Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM is now on Patreon!

Saru

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

@Saru What are your thoughts on potentially having different effects/username colors available for subscribers (not limited to just one color/the user list)? For example, if I wanted to change my username to look neon green or something, I would be able to, and the colour would appear in both the user list/forum posts.

I love the site and will continue to be a monthly donor, but I do think that having more customization options available might yield more subscribers!

Thanks for subscribing :)

It's a nice idea, but if we did do that, we would need to have a limited selection of colors to avoid confusion with other member groups.

For example, we wouldn't want someone choosing red, blue or green coloration as these are site staff colors.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Saru said:

Thanks for subscribing :)

It's a nice idea, but if we did do that, we would need to have a limited selection of colors to avoid confusion with other member groups.

For example, we wouldn't want someone choosing red, blue or green coloration as these are site staff colors.

Absolutely! I was thinking something like a limited amount of non-staff colors could be available, and maybe more of a variety of colors available per each tier. Maybe even the ability to change the way your username appears, too (like some kind of "fire" effect, "glow" effect; maybe even a different font, limited by however many you choose to allow) that also has a limited amount, dictated by the tier level. 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Saru said:

Sorry to hear you are having trouble - as a first step, have you been able to create an account on Patreon ?

If not, try doing that as a separate step first and then go back to our page once you've created an account and logged in.

The direct link to sign up to the Patreon main site ishttps://www.patreon.com/signup

If the sign up form isn't working either then let me know and we can try to troubleshoot what the issue is.

I've tried this link a couple of times and it's the same thing. I fill in my name, email info and make a password, but I just get a spinning circle. It isn't advancing me to anything. I left it spin awhile and checked my email but there's nothing there either. I don't know why I'm having a problem. Is anyone else encountering this?

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Just now, susieice said:

I've tried this link a couple of times and it's the same thing. I fill in my name, email info and make a password, but I just get a spinning circle. It isn't advancing me to anything. I left it spin awhile and checked my email but there's nothing there either. I don't know why I'm having a problem.

Are you on a desktop computer or a mobile device ?

Also, which browser are you using ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Absolutely! I was thinking something like a limited amount of non-staff colors could be available, and maybe more of a variety of colors available per each tier. Maybe even the ability to change the way your username appears, too (like some kind of "fire" effect, "glow" effect; maybe even a different font, limited by however many you choose to allow) that also has a limited amount, dictated by the tier level. 

It might be awkward due to the fact that each unique style/color would need a separate member group.

I'll certainly look into it though. :tu:

1 minute ago, Saru said:

Are you on a desktop computer or a mobile device ?

Also, which browser are you using ?

I'm on a desktop and I use Chrome. My OS is Linux.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

I'm on a desktop and I use Chrome.

Try disabling your ad blocker for that website (if you have one) - see if that helps.

Also, if you are using a VPN or proxy, try disabling it temporarily to see if that makes any difference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Saru said:

Try disabling your ad blocker for that website (if you have one) - see if that helps.

Also, if you are using a VPN or proxy, try disabling it temporarily to see if that makes any difference.

I know I don't have a VPN and I've never been in the website before. I haven't activated an ad blocker. Could it be the Linux? I haven't had problems accessing a website because of that before.

I googled the Patreon site itself with no problem. I filled in the sign up form and still get the spinning circle. It's just not advancing me.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

I know I don't have a VPN and I've never been in the website before. I haven't activated an ad blocker. Could it be the Linux? I haven't had problems accessing a website because of that before.

I've never heard of a website not loading on Linux so I don't think it can be that.

Try accessing Patreon in incognito mode on your browser ( click the 3 dots at the top right and select "new incognito window" ). If it works, then it could be an extension installed on Chrome that's causing the problem.

Another option is to try it on a different browser such as Firefox or on a mobile phone/tablet if you have one available.

• Like 1

I can try my phone and I'll try the incognito window.

• Like 1

I tried both. As soon as I bring up the sign in page on any of them, the circle is spinning at the bottom, before I fill in anything. I also tried yahoo's search engine. Same thing.

Edited by susieice

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

I tried both. As soon as I bring up the sign in page on any of them, the circle is spinning at the bottom, before I fill in anything. I also tried yahoo's search engine. Same thing.

If it's doing it on your phone as well then it sounds like it could be something to do with your network or your Internet connection - especially if Yahoo won't load either.

• Like 1

This website is a scam! :angry:

No matter how many times you click "Accept Cookies", do you get cookies? No.

:w00t:

• Haha 8

I'll keep trying. Thanks Saru.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

I'll keep trying.

Don't worry about it :)

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Saru said:

I regularly have to disable mine if I'm doing any kind of shopping or browsing for merchandise that's only sold inside the U.S. or in certain states within the U.S.  It throws an error message but as soon as I disable it, the page loads fine.

• Like 3

I think me and my fat finger finally did it on my phone. They have all my info. It congratulated me on being a patron of UM but I still can't get the links in here to work or on their site with my PC. I guess I need to use my phone for this. Oh look! It did go through! I love success!

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

I love success!

:tu::sk

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 8:32 PM, OverSword said:

If it goes away I will probably use the web only to order from amazon and buy movie tickets

Or just move to another similar site, of which there are plenty.

52 minutes ago, Inn Spectre said:

Or just move to another similar site, of which there are plenty.

pfft  Great guitarists are a dime a dozen...but there is only ONE Joe Bonamassa! 

And there is only ONE UM...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 10/30/2021 at 10:31 AM, Saru said:

Much appreciated, thank you. ^_^

I am so happy to support UM, the posters here are like family to me. :wub:

I am so excited about the changes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, joc said:

pfft  Great guitarists are a dime a dozen...but there is only ONE Joe Bonamassa! 

And there is only ONE UM...

Exactly, I have been here since 2005, sixteen years. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Exactly, I have been here since 2005, sixteen years. :wub:

And you don't look a day older!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, susieice said:

I think me and my fat finger finally did it on my phone. They have all my info. It congratulated me on being a patron of UM but I still can't get the links in here to work or on their site with my PC. I guess I need to use my phone for this. Oh look! It did go through! I love success!

3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I am so happy to support UM, the posters here are like family to me. :wub:

I am so excited about the changes.

Thank you very much to you both. ^_^

• Like 1

And we have already managed to smash our first Patreon subscriber target of 10 - which is amazing - thank you so much for your support. ^_^

Our next goal is 25 subscribers!

• Like 5