Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The importance of nature in your life

LightAngel

On 12/9/2021 at 3:59 PM, simplybill said:

A cold, frosty winter morning. This is the Silver Maple tree that casts its shadow on the corn crib in December.

image.thumb.jpeg.064aed4ae8d774e5003e5fbfa4873f56.jpeg

Gorgeous picture!

It's early in the morning here and our garden is now full of snow, I love it. :P

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

Gorgeous picture!

It's early in the morning here and our garden is now full of snow, I love it. :P

Thank you, LightAngel.

are you going to post a photo of your garden?

One of my favorite winter photos. I wonder what it was that drew this sparrow’s attention away from the birdseed I had scattered on the snow.

image.jpeg.76b2b43ca2619dcf2b1e120e8001736c.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, simplybill said:

One of my favorite winter photos. I wonder what it was that drew this sparrow’s attention away from the birdseed I had scattered on the snow.

Great photo,  thank you for sharing. Perhaps the bird stopped and posed for a selfie moment,:P

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Great photo,  thank you for sharing. Perhaps the bird stopped and posed for a selfie moment,:P

Thank you, Sherapy…and yes, that sparrow has apparently been to modeling school! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, simplybill said:

Thank you, LightAngel.

are you going to post a photo of your garden?

I hardly post private pictures online - it's not that I never post a picture from my home, etc, but it doesn't happen very often because I am a private person, and I want to stay that way.

Besides the snow is already melting again. I hope it will come back again soon because I think it's very peaceful to look at. At least here in our garden and our neighborhood - in the city, it often looks dirty because of all the traffic.

Did you know that snow absorbs sounds? 

When there is fresh snow then it absorbs many sound waves, that's why it seems quieter when there is snow - I think that's wonderful. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2021 at 10:37 AM, simplybill said:

Danger will robinson danger, birds of a feather flock together. Get to your safety net, skill set, other half soulmate.... those that KNOW you and want to help you learn/grow/and keep you safe until you feel you are ready to be on your own. 

17 hours ago, Timothy said:

How about a sunny cloud? :-)

799448B5-3DCD-472F-A579-EA748A474C6F.jpeg

Looks like smokers lung to me

• Haha 2

One of my most favourite getaway spots is Algonquin Park. It's about 3,000 square miles of forests, lakes and rivers. Great for hiking or canoeing in the summer, or cross country skiing in the winter. If you're lucky you'll get see see white tailed deer. Other animals in the park include moose, wolves, black bears, hundreds of different bird species (including loons), and a host of other animals and reptiles.

I've seen moose and bears (thankfully from a safe distance). The only animal ever to attack was a squirrel who threw rocks at us.

My favourite time to go is in the fall, although I really enjoy cross-country skiing there in the winter.

Rssalt3.jpg?1

Here's one of the many amazing lookouts at the park.

7C0Vj4D.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Right through that window crack... it had great aim. Hit ye ole noggin, lucky i had on my hat

• Haha 1

A smoky sunset during the California wildfires, taken while on a walk around the Springfield Bog in Ohio. There’s really nothing too special about this photo, other than it being a simple moment in time that caught my eye.

image.jpeg.2a1bd6b224d146223a6a6c6e9a3aaa3c.jpeg

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

A marshy area on my acreage. It’s a favorite meeting place for bullfrogs, and a favorite hunting spot for Great Blue Herons.

image.jpeg.8b0d8fc64933404ac528dd12437f603f.jpeg

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 12/17/2021 at 11:33 PM, simplybill said:

image.jpeg.b63cb4aa666d4a1904da3476ca1201ca.jpegTwo pairs of Cardinals stayed all winter last year. They really stand out against the snow.

I will call this picture "A picture of hope".

I feel pure joy when I look at this picture - I truly cherish these natural wonders of nature.

You can just feel how everything is connected. :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas, everyone!

This photo is from last winter. We’re having a very mild winter this year in western Iowa, with only a few snow flurries now and then. 
I enjoy watching the squirrels tunnel into the snow to search for the corn kernels and sunflower seeds that I toss out on the lawn. They’re very industrious little animals. 

image.jpeg.548e36b20f33dfe9200de62c990b2385.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2