Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The importance of nature in your life


LightAngel

Recommended Posts

The National Forest Service and the National Park Service do an amazing job keeping the trails maintained with volunteers and Park Rangers. 
 

image.thumb.jpeg.a59f3555eaeca7b07ae225ee927c29c0.jpeg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was hiking the Bell Rock Trail at just the right time to catch the morning sunlight reflecting off the red rock formations.

image.jpeg.b7c33a113703727eb507f84879346a40.jpeg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like the clouds were reaching out to touch Bell Rock.

All of these photos were taken with my iPhone 6s. 
 

image.thumb.jpeg.956311a9cff5c53be01dc8001da80b06.jpeg

 

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

before i got sturkc down with the covid for a few weeks, the Wooda and I were able to make it down to the Marina portion of Dillon State Park. Some great trails loaded with cool trees in this portion of the park. 

1914586792_DillonDam.jpg.c41f6582116432e0f2b0b8e8d3b4049a.jpg  Marina.jpg.709abc39977ff9f35da691edd743c3d1.jpg  486934741_CoolTree.jpg.71e4060de2090443f33bef7df5d51ba5.jpg  

1829484427_DistantPines.jpg.0429d73cc2187a138f50af9e66edc15a.jpg  JumbledMess.jpg.45d10eda9a77edc0a46e7374c3032629.jpg  335309390_Lichenbranch.jpg.12f7a1facc55325e462cb74e0f52fd52.jpg

1515530572_AcrosstheRavine.jpg.be9f5644af53e6768d7905029b5d1816.jpg  Fungusravine.jpg.f4334f26e71cffe5201ec2e9d04b1008.jpg  1837707852_MountainBikeRavine.jpg.f9ba649cc7bcb0643de4c010c0576d8c.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Road Trip  -  Day 6
Woke up early, had the complimentary hot breakfast in the hotel lobby, and went for a 2-mile walk in the Sonoran desert in the Phoenix area.

image.thumb.jpeg.7efd269cb320730a63559726396c1892.jpeg

 


 

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

An overnight rain in the Sonoran Desert left enough moisture for the mesquite bushes and the desert grass to turn a darker shade of green. 


image.thumb.jpeg.5259f754864f40a2cdb511b84be19a59.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Close-up of the spines on a Saguaro cactus. You definitely want to avoid contact with those spines!

From Wikipedia:

The spines may cause significant injury to animals; one paper reported that a bighorn sheep skull had been penetrated by a saguaro spine after the sheep collided with a saguaro.[21] They can also cause severe injury to humans, being as sharp and nearly as strong as steel needles.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saguaro

image.thumb.jpeg.a07c69034bea5b502884472c03e715e0.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.thumb.jpeg.216387fdfe7bb9cf3bb0ed8254934037.jpeg

Road Trip, Day 7
Early morning sunlight in the Sonoran Desert. 
Only 45 degrees (7.2c) this morning, but I was still comfortable walking in my shorts, tee-shirt and hoodie sweatshirt, thanks to my Iowa winter weather acclimation. 

A part of this walking trail is paved now, making it more accessible to baby strollers and wheelchairs. Later in the day, there’ll be elderly people and families with small children out enjoying the 70 degree temps and the bright Arizona sunshine.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2021 at 2:49 PM, Isabella said:

I never feel I waste my time when I spend my time in nature, and natural nature will always win over technological nature, in my opinion.

Looking at nature documentaries isn't bad either, and there are some beautiful free documentaries. 

I just enjoyed this:

 

"Wild Journey - Chile: Country of Contrasts"

 

 

If you spend time in nature and feel safe, then it's the perfect antidote against stress, etc.

So, share your thoughts about how you feel about spending time in nature and what it does to you psychologically.

 

4jL0.gif

 

If you have some exciting/scary stories to tell, then please do (maybe you met a lion once) :w00t:

Or maybe you have a sweet story to share about how you saved an animal from starvation.

 

The point of this topic is to share the importance of nature in your life. :cat:

 

 

When you represent the Nature and importance in finding it in ourself.  You represent a single cool your favourite scenic nature.  But we have different seasons.  Most important is to understand its change of behavior. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, =Jak= said:

When you represent the Nature and importance in finding it in ourself.  You represent a single cool your favourite scenic nature.  But we have different seasons.  Most important is to understand its change of behavior. 

 

Indeed! (I get your point).

But I won't elaborate on that point - because sometimes it isn't the right time.

You have to wait for the right time.....

So patience is needed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2022 at 4:01 AM, simplybill said:

It looks like the clouds were reaching out to touch Bell Rock.

All of these photos were taken with my iPhone 6s. 
 

image.thumb.jpeg.956311a9cff5c53be01dc8001da80b06.jpeg

 

 

This reminds me of a beautiful moment I had with my Father when I was a child.

We were looking at the clouds, and then he said to me if you look at them long enough then you will start to see how they can resemble an image.

What he was talking about is called pareidolia.

He inspired my imagination that day. :P

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One more thing.

The best things in life are free, it may sound like a cliché, but I think it's true.

All of my best childhood memories came from doing free things - like going to the forest - or collecting stones from the beach, etc.

So you don't need to be rich to make your children happy - you just need to be there for them and listen to them so they feel loved and respected!

There is nothing wrong with material things, but they can never replace conversation and the experiences you create together with your loved ones - and the beautiful memories.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2022 at 7:40 AM, Isabella said:

One more thing.

The best things in life are free, it may sound like a cliché, but I think it's true.

All of my best childhood memories came from doing free things - like going to the forest - or collecting stones from the beach, etc.

So you don't need to be rich to make your children happy - you just need to be there for them and listen to them so they feel loved and respected!

There is nothing wrong with material things, but they can never replace conversation and the experiences you create together with your loved ones - and the beautiful memories.

 

I'm sure you live in a nice house/ apartment- whatever... That's not free. One has to pay for that.

If you didn't have comforts like this that (in the western world) we all take for granted; the last thing on your mind would be going to the forest - or collecting stones from the beach, etc.==== you need to eat otherwise you're dead...

Over 90% of the worlds population live in s--t, never forget that!

Well, that was nice, wasn't it... have fun;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

I'm sure you live in a nice house/ apartment- whatever... That's not free. One has to pay for that.

If you didn't have comforts like this that (in the western world) we all take for granted; the last thing on your mind would be going to the forest - or collecting stones from the beach, etc.==== you need to eat otherwise you're dead...

Over 90% of the worlds population live in s--t, never forget that!

Well, that was nice, wasn't it... have fun;)

Even the poorest of the poor find beauty in the sunrise and the sunset, or the songs and beauty of colorful birds, or a thousand other ways that Nature decorates the world around us. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, simplybill said:

Even the poorest of the poor find beauty in the sunrise and the sunset, or the songs and beauty of colorful birds, or a thousand other ways that Nature decorates the world around us. 

yeah, this is true= good point

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beautiful ~30 minute video to watch.

The incredible story of how degraded gorse-infested farmland has been regenerated back into beautiful New Zealand native forest over the course of 30 years.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2022 at 2:38 AM, simplybill said:

The light winds sculpted the clouds into some unusual shapes.

image.jpeg.d1ac3f8d9656e623ca7be4b4a142450a.jpeg

 

Nature is GODs handywork.

And therefore of vital importance if one wishes to connect, with THAT.

As is all beauty.

Art, music, paintings and sculpture..

Even cities back in the day had to be beautiful, to attract folk and make them give up natural beauty.

Sadly, most art and culture today is ugly, and therefore cuts one off from THAT.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2022 at 5:00 AM, Isabella said:

 

This reminds me of a beautiful moment I had with my Father when I was a child.

We were looking at the clouds, and then he said to me if you look at them long enough then you will start to see how they can resemble an image.

What he was talking about is called pareidolia.

He inspired my imagination that day. :P

 

This is something I do all the time..

Its amazing how much meaning one may find, even as the clouds transform and reborn into another shape, although the storyline continues uninterrupted.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2021 at 8:19 PM, Isabella said:

I never feel I waste my time when I spend my time in nature, and natural nature will always win over technological nature, in my opinion.

 

The point of this topic is to share the importance of nature in your life. :cat:

 

 

Have always felt a connection to the land and the feeling of being just one small part of a much larger nature. I spend a lot of time in remote areas. Mrs. Horta (who generally enjoys 4-5 star comfort lol) has accompanied me on many journeys and is surprised at how much she enjoys it and how well it makes her feel (mentally as well as physically).

Lying under a desert sky with no other humans within hundreds of miles, or sitting in a rainforest at dusk observing and listening to all the exotic calls, or exploring a tropical reef. Nothing like spending time in nature. Though it's not always uplifting when you observe ecosystems and the critters that inhabit them, nature can also be cruel.

A shame that it is disappearing at quite a rate these days and we aren't leaving much for future generations.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

 

Sadly, most art and culture today is ugly, and therefore cuts one off from THAT.

Not to mention architecture. Jesus we build some ugly monstrosities these days. Aesthetics runs a distant second place to the bottom line. Seems reflected in our culture in general, very little thought given to beauty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.