiba mini sound system phoe withextendable microwaveable oven before America. Global news programs will diffuse the heavy racist propaganda the US govt are pumping into your mind.

We all know that such a thing as freedom is rapidly going down the Illuminati's toilet

Edited by recon_soldier

No I'm not making the assumption they would have been willing, just the observation that any chance they might have certainly would decrease if you start threatening them. All Bush has done is probably make them think the US has intentions to attack Korea, why on would they thus give up the one threat to the US they have?

And pisces1963 has a valid point, just because you don't like someone's government doesn't mean nuking them is the anwser. I mean, what kind of message of freedom is that: "Your government is a evil fascist dictatorship which is killing your people, but never fear, for we shall wipe you from the face of the Earth to free you from these oppressors",.. I mean, seriously Joc, what is that?

508886[/snapback]

OMG it was a joke!...I guess you can joke about Bush on that other thread, stating it is how your country talks about people (in power) that are out of favor, but if someone else jokes or puts down another country or president, it's curtains! cool.gif

I thought it was funny....and a good joke. Way to go joc thumbsup.gif

All Bush has done is probably make them think the US has intentions to attack Korea, why on would they thus give up the one threat to the US they have?

Oh come on, are you serious? What Bush did was send them a message that we are at war and that it would be extremely unwise of them to start wagging their Nuclear Dog.

seriously Joc, what is that?

What part of the following quote did you not understand? huh.gif

It's a joke. IT'S A JOKE.  w00t.gif 

Good Lord Zeus. blink.gif Take a valium!

Edited by joc

We all know that such a thing as freedom is rapidly going down the Illuminati's toilet

508894[/snapback]

What's that supposed to mean?

It's a laugh, Kim talking about coming back to the negotiating table if Bush apologizes. tongue.gif Another ploy of his....always stalling or manipulating.

Oh come on, are you serious? What Bush did was send them a message that we are at war and that it would be extremely unwise of them to start wagging their Nuclear Dog.

Exactly, the message he sent out was 'there is a axis of evil, we're them, apart... and your one of them'. You know if I was Korea I don't think I would be in any rush to disarm.

What part of the following quote did you not understand? 

It's a joke. IT'S A JOKE.

Didn't stop you chewing my friend pisces1963 up when she disagreed with nuking them.

Didn't stop you chewing my friend pisces1963 up when she disagreed with nuking them.

I didn't chew anybody up. huh.gif I consider pisces a friend too.

Some of you people seriously need to lighten up a little. tongue.gif

You know if I was Korea I don't think I would be in any rush to disarm.

They are as evil as Hitler was evil. So why are we discussing any of this anyway? Are you a Commy Symphathizer? tongue.gif

I agree with the logic stated here about Mr. Kim and his talk, but Mr. Kim will use logic as a weapon...(to get what he wants). Just because something sounds logical or is logical doesn't mean it is the truth. Many scoundrels hide behind logic. cool.gif

You can't believe Kim Jong Il.

They are as evil as Hitler was evil. So why are we discussing any of this anyway? Are you a Commy Symphathizer? 

Joc, I could say 'If I was a murder on the runand everyone knew I was as guilt as hell, I'm not going to give myself up' in relation to a story about a murder who was on the run as a way of explaining why he's doing such. Would you consider that somehow make me a criminal symphathizer too?

Heheh, Its called a police state, where everything you do is monitored and alot of other ugly suprises.

www.infowars.com

www.infowars.tv

www.prisonplanet.com

www.prisonplanet.tv

All alex jones's websites

Patriot Act took away a large amount of your US Residential freedoms

You know, to protect you from the big bad CIA ...ah, i mean Al-q....

Edited by recon_soldier