Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM is now on Patreon!

Saru

Okay, I just signed up. This means I'm now immune from UM prosecution, aye?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Okay, I just signed up.

Thank you ^_^

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

This means I'm now immune from UM prosecution, aye?

I don't think that's one of the perks on the list :P

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, Saru said:

Thank you very much to you both. ^_^

So happy I was able to get through. UM really is family.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Inn Spectre said:

Or just move to another similar site, of which there are plenty.

No there are not.  Not with the forum moderated or as diverse as this one, IMO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, OverSword said:

@Saru How do I turn on the subscriber box?  

You should have received a custom link in the welcome message on Patreon which will take you to a settings page.

Let me know if you don't have it or if it doesn't work and I'll PM you another one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Exactly, I have been here since 2005, sixteen years. :wub:

Wow, that is really cool I bet you have seen many members come and go and come back again. Your part of the original foundation, wow!!:nw:

Namaste!!:tu:

• Like 2

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

Wow, that is really cool I bet you have seen many members come and go and come back again. Your part of the original foundation, wow!!:nw:

Namaste!!:tu:

I have seen a lot of members come and go. A few trickle back from long ago, but I stay in the Spirituality section and it has its own regulars like the other forums. Once in awhile I go to the political section, but really only during an election year, The rest of the time I stay out of politics. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

No there are not.  Not with the forum moderated or as diverse as this one, IMO.

That is certainly very true and its very very valuable also, the internet is like the Wild West the fastest key board stroke alone with anything else goes! It has also become so negative compared to the 1980s when I was first posting online it all started for me because of my military career, and the position (MOS) I worked in. One day I came to work in 1983 and they told me I was going to have to learn how to operate a Computer because it was now required as part of my position.

Well the Computer the Army had bought was the Wang personal computer dubbed the Wang Professional Computer. With its IBM-like 16-bit cpu and MS-DOS operating system, it is in the mainstream of the market. However, its menu-driven approach and outstanding word processing package elevate it into a niche of its own at that time. The unit has an 8086 16-bit MPU, 128K of RAM (expandable to 640K), one floppy disk drive (a second floppy disk or Winchester drive is optional), five expansion slots, serial and parallel ports, enhanced MS-DOS operating system, MBasic interpreter ( which later became known as Quick Basic ) and a wide selection of applications software.

I had no idea how to even turn the dam thing on, and it require command prompts to access the floppy disk drives and all other features icons to click on at that time were Science Fiction. So I was sent to school for two weeks where we were taught 8 hour's a day to learn how to operate the system and how to keep it up and running on the network the Military using which was still an upgraded version of the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET). This was the first computer network and it was originally designed for the Department of Defense, if I remember correctly the ARPANET  was used by the Military until the around 1989 or 1990. 

Peace, and a great post thanks for sharing your comments!:tu:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I have seen a lot of members come and go. A few trickle back from long ago, but I stay in the Spirituality section and it has its own regulars like the other forums. Once in awhile I go to the political section, but really only during an election year, The rest of the time I stay out of politics. 

Yes I would bet you have seen many members come and go wow! I know you like the spiritual section of the forum and its really a relaxed cool place to post, I frequent it at times as you know!:) Yes I totally agree the political section of this or any forum is always a place where there is much more drama than actually needed. I think that the Political sections of any forum should be combined with a subsection for Conspiracies and Secret Societies, because that's all  Politics really consist of today in reality its just BS piled upon more BS.:yes: I prefer the religious, all of the scientific sections, musical section, the medical section especially since the Pandemic began and the historical forum sections. 

Take Care my friend I enjoy our discussion and I really enjoy your kind and friendly approach to the forum, I have learned much from you!!:tu:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m in. All subscribed.

I agree with the idea that this is family. I’ve been here since 2007. Been through a lot and this place has been a great support.

love all of you!

Nibs

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, HerNibs said:

I’m in. All subscribed.

I agree with the idea that this is family. I’ve been here since 2007. Been through a lot and this place has been a great support.

love all of you!

Nibs

Here, here Nibs back at you my friend!:tu:

• Like 1

It's been since 2009 for me.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, susieice said:

It's been since 2009 for me.

Wow another old timer so you have been here for 12 years, your another part of the foundation of this forum and that's really cool. I bet you have also seen many members come, go, and come back again, all I can say is wow! You and Sherapy  and some others have so much more experience operating on internet forums than I do, I am a complete Newbie compared to you guys. I am 62 years young :D, and unlike you and Sherapy my experience as a member of internet forums is so very limited, in fact I have only been the member of one other forum in my entire life and that was from approximately 2007 until 2009.

Susieice, I am glad to see the signup problem that you were having is finally corrected, I know how frustrating it can be and I wish I could have been more help.

Take care my friend!:tu:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HerNibs said:

I’m in. All subscribed.

love all of you!

Nibs

Thank you for subscribing ^_^

• Like 1

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I'll give it a look. Been here since 2012, was a youngster back then, the year I graduated highschool.

I appreciated being able to question things from a point of anonymity. Being autistic my social skills were very stunted. Being able to type thoughts and have discussions on UM in a way served as an outlet. 

I came thinking about spiritual things and the supernatural and stayed for the community.

I can't remember if we only planned it or actually did it, but I'm pretty sure I even played Apex Legends on playstation with a couple blokes here some years ago haha. 

It's truly a unique place that is big enough to keep a flow of new people, but also small enough that you get to know each other.

Yup. I played Apex with both yourself and @Imaginarynumber1

Was fun.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Wow another old timer so you have been here for 12 years, your another part of the foundation of this forum and that's really cool. I bet you have also seen many members come, go, and come back again, all I can say is wow! You and Sherapy  and some others have so much more experience operating on internet forums than I do, I am a complete Newbie compared to you guys. I am 62 years young :D, and unlike you and Sherapy my experience as a member of internet forums is so very limited, in fact I have only been the member of one other forum in my entire life and that was from approximately 2007 until 2009.

Susieice, I am glad to see the signup problem that you were having is finally corrected, I know how frustrating it can be and I wish I could have been more help.

Take care my friend!:tu:

You were a lot of help Manwon. You supported my determination to keep trying and after a few attempts on my phone, as Saru suggested, I was able to get the site to advance the pages.

I've been in here for a long time and UM is actually the only forum I ever joined. I found it one day while browsing through the internet and after coming in for a couple of days, I joined and I've been here ever since. Just like you, I started posting and made friends. I've seen a lot of members come and go. Some were college students who graduated and went on to careers that keep them busy now. I know some of the women married and started families. I really miss a lot of the people who used to post. It's always a joy when they come back in to say hi. Hopefully we'll be here for many years to come.

• Like 3

Why isn't my name gold? I feel left out.

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You have to actively click on a button . . . . somewhere. I can't remember how I got to it now :hmm:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

After you're signed up you can scroll down the page. There are several options you can activate. The badge is one of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Check your welcome message - there's a link you can click to access the settings.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yup. I played Apex with both yourself and @Imaginarynumber1

Was fun.

Haha I thought that's who it might of been :P.

Could always play again if something worth wild comes out.

Though it may be hard for you with the little one.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

I like the look of my fancy new profile. :tsu:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I like the look of my fancy new profile. :tsu:

Thank you for subscribing ^_^

• Like 2

• The topic was pinned