Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Near-death survivors share their experiences

Eldorado

The doors of the train slammed shut, trapping David Ditchfield’s jacket between them. There was a moment of frustration as he tugged desperately at the material. Then, as the train began to move from the platform at Huntingdon station, forcing him to jog alongside, David realised with deepening horror that, with his jacket caught, he’d shortly be dragged underneath the train. This, he thought, was how he was going to die.

But what followed was something far more startling and intense. For as he lay in hospital with horrifying injuries – the speed of the train and the pull of gravity had thrown him clear – he lost consciousness and had what’s described as a ‘near-death experience’. ‘All the noise of the room died out and the pain disappeared,’ the 61-year-old recalls today. ‘There was silence, and stillness. I was in another world entirely.’

David’s extraordinary experience echoes those of many others that have flummoxed scientists for decades. Together they pose the most tantalising question: is there life after death? For David, and thousands like him, the answer is almost certainly yes.

UK Mail article

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nothing fascinates me more than to read NDE’s. I’ve listened to this mans story on a podcast not long ago. Wild story

• Like 1

Good article. I am a believer that at times of death-like trauma our astral/mental body separates from the physical body. It can then experience the immediate physical environment from a place of peaceful physical detachment. As the physical plane is not the astral/mental body's native plane there will be a shift (crossing) into the higher astral plane of reality. 

In unusual cases of the physical body recovering life sustaining capabilities the astral/mental body can reunite with the physical body resulting in a Near Death Experience.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had an NDE in December 1989 following a near fatal illness.  It remains the most memorable of my life experiences.  It would take a book to recount it in detail.  What to say in a few words to sound meaningful?  It would be this:

He exists and is real.  He knows who you are.  He loves you more than you can even begin to comprehend.  You are accountable for your life, your choices, your decisions and your conduct.  Be on good terms when you go back.  You will not enjoy it if you are not.

I was not.

What suggestion would I give based on my experience?  Love ye one another, as He loved you.  Not easy, I know.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 8:11 PM, Rascal01 said:

I had an NDE in December 1989 following a near fatal illness.  It remains the most memorable of my life experiences.  It would take a book to recount it in detail.  What to say in a few words to sound meaningful?  It would be this:

He exists and is real.  He knows who you are.  He loves you more than you can even begin to comprehend.  You are accountable for your life, your choices, your decisions and your conduct.  Be on good terms when you go back.  You will not enjoy it if you are not.

I was not.

What suggestion would I give based on my experience?  Love ye one another, as He loved you.  Not easy, I know.

I’ve never had a NDE my father died four times on the same night from a heart attack in 1976. He was dead for close to five minutes the first time and they brought him back. He lived another decade after this. He had no memory of anything he thought we were all full of crap the next day when we explained what happened to him. That whole day was erased from his memory. 
But I do believe we are all connected and that this life is a test for the next based on our behavior now. It’s a thin line between Heaven and Hell if you venture off the path.