Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You gotta see this to believe it...

Mad Manfred

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Panthera leo atrox

• Mad Manfred

• absinthegreen329

• Gabriel

I saw the notice on the Animal Planet but I just didn't want to watch it; Did anyone watch the show? Did the Lion keep the Antelope away from the Pride?

Awww! She's so sweet! What a lovely cat. wub.gif So sad about the one the other tigers killed while she was sleeping. crying.gif I hope, if they let her keep this one, she's able to raise it. I had a little housecat once we called Grandma Button because she'd mother any baby animal she saw. Once she even brought baby rabbits up and tried to raise them, but of course they died of fright. sad.gif

there was actually a good story on it that i saw on telly.. where she would adopt quite a few antelope.. this particular one that was eaten was due to the lioness being so overtaken by hunger, that when she went to rest.. and turned her back.. a lion took the antelope.. but the poor antelope was starving too, so it was probably the best

she has been seen with many other antelope.. and has also given one back to its mother that she adopted

This antelope here is still alive and relatively healthy.

The first was taken from her by wildlife experts because it was dying and the second was the one eaten by the lion.

The WE's are contemplating taking this one from her too...though whenever they try to get close the lioness lashes out.

Dang that's weird she is obviously getting him fat for dinner! laugh.gif

but thats cute

Quote from Source:

"It does happen, but it's quite unusual. Lions, like all the other species, including human beings, have this kind of feelings for babies,"

Interesting. She is refering to 'female' lions though. Male lions obviously have no such compunction as they seem to enjoy hunting and killing baby Cheetah cubs especially and will even kill a lion cub if the Mom isn't extremely protective.

Awwwwww....that IS cute.

Unlike some of the other 'cute' stuff. A 22 pound lobster isn't cute.

Animals are trully amazing creatures that are capable of far more than we give them credit for!

Its cool... i saw it on the news....did they ever think instead of being its mom cuzz she wants to be a mom... she is actually a genious lioness...she didnt wanna eat it now cuzz its to small and scawny so it will protect it and let it grow.... THEN EAT IT!!! i mean that ould be smart...

I think that is amazing, does she have any cubs of her own? If not, that may be why she has taken all of these antelope into her care.

I watched the show. It sort of reminds me of the grizzly bear which befriended a housecat, but that was a well-feed captive bear. I think that what they said on the show is likely, that the lioness lost her pride. Perhaps being so lonely made the lioness mentally disturbed so that it didn't act right. sad.gif

Interesting. She is refering to 'female' lions though. Male lions obviously have no such compunction as they seem to enjoy hunting and killing baby Cheetah cubs especially and will even kill a lion cub if the Mom isn't extremely protective.

I might be wrong and probably I am, but don't the lionesse's do most of the hunting for the pride? unsure.gif

Most, but not all of it. Depends on the subspecies of lion.

The first was taken from her by wildlife experts because it was dying and the second was the one eaten by the lion.

The WE's are contemplating taking this one from her too...though whenever they try to get close the lioness lashes out.

509299[/snapback]

I'm confused - what happend to allowing NATURE to do her thing. This was totally unethical of them! Was this on a wildlife park? If not then the "experts" should not have interveened! Just because we are allowed the privelage of observing nature gives us no right to interfeer!

Well...if NATURE was doing her thing...the lioness would be chowing down on some baby antelope by now tongue.gif

Yeah I've heard about this before, animals adoptong other species as their own. Sad about what happened when the other lions got near her though sad.gif

Ohhh! I saw a programme on that once! Eventually, it got killed by a male lion looking for food. sad.gif

• 1 month later...

Unlike some of the other 'cute' stuff. A 22 pound lobster isn't cute.

511040[/snapback]

a 22 pound lobster would look good on my plate!

at first i thought u meant the lion had a baby antelope lol,

but ya thats wicked