Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The importance of nature in your life

LightAngel

@Timothy: 'The Moon's a balloon!' as David Niven once said :lol:.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

image.jpeg.9cd3581ada61a8c9cd0f0f65456b1ff6.jpeg

Alongside State Hwy. 191 near Moab, Utah, USA. Today was a picture-perfect day.

• Like 8

image.jpeg.18ce1a032184a53a21e2a0eb0ed1fde6.jpeg

The clouds, the mountains and the snow were just magnificent. Utah never disappoints.…

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 6

image.jpeg.60f0876c3cddd19262a02ad79e3cb2a4.jpegLast one from today. I was on the road for 13 hours, but probably spent half that time taking photos and just appreciating the beauty of the Southwest desert.

• Like 6

image.jpeg.9497ced98f2cdbd071359b94af3336ab.jpegWhen you’re up early and you have the highway all to yourself, you can stand in the middle of the road to take photos.

Caution: Don’t try this at home. 

• Like 6

Very good vibes in this video! :lol:

"Wild Crow Has Coffee With His Rescuer Every Day"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mother Love. :wub:

"Lion Mother Keeps Cubs Safe From Predator"

• Like 3

Dead Horse Point state park in Utah, USA. I was here 40 years ago (or thereabouts). It seems even more beautiful today. (Or maybe I have a better camera now).

image.thumb.jpeg.282165aaed4e09413212f9d77acc4e98.jpeg

• Like 7

On 3/7/2022 at 9:03 AM, Crazy Horse said:

Perhaps those seeking fame and fortune are actually seeking the love and attention they feel they lack?

And yet it is a false admiration based on a false persona most of the time, and as you say, ends up with less freedom, and more hanger-ons and worries..

Children need unconditional love and attention to grow up and become mentally stable.

Boundaries are also important - children have to learn that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Of course, there are no guarantees - your child can still become an attention-seeking creature as a grown-up - but a balanced environment will reduce damage. :yes:

My point is this - even if you are the best parent in the world then the system can still damage your child because the system has a lot of flaws and can easily damage your child's individuality.

However, and now I will express something that some people won't understand - I believe we are energies (you can also call it souls) and a very aware soul won't allow lies to suppress them.

I expressed this as easily as I could. :lol:;)

• Like 1

Animals are smarter than many humans understand! :)

"A wolf pack blocked the train, the driver was shocked when he found out the reason"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrQIXTIRlnw&ab_channel=REALFACTS

• Like 1

22 hours ago, simplybill said:

Dead Horse Point state park in Utah, USA. I was here 40 years ago (or thereabouts). It seems even more beautiful today. (Or maybe I have a better camera now).

Wow - this is really amazing, it almost looks unreal! ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Isabella said:

Wow - this is really amazing, it almost looks unreal! ;)

The Southwest desert really is amazing, and Highway 191 through the Navajo Nation Reservation in Arizona and Utah is especially spectacular. I always drive very slowly and make frequent stops because I don’t want the journey to end!
My favorite time of day for hiking or driving is in the early morning, right before sunrise. I had the road all to myself for miles. 
image.jpeg.80a39372a1d075370dc63f1fe0810438.jpeg

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 4

May be a cartoon of text that says 'Don't cry over the past, it's gone. Don't stress about the future, it hasn't arrived. Live in the present and make it beautiful. You are VERY Special'

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2021 at 10:23 AM, simplybill said:

@Timothy

I just discovered this website for re-sizing photos. The ‘800’ setting works perfectly for UM posts.

http://www.resize-photos.com/

Hey it works. First time I've been able to upload pictures from  my computer  First one is abseiling at a school camp.  Second one is an old one of a family of emus  crossing the road in a coastal national park .

camp_006__1648984712_99837.thumb.jpg.9fa5132b5616b0bbbe3e6718d561356a.jpg

Pauls_selection_061__1648984190_43173.jpg.10f279399d793517e9ca410b011722d9.jpg

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Hey it works. First time I've been able to upload pictures from  my computer 

It’s a nice addition to UM. I really enjoy seeing photos from UM members around the world.

The emu photo is interesting to me because we don’t have flightless birds here in the US. I imagine they can be a road hazard at night!

On my recent road trip through the desert in Arizona and Utah, I had to keep my eyes on the side of the road to watch for wild horses and burros, and open-range cattle. I passed two longhorn cows right next to the road, but I didn’t stop for a photo. Those long horns are very intimidating! Lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, simplybill said:

It’s a nice addition to UM. I really enjoy seeing photos from UM members around the world.

The emu photo is interesting to me because we don’t have flightless birds here in the US. I imagine they can be a road hazard at night!

On my recent road trip through the desert in Arizona and Utah, I had to keep my eyes on the side of the road to watch for wild horses and burros, and open-range cattle. I passed two longhorn cows right next to the road, but I didn’t stop for a photo. Those long horns are very intimidating! Lol

While the y are light framed they can do some damage 

I was driving in the middle of the day with dense bush on the side of the highway.

An emu ran out right in front of me, at full speed from  the bush  and I hit it  Several thousand dollars worth of damage to the body work, but most was covered by insurance 

I moved it to the side of the road. That afternoon I heard that another driver had hit 3 of them in the same spot.

I think I killed the male, and a number of younger ones were hanging around and were hit. There are hundreds if not thousands of them in our area, and, along with kangaroos are often hit

Kangaroos are more common at night, emus in the day,  but both can be spotted at anytime .  

Its unusual,  but not rare, to see animals on the road  Apart from many native animals, I've seen deer, horses, cattle, alpacas, sheep, goats,   and lots of  foxes, dogs, and cats. 

ps there ia township near here called Coffin Bay which is renown for emus just wandering through the streets and lying on the verges 

It also has some Kangaroos which swim across a wide stretch of water, rather than go 20 miles or so around 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1824077727622192

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Mr Walker

Thanks for the video. Those emus are huge! 
Here in Iowa, it’s mostly deer that damage cars. If the first deer runs across the road ahead of you, the others play follow-the-leader and then one gets hit.

I’m fortunate not to have hit one. Or at least not a living one. Sometimes it’s hard to miss them if they’re lying in the middle of the road after being hit by another car.

I am truly am grateful for living and enjoying the splendor and magnificence of the Pacific Ocean. These are photos of Palos Verdes Peninsula, in California one of many places I frequent and treasure. 

It is magical to walk the beach and starfish wash ashore, it never gets old. My ocean Zen garden.  

For me, being surrounded by such grandeur of nature inspires me to walk in mindfulness and gratitude. 

F9BBD82A-EA47-4313-AC7C-D3FB99B74682.jpeg

2AED499D-FCA5-4B06-B6CD-F514C37F1F46.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2022 at 9:28 PM, simplybill said:

That tree is darn close to being in the shape of a heart. 

• Like 1