Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The importance of nature in your life

LightAngel

When you love nature then you already know how wonderful bird songs can be. :P

So the results of this study aren't really a surprise - not to me anyway. 

Birdsongs is good for mental health:

"When you next hear cheerful twittering of birds, you should stop and listen. Researchers from the Max Planck Institute for Human Development and the Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf have shown that birdsong reduces anxiety and irrational thoughts. Their findings are published in the journal Scientific Reports."

https://www.mpg.de/19373671/1017-bild-pm-2022-october-149835-x?c=2249

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Something magical happened this morning.

I woke up early and I open the window to get some fresh air because I love the air in the fall.

The birds were singing so beautifully (I can't describe this perfectly with human words) - the singing was coming from the left and the right and from the sky and the ground at the same time.

I stood there closing my eyes so I could listen more intensely (at least for 15 minutes or more) - it was so wonderful.

This was magical because I have never heard the birds sing so beautifully in the fall before.

It was one of these moments of oneness - I felt everything is just the way it should be.

Edited by LightAngel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I took an unnplanned trip yesterday to check on my 5 acres in the mountains and I took tools so that while I was there I could start taking the fallen shed apart to haul down.   It was so nice to be where there was no wifi whine in my head.   Fresh air, and some exercise I really needed.   I took a hike around and enjoyed the silence and clean air.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 10/24/2022 at 5:27 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I took an unnplanned trip yesterday to check on my 5 acres in the mountains and I took tools so that while I was there I could start taking the fallen shed apart to haul down.   It was so nice to be where there was no wifi whine in my head.   Fresh air, and some exercise I really needed.   I took a hike around and enjoyed the silence and clean air.

The more we realize that we are also nature - the more our souls want to connect to the real world!

Fresh air and some exercise is the best - if you then add a lunchbox full of secrets then it's even better. 

I am glad you had a lovely day. ;)

• Like 3

I have always been fascinated by hummingbirds because they are so cute and small (people can sometimes mistake them for bees) after all, they are the smallest birds in the world. :)

Hummingbirds: Jewelled Messengers

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 9:58 PM, LightAngel said:

Something magical happened this morning.

I woke up early and I open the window to get some fresh air because I love the air in the fall.

The birds were singing so beautifully (I can't describe this perfectly with human words) - the singing was coming from the left and the right and from the sky and the ground at the same time.

I stood there closing my eyes so I could listen more intensely (at least for 15 minutes or more) - it was so wonderful.

This was magical because I have never heard the birds sing so beautifully in the fall before.

It was one of these moments of oneness - I felt everything is just the way it should be.

It sounds to me as if your beauty inspired in them birds a symphony they simply couldn't resist!

A good word to connect the quality of musical sound you heard is 'omniphonic'

Have a blessed day !

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, taniwha said:

It sounds to me as if your beauty inspired in them birds a symphony they simply couldn't resist!

A good word to connect the quality of musical sound you heard is 'omniphonic'

Have a blessed day !

Thank you, have a lovely day too. 

I have a question about the word 'omniphonic' because I don't know that word (English isn't my first language) - did you spell the word right?

Didn't you mean 'monophonic' or maybe 'homophonic'? or maybe you meant something else :lol:

I just need an explanation here. ;) 

Edited by LightAngel

I can't edit my post anymore.

When I replied it was very early in the morning, and I was still half asleep. :D

I get what you mean by the word, but I have never seen it put together like that before, but I like the word 'omniphonic' since omni means 'all'.

• Like 2

This is a song by @Skirnum and I absolutely love it! :wub:

As I Go Through The Fields

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really don't like politics - so I don't like it when Netflix adds political propaganda to their films, etc.

But they are excellent when it comes to their nature documentaries!

We saw this, and it is breathtaking - there are just so many wonderful moments in this series. :wub:

"Island of the Sea Wolves"

• Like 2

I’m currently on a 4-day hiking trip with two former coworkers in Sedona, Arizona, in the southwest American desert.

It rained most of the day today, so instead of hiking we drove through some of the popular scenic routes in Oak Creek Canyon and the  Red Rocks Loop.

Clouds, rain, and red rocks are the perfect palette for desert photography!

image.thumb.jpeg.9390dbf91f742653ba310dc5117dce0f.jpeg

• Like 8

12 hours ago, simplybill said:

@LightAngel

Have you seen the Netflix series ‘Moving Art’ by Louie Schwartzberg? It has some beautiful Nature videos from all over the world, with no narration.  I watched a few episodes last night.

https://movingart.com/

Nope, I didn't see it yet, but I definitely will. :)

• Like 1

First snow of the season this morning in my little section of west-central Iowa.
The hay bales are from the 6-acre hayfield on my property. My neighbor cuts and bales the hay for his cattle, and supplies me with steaks, roasts and hamburger patties in return.
image.jpeg.6d9a88566fe1cba32b3790609f8738f8.jpeg

• Like 5

@simplybill:

That sounds like a good deal!

I love your picture because I can't wait for the first snow. :wub:

GUo.gif

• Like 3

On 11/2/2022 at 5:12 AM, LightAngel said:

This is a song by @Skirnum and I absolutely love it! :wub:

Hello, there was some problems with listening to this song in some countrys. I had to correkt that issue. So it will be available again in about a week. :-)

As I Go Through The Fields

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Skirnum said:

Hello, there was some problems with listening to this song in some countrys. I had to correkt that issue. So it will be available again in about a week. :-

Good to know. :tu:

Animals never forget kindness. ;)

"Animals Reunited With Owners After Years!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is fantastic, but strong nerves are needed. :yes:

When the lion got surrounded I had to look away - yes, I am the sensitive type! :lol:

"ONE HOUR of Amazing Animal Moments"

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Our world is full of good people.

This is so precious - look how happy the cats look in their new home. :)

https://youtu.be/yiS1tKKstmw

• Confused 1

It's a shame that some people can't see the video.

It's a video about a man who builds a hi-tech house for the stray cats in his neighborhood. :P

• Like 2

image.thumb.jpeg.e615e0e86e8cb3c4a5ba8a50af50f279.jpeg

I post a photo of the “Tree Shadow on the Corn Crib” on Facebook every year during the month of December when the sunrise is far enough to the south to make this scene. I look forward to seeing it every year. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, simplybill said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e615e0e86e8cb3c4a5ba8a50af50f279.jpeg

I post a photo of the “Tree Shadow on the Corn Crib” on Facebook every year during the month of December when the sunrise is far enough to the south to make this scene. I look forward to seeing it every year. 

Cool pic.

• Thanks 2

image.jpeg.9582ce847744f07df221926c0cac9f0d.jpegIt’s cold out here on the Great Plains. -36F  (-38C) wind chill factor. The blowing snow and cold temperatures create ‘sun dogs’ at sunrise and sunset. 

• Like 4