Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The importance of nature in your life

LightAngel

18 hours ago, lightly said:

ocotillo       We,re camped ten miles from a town named after them:)  https://www.desertsun.com/story/desert-magazine/2019/03/12/these-flowers-have-very-own-super-bloom-lined-up-california-desert/3144657002/

I dunno if they could live there…they’re low desert heat lovers, (below 3000 ft.).  they can live through an occasional dip below freezing but. . . . . .    Ya they’re pretty aren’t they?   ..more so when green and flowering.

I think they do ok here.   I have seen them around town.  I just didn't know what they were called.   I have a cactus garden in the front and want something tall like that in the back next to the garage.  My choya used to be 7 ft tall but it had to get trimmed so I could take the front fence down.   That one is now about 6 ft tall again, and the little one is almost 6 ft tall, they are now my fence, because there is no city ordinance stating how tall plants can get but we are now only allowed 3 ft high fences next to the sidewalk and right of way.

• Thanks 1

100_0246-1709089598102.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

My great-grandparents were among the first non-native settlers in southern British Columbia in the 1800s. I went there in August of 2017 to do some family research and go sightseeing. It’s a beautiful place. In fact, it was so beautiful I was tempted to buy some property and move there. 
I spent an afternoon hiking on Baldy Mountain. The mountains in the distance were shrouded in smoke from the wildfires burning further west. My iPhone 6 wasn’t really up to the task of capturing the true beauty of the scene, but it’s one of my favorite photos.

@Chaldon

image.thumb.jpeg.2a444552dc2f5fe0180a475a17edf4b3.jpeg

Edited by Saru
Edited by request
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

Some random pictures from the recent years of the place where I was born and still live today (Central Siberia).

P.S.: sorry for the poor quality, that 1M limit is just stupid. I can re-upload any image in better quality in a separate post.

P3180015.webp

P6020026.webp

P8150112.webp

P8220060.webp

P9170052.webp

P9250049.webp

P8020409.webp

P9290020.webp

PB240063.webp

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Early April in the woods.

P4030312-1.webp

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Midsummer on the hills about 2 km from my home.

P7280012.webp

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chaldon said:

P7280012.webp

Nice photos, Chaldon! That looks like a beautiful place to live.

• Like 3

The view from my front porch this morning. It almost looks like that jet is going to intercept that tiny puff of cloud above it. Or is it a Chinese spy balloon spying on me? Hmm… 😳

image.thumb.jpeg.928d00dc5fa39271c59eb9c12aeb149b.jpeg

• Like 5

On 3/1/2024 at 3:21 PM, Chaldon said:

P7280012.webp

Love your pics, I would have loved to traipse around the kind of country you grew up in. This pic in particular seems exactly like a field I was walking through at the age of about 11 or 12 years old while I was out hunting one summer afternoon. It brings back a strange feeling I had while there. It was a completely isolated area in the countryside and I was a mile or so from my grandparents rural home. It was such a  strong wonderful feeling, that I stopped near a shady tree and then....(I can't believe I'm admitting to this)....proceeded to remove all my clothes. I then romped and ran around in the field completely naked for a little while and then lay down on my back. After laying there for a bit, I then simply got up, went and put on my clothes and proceeded on my way. To this day I'm not sure what made me experience that feeling or why I just wanted to strip down and enjoy it for a bit, but your pic brought it back to me, so thanks for that.

(I'd normally be really embarrassed to reveal this, but I turn 70 this month so what the heck who gives a bug's butt. For some reason it doesn't really bother me now to tell it.)

• Like 6

On 3/2/2024 at 6:39 AM, simplybill said:

Nice photos, Chaldon! That looks like a beautiful place to live.

Yeah, if not for the ticks spreading encephalitis. Although the danger is somewhat overblown by the vaccine- and insurance-sellers, the Krasnoyarsk area is famous as the ground zero of these pests. That's why we can have almost no hiking in the forests from May to mid-July. "Almost" means using anti-tick repellents even when walking the trails cleared of vegetation.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sojo said:

Love your pics, I would have loved to traipse around the kind of country you grew up in. This pic in particular seems exactly like a field I was walking through at the age of about 11 or 12 years old while I was out hunting one summer afternoon. It brings back a strange feeling I had while there. It was a completely isolated area in the countryside and I was a mile or so from my grandparents rural home. It was such a  strong wonderful feeling, that I stopped near a shady tree and then....(I can't believe I'm admitting to this)....proceeded to remove all my clothes. I then romped and ran around in the field completely naked for a little while and then lay down on my back. After laying there for a bit, I then simply got up, went and put on my clothes and proceeded on my way. To this day I'm not sure what made me experience that feeling or why I just wanted to strip down and enjoy it for a bit, but your pic brought it back to me, so thanks for that.

(I'd normally be really embarrassed to reveal this, but I turn 70 this month so what the heck who gives a bug's butt. For some reason it doesn't really bother me now to tell it.)

There is a wild man inside all of us. When you are young he is the most alive.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, simplybill said:

The view from my front porch this morning. It almost looks like that jet is going to intercept that tiny puff of cloud above it. Or is it a Chinese spy balloon spying on me? Hmm… 😳

image.thumb.jpeg.928d00dc5fa39271c59eb9c12aeb149b.jpeg

That's beautiful. And that field, fence and hill reminded me of the Peter Santenello's videos about the deep Appalachia.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 1

I grabbed these pics of a vulture flying overhead.

It amazes me how from a distance they look so majestic and graceful, but up close they aren't much to be desired. (Probably words that have been spoken by many a female human.)

Vulture 1.jpg

Vulture 2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Here's a view of some Marsh Lilly Grass near the waterfront. Thought I'd start it from the bug's view:

• Like 6

image.thumb.jpeg.c96657a3ef1fef5250d344323f5fb8ea.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This large oak tree behind our garage is pushing out the old leaves and the new ones are springing out:

Big Oak Tree.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Daffodils glowing in the morning sunlight in central Ohio, USA.

image.thumb.jpeg.1e00f3a467644dcfe0ce00ca1bc1c424.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Daffodils glowing in the morning sunlight in central Ohio, USA.

image.thumb.jpeg.1e00f3a467644dcfe0ce00ca1bc1c424.jpeg

Soooo beautiful. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LightAngel said:

Soooo beautiful. 😊

It’s good to have you back, @LightAngel
It hasn’t been the same here without you!

• Thanks 1

Some music is timeless. 

For me, this beautiful song is about the general life of everything.

The song is perfect for this topic. 😌

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just happened to catch the aftermath of a ‘prescribed burn’ (AKA ‘controlled burn’) when I went for a walk at Lake Anita State Park this afternoon. The burnt grass and the smoke wafting through the trees gave the park a different look. It was an amateur photographer’s dream.

image.jpeg.d3773600d62ec82221997ef78197b396.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dab46692be2c93a558d4e489b753e68c.jpeg

image.jpeg.48f0b164a309bb0356439e24ba65cf30.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6d3aa353a46fdbc05891e27f9eb60e7f.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The blooming of cherry blossom trees is magical beautiful. 🥰

In Japan it is a symbol of human life - known as Sakura.

400 year old cherry blossom trees at Kuonji:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, LightAngel said:

The blooming of cherry blossom trees is magical beautiful. 🥰

In Japan it is a symbol of human life - known as Sakura.

400 year old cherry blossom trees at Kuonji:

Wow! That was beautiful. I want to go!  🏃‍♂️

• Haha 1

Woke up early for an early morning walk.
A couple of days ago, my sister texted me this song, and I listened to it for the first time as I walked. I played it about five times in a row. Almost put me into a music-induced trance! It’s a very peaceful spiritual/religious song. 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=sFOo5TVmSz622LtR&v=ZSxxvjcDxAI&feature=youtu.be

image.jpeg.fc03421dfefc4b137413f41c8d35fb9b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d079015e560ec29edf236b278536ec5c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.725510b70bc9dd0b6295ece0764a9fbf.jpeg

• Like 6