Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The importance of nature in your life

LightAngel

41 minutes ago, Sojo said:

Now that's dedication (for both parties involved)!

Don’t think there was any danger from  the snakes they were too preoccupied….I do wonder where the ball went and if there was a little smile on the hidden female snakes face 🐍

On 10/30/2021 at 7:19 PM, LightAngel said:

I never feel I waste my time when I spend my time in nature, and natural nature will always win over technological nature, in my opinion.

Looking at nature documentaries isn't bad either, and there are some beautiful free documentaries. 

I just enjoyed this:

"Wild Journey - Chile: Country of Contrasts"

If you spend time in nature and feel safe, then it's the perfect antidote against stress, etc.

So, share your thoughts about how you feel about spending time in nature and what it does to you psychologically.

4jL0.gif

If you have some exciting/scary stories to tell, then please do (maybe you met a lion once) :w00t:

Or maybe you have a sweet story to share about how you saved an animal from starvation.

The point of this topic is to share the importance of nature in your life. :cat:

I had the view the other day that there's something that precedes God.  Mother Nature.  God arrived on the scene it is said.  Too it is said do not believe anything you hear and only fifty percent of what you see.  Anyways.  Not going to make this too long.  Just the thinking I arrived at that mother nature comes before God.  Of course God goes "Oh really?"  And then does whatever his Godness sees fit to do.  Before God was around does that even make any sense?  Anyways.  God is like a black hole in the alure to talk about once one starts and this is about nature.  The importance of nature.  Mostly fun smashing sticks to pieces on trees.  Never found it particularly relaxing.  Refreshing, all the good things I don't understand.  Hot humid uncomfortable cold turbulent average an unnoticeable.  I find it to be a forced like on the inside that I enjoy nature.  There are some number of themes explored by something or rather the exact gist or whatever I forget and they are the Dragon of Chaos, Mother Nature, the Archetypal Hero, the Wise King, the Tyrannical Father and the Devouring Queen.  I felt like nature was from where the Dragon of Chaos comes from.  These themes tell complete stories as it was or is still had by the idk psychological analysis of stories in film or whatever.  Word of mouth.  It talks about their "completeness" how "whole" they are.  Telling the tragedy with the revelations or whatever.  So the thinking goes, to get you back on track if you feel a bit lost as to where I'm going with this, that mother nature is where the dragon of chaos comes from.  Mother Nature being Chaos, and the dragon being from chaos.  Even though it might read the Chaos Dragon or Dragon Chaos idk.  Prob massive overthinking but I get stuck in these thought trains quite a lot when like 40 cups of coffee deep sometimes.

• Confused 1

image.jpeg.8ed8290882f4204065170bfd67da0522.jpeg

Papa and the twins. 
They live in a large fenced-in paddock in western Iowa. They’re very tame and very curious about people. I had fun feeding them maple leaves. 

• Like 5

This Camelia Bush has seen better days and is looking kind of sickly, but it's still able to put out some blooms each year:

Sounds kind of like me!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sojo said:

This Camelia Bush has seen better days and is looking kind of sickly, but it's still able to put out some blooms each year:

Sounds kind of like me!

Nice to have that in your yard. Very pretty!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We’re having a very mild winter here in the US Midwest. Barely an inch of snow so far. The last few days been cold and foggy, which decorates everything in frost. 

image.jpeg.b7d84d0bd09a64fd4de357bbd629fe25.jpeg

• Like 4

The Hibiscus plant seems to be enjoying the cool weather we've been having lately. Several blooms are in the making:

Hibiscus Winter Bloom.jpg

• Like 4

Our ‘mild winter’ came to an abrupt end here in the Midwest. My driveway is on the right side of the photo. It’s funny how Nature can be so beautiful and so brutal at the same time!

image.thumb.jpeg.083425bb9a7c7ec3a7a0ad5fab358c28.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lookin' out my front door. Sometimes there's such a thing as a little too much nature.

May be an image of hummingbird

• Like 3

No photo description available.

• Like 4

image.thumb.jpeg.fe8a917b46f91abbb2ad4d1f7579ce69.jpeg

• Like 7

Our daughter-in-law went into the hospital this morning to have labor induced to birth a new grand-daughter for us to enjoy. I took a walk down to the marsh creek and saw this stork. I told him he was supposed to be delivering a baby to us today, and on receiving the information, he duly headed off to perform his duty.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Sojo said:

Our daughter-in-law went into the hospital this morning to have labor induced to birth a new grand-daughter for us to enjoy. I took a walk down to the marsh creek and saw this stork. I told him he was supposed to be delivering a baby to us today, and on receiving the information, he duly headed off to perform his duty.

Update: Stork brought us a new baby girl!  Emilia is her name! That makes 7 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild!

• Like 8

On 1/20/2024 at 7:07 AM, Sojo said:

Update: Stork brought us a new baby girl!  Emilia is her name! That makes 7 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild!

Congratulations @Sojo !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love this! 😊

The Power Of A Lions Roar 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, LightAngel said:

I love this! 😊

The Power Of A Lions Roar 

That was completely awesome!  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I first saw these green-eyed-looking-things I thought I'd discovered some new kind of  green bugaboo creature. But after further consideration, it's probably just a tiny green sprout of some seed:

IMG_20240130_125535536.jpg

IMG_20240130_125517369.jpg

IMG_20240130_125456042.jpg

IMG_20240130_125439740.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I was in Arizona last week. It was nice to spend a few days in the desert after the recent snowstorm in Iowa (I was snowed in for 8 days).
I hiked Picacho Peak, which turned out to be a bit more strenuous than I expected. It’s only 2.6 miles to the top (4.8 km.), but it took me 2 hours and 45 minutes to get there. I loved every minute of it.

image.thumb.jpeg.689f7e07b3ed59fb1534b6590ee45070.jpeg

image.jpeg.4e79ba7583b0c3c6e6f2eb7187dc3108.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

No photo description available.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2024 at 12:04 PM, simplybill said:

I was in Arizona last week. It was nice to spend a few days in the desert after the recent snowstorm in Iowa (I was snowed in for 8 days).
I hiked Picacho Peak, which turned out to be a bit more strenuous than I expected. It’s only 2.6 miles to the top (4.8 km.), but it took me 2 hours and 45 minutes to get there. I loved every minute of it.

image.thumb.jpeg.689f7e07b3ed59fb1534b6590ee45070.jpeg

image.jpeg.4e79ba7583b0c3c6e6f2eb7187dc3108.jpeg

Knowing how pictures taken from altitude NEVER accurately show just how high you really are, these are absolutely great pics!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lightly said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7a3f632415bcb2b5b517a666004570b4.jpeg

What are those bushes in the back ground, the ones that look like a cross between a cactus and a bush reaching towards the sky with their branches?  I would love to have one or two of those in my yard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

What are those bushes in the back ground, the ones that look like a cross between a cactus and a bush reaching towards the sky with their branches?  I would love to have one or two of those in my yard.

ocotillo       We,re camped ten miles from a town named after them:)  https://www.desertsun.com/story/desert-magazine/2019/03/12/these-flowers-have-very-own-super-bloom-lined-up-california-desert/3144657002/

I dunno if they could live there…they’re low desert heat lovers, (below 3000 ft.).  they can live through an occasional dip below freezing but. . . . . .    Ya they’re pretty aren’t they?   ..more so when green and flowering.

Edited by lightly
  • Thanks 1