Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The importance of nature in your life

LightAngel

On 2/5/2023 at 2:52 AM, Hammerclaw said:

There's no nice way to kill an animal and eat it.

I'd say you lack imagination in this case.

21 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

I'd say you lack imagination in this case.

And I'd say you lack empathy. I always apologize to any animal I kill and thank it for its meat. Of, course, a dead animal can hardly appreciate the gesture.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

And I'd say you lack empathy. I always apologize to any animal I kill and thank it for its meat. Of, course, a dead animal can hardly appreciate the gesture.

Well you have imagination it seems after all, in the least when it comes to projecting my emotions.

I grew up in a rural setting and my Godfather ran a meat processing plant and hunted each season to supply the freezers with meat in our home.

It's entirely possible to humanely and quickly end the life of any creature.  Figured you'd have picked that up, but your imagination seems to have clouded your perception.

You seem particularly rank and dark of late... hope it passes.

later

12 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Well you have imagination it seems after all, in the least when it comes to projecting my emotions.

I grew up in a rural setting and my Godfather ran a meat processing plant and hunted each season to supply the freezers with meat in our home.

It's entirely possible to humanely and quickly end the life of any creature.  Figured you'd have picked that up, but your imagination seems to have clouded your perception.

You seem particularly rank and dark of late... hope it passes.

later

There's no nice way to be killed if it's against your will and that goes for animals as well as humans. There's no way to pretty it up. I worked in a slaughterhouse and dealt with it daily. You lost empathy and I didn't under similar circumstances, except I saw it all through my own eyes, felt the blood on my own hands and heard the cries of terror from the holding pens, not vicariously through the senses of another. Darkness weaves in many shades and you have a darkness of your own.

• Like 3

On 4/22/2023 at 2:49 PM, Hammerclaw said:

005.jpg

Sometimes I can't see your pictures, but I can now see this picture, and it is beautiful.

Thank you for sharing this.

On 5/17/2023 at 8:31 PM, Sherapy said:

I agree, this is where I work. I am on 5 acres, in a Mediterranean castle with a panoramic ocean/city view of beauty that never gets old and is conducive to well being. A picture really doesn’t do this place justice, one has to experience it. 

51869208-7F05-4933-B60E-E3B7BFCEDB27.jpeg

What a wonderful place you work, I am very happy for you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My barrel cactus are blooming.   They bloom in spring.  The prickley pear and choya bloom late in the summer.   I will see if I can get a photo uploaded.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lovely, healthy and chunky snake from last weekend.

Enjoying the sun, but not liking the attention.

IMG_0258.thumb.jpeg.95cf3cf7fe8cb605b85aeb071a0e7942.jpeg

For non-Aussies, this is a snake that could kill you if you get bitten.

They’re not aggressive if you give them space, just give them a wide berth.

This one had flattened to appear bigger, however it  just stayed in place as we passed by.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

And our kid was happy to play with the thousands of crabs.

She didn’t get nipped, so has no fear for now.

We will get mum to hold them next time!

IMG_0519.jpeg

• Like 6

On 5/19/2023 at 4:33 AM, Hammerclaw said:

There's no nice way to be killed if it's against your will and that goes for animals as well as humans. There's no way to pretty it up. I worked in a slaughterhouse and dealt with it daily. You lost empathy and I didn't under similar circumstances, except I saw it all through my own eyes, felt the blood on my own hands and heard the cries of terror from the holding pens, not vicariously through the senses of another. Darkness weaves in many shades and you have a darkness of your own.

You're seemingly wilfully looking past what I've tried to convey, or you misconstrue what I was inferring.  *shrug*  C'est la vie mate.  You do you.

There are certainly humane ways of ending a life in my experience.  Though such methods do not induce nor can they incur notions of consent; yet they may be conveyed mercifully and pain free.  That you can't see that, or aren't willing to admit it is...

6 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

You're seemingly wilfully looking past what I've tried to convey, or you misconstrue what I was inferring.  *shrug*  C'est la vie mate.  You do you.

There are certainly humane ways of ending a life in my experience.  Though such methods do not induce nor can they incur notions of consent; yet they may be conveyed mercifully and pain free.  That you can't see that, or aren't willing to admit it is...

I'm sure the NAZIS felt quite the same as you when they were marching their captives into the gas chambers. There's nothing merciful about unwanted death, whether deserved or not. Your lack of empathy and understanding on that point reveals your own particular shade on darkness. Don't dig the hole any deeper.

Edited by Hammerclaw

Yikes mate.  You in a really dark place lately.  C'est la vie though.  You do you.

@quiXilver: The importance of nature in your life shines through. 

Care to elaborate on why nature is important to you?

Why does nature heal you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This documentary is definitely on my list of the best documentaries I have ever seen. :tu:

"A brook in the Serengeti is the home of a leopardess. The secret queen of the shadows took care of her son and has done a good job so far but the adventure continues. While he must make a dangerous journey into adulthood, the family grows larger. Two tiny females are born. If all goes well her daughters may one day inherit her realm to become in their turn the elusive queens of the gallery forests."

• Like 3

The Water Lilies are blooming in the lakes.

image.thumb.jpeg.98196c278d6c34d3269b5d7b27c15672.jpeg

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, simplybill said:

The Water Lilies are blooming in the lakes.

image.thumb.jpeg.98196c278d6c34d3269b5d7b27c15672.jpeg

How adorable. 

You know, sometimes when I really want to have a long walk in nature, but don't really have the time at that moment. Then I just look at beautiful pictures of nature for a few minutes, and then I get recharged with positive energy.

It's the same feeling you get when you have fun with people whom you have good chemistry with - and wonderful funny animals of course.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LightAngel said:

How adorable. 

You know, sometimes when I really want to have a long walk in nature, but don't really have the time at that moment. Then I just look at beautiful pictures of nature for a few minutes, and then I get recharged with positive energy.

It's the same feeling you get when you have fun with people whom you have good chemistry with - and wonderful funny animals of course.

I think it’s the kind of feeling you get when you know you’re in a good place.

Whether it’s nature, or with company.

You can wholly enjoy it without feeling like you have to make an effort to give anything back.

Even though you probably want to give back.

• Like 3

There are no flat spots on my property. I live near the Mississippi-Missouri Divide where the rainfall runs downhill to the Mississippi River to the east, and to the Missouri River to the west. Centuries of erosion have sculpted the landscape into rolling hills.

After mowing my lawn, I mow a path around the low, marshy parts of my hayfield so my neighbor’s tractor doesn’t sink into the wet ground when he cuts and bales the hay. With all the twists and turns, it’s about a mile-long path. Going for a walk through the hayfield at sunset is a nice way to end the day.

image.thumb.jpeg.d49d8c206868d4c0eee6a1d5daed9c00.jpeg

image.jpeg.5f21429cfcba09ecf2f5144cb8080a86.jpeg

image.jpeg.c362491e4ecf565ffba079e225c1c478.jpeg

• Like 6

Went for a nature walk alongside Blue Heron Lake this afternoon. I found a miniature ecosystem in the ecosystem, and a patch of Purple Crown Vetch. Nature is full of surprises.

image.thumb.jpeg.c5771054137dd4d793c91d30507825ac.jpeg

image.jpeg.8a71c99b5e21beb30842d92af19d2633.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, simplybill said:

Went for a nature walk alongside Blue Heron Lake this afternoon. I found a miniature ecosystem in the ecosystem, and a patch of Purple Crown Vetch. Nature is full of surprises.

image.thumb.jpeg.c5771054137dd4d793c91d30507825ac.jpeg

image.jpeg.8a71c99b5e21beb30842d92af19d2633.jpeg

Nature is art. ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite photo of the day: baby ground squirrels exploring the world outside their den.

image.jpeg.a7fb6d766b842f403f2997465e7d6dc6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, simplybill said:

My favorite photo of the day: baby ground squirrels exploring the world outside their den.

image.jpeg.a7fb6d766b842f403f2997465e7d6dc6.jpeg

Cuteness overload......again! :D

We got another squirrel in our garden - I love to study them from a distance. ;)

• Like 2

A very young groundhog, just after moving out of his Mom’s basement, and now looking for the perfect location in my yard to dig a burrow of his own.  :(

image.jpeg.8ea27931fdfd0c34f2b9c2009fe80287.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

This gave me a smile on my face, so I had to share.

We all know that dog is god spelled backward - and now it makes perfect sense why. :D

Nature's supercomputer lives on your dog

• Like 3