Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange dream for years

FabledMurph

I keep having a strange dream where I would visit someone I think a friend or someone but every time he would bring a girl then we would go on a roller coaster we would go through a tunnel it would get darker and darker and then then ghosts would show up and A ride would break down and then we have to find a part and then we found it and then we would bring the ride back to the house Full speed where it would scare me then the girl and guy start liking other I I believe they kissed and the guy turns into a dog at this point already be on my way out of the house and I think his brother shows up and I say sup and then I walk home then I get on my computer and get it of virus or an ad say don’t come back then I close the ad or the or get rid of the virus and wake up what’s odd is back than I didn’t have a computer but today I do 

Edited by FabledMurph
  • Like 2

Welcome to the forum @FabledMurph.   All I can say is that the symbology in dreams is personal.   You can sometimes use common interpretations but usually you have to figure them out yourself.   Like what do you think about when you think of roller coasters?  And what about the guy turning in to a dog, could it be the guy is not nice to women?   Or could it mean you will meet a girl you like or you met a girl you liked and she liked your dog better than you?   The dark tunnel could symbolize feeling like you don't know what is going on and the break down could symbolize that something going on in your life is not working and you need to do some work to fix it.  Since you did get it fixed in the dream, maybe it means you are on the right track of something even though you didn't feel that way when you had the dream.  Can see how you are the only one who can figure out the meaning of your dreams?   Others can make suggestions but you have triggers and symbols that are only yours and the rest of us don't know you.  The friend in your dream may be a clue if it is always the same friend.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, FabledMurph said:

I keep having a strange dream where I would visit someone I think a friend or someone but every time he would bring a girl then we would go on a roller coaster we would go through a tunnel it would get darker and darker and then then ghosts would show up and A ride would break down and then we have to find a part and then we found it and then we would bring the ride back to the house Full speed where it would scare me then the girl and guy start liking other I I believe they kissed and the guy turns into a dog at this point already be on my way out of the house and I think his brother shows up and I say sup and then I walk home then I get on my computer and get it of virus or an ad say don’t come back then I close the ad or the or get rid of the virus and wake up what’s odd is back than I didn’t have a computer but today I do 

I don't really know what your dream is related to or if you are just fighting something in your subconscious mind that has not come to the surface yet. Your last sentence makes it very clear your not reliving something that actually occurred. If you did not have a computer in the past and in the dream you realize it's the same you that exists today it can't be anything but your subconscious sending a message to you that you do not understand yet. 

Throughout my life I have had reoccurring dreams that were so real that you could literally smell, taste and touch the environment in the dreams and I still have them to this day. But, they are not exactly the same, over the years these dreams have been slowly moving forward and showing me different things. It's like a progression or like watching a movie that very slowly continues to move forward in time.

Based upon my Spirituality reincarnation is part of my spiritual beliefs. However, when I was a young child when I first started having these dreams I did not even know what reincarnation was. My mother and father didn't think much of them, except that they were part of the normal dreaming process. Based upon this I believe that my dreams are actually past lives I have lived, I am fully aware that nothing I am saying can be scientificly proven and I could careless because my spirituality and personal beliefs harm no one and they are mine alone. 

I am 62 years old now, and the movies that have played out in my dreams have either continued to move forward like a historical event that has already occurred of in some cases stopped because I died in that particular dream. Is this real, to me it is and I could careless what anyone else thinks because this is a personal experience that is mine alone.

Peace and welcome to the forum, I have enjoyed this conversation and I believe in time that your subconscious mind will resolve this issue.:tu:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, FabledMurph said:

I keep having a strange dream

Welcome to UM, Fabled Murph!  

• Like 3

Welcome aboard.

Let's suppose for the sake of argument that it isn't simply a personal dream, but rather an archetypal dream (jung big dream is searchable). You didn't say, but I'm assuming you are male. (Archetypal dream characters often follow gendered patterns relative to the dreamer's gender - same or different, depending on the archetype).

You didn't say whether or not the dream bothers you. Do you have any emotional reaction when you wake up, or any memory of emotional reaction during the dream?

Careful attention to a recurring dream when awake may have the side effect that it stops repeating. It may simply go away or perhaps develops into a "sequel."

10 hours ago, FabledMurph said:

I keep having a strange dream

Often enough dreams recur until the dreamer does something different in the dream than what they're doing in the dream currently. So, skipping toward the end,

then I get on my computer and get it of virus or an ad say don’t come back then I close the ad or the or get rid of the virus and wake up what’s odd is back than I didn’t have a computer but today I do

Whatever the ad or virus says, you do come back; the dream recurs. So what action have you taken in the dream that you could have done differently? Although you might have dealt with the virus-or-ad differently than simply to get rid of it, that's pretty much a normal reaction - clean 'em or close 'em. What sticks out is right before then:

already be on my way out of the house and I think his brother shows up and I say sup and then I walk home

You have no reaction to the guy shifting shape? Not even when somebody who knows the guy well shows up? 'Sup indeed ... instead of asking us for an explanation, you should be asking this "brother" character, IMO.

I don't know what the character will say or do, but that seems to me to be why the dream recurs ... next time (if there is one) don't leave without talking it over with this character.

As to the archetypal elements,

where I would visit someone I think a friend or someone but every time he would bring a girl then we would go on a roller coaster we would go through a tunnel it would get darker and darker and then then ghosts would show up and A ride would break down and then we have to find a part and then we found it and then we would bring the ride back to the house

The friend (who ultimately becomes an animal) of your own gender suggests Shadow, his friend, opposite to your gender suggests Anima. Going someplace together, especially to a multiply removed place (to the roller coaster, then into a tunnel, then deeper and deeper into that tunnel) is a pretty typical big dream plot with pretty typical depiction of the structure of the Psyche. Finding something interesting when you get there (ghosts) is also a typical plot point. That there is a challenge to overcome, which you all do by working cooperatively, and then succeed in returning is textbook Hero's Journey.

Everything in bold is a searchable term. The perspective in the above is Jungian, and the last one (Hero's Journey) is Joseph Campbell's work (Campbell being a well-known interpreter of, among other things, Jung's work).

In broad brushstrokes, the overall meaning of that vignette is probably something like "the conscious part of the self should become aware of, and cooperate with, the unconscious elements of the self in order to live a richer life." In that regard, you might want to check out Shadow work, also searchable ... an odd name, really, since there's more to it than just the one archetype, but that's what it's called.

Coming full circle, your first opportunity to become more aware and cooperate with an unconscious faculty presents itself

Full speed where it would scare me then the girl and guy start liking other I I believe they kissed and the guy turns into a dog at this point

That's actually a cool image of the complicated and subtle relationship between Shadow and Anima; the full explanation of which is way above my pay grade.

Also, I'm being conventional about the interpretation of the dog. Dreams, even big dreams, are still personal dreams. At a personal level, dog imagery like that would mean something else if it happened in my dream, and for all I know, there's more to it for you, too. So, just as I'm assuming you're male, I'm also assuming that the various features of the dream (roller coasters, brother, dog ...) are at least consonant with the overall "big dream" theme, even if they have some additional or different personal meaning to you.

That's it from me, except for some boilerplate:

Regarding "big dreams:"

My guess is that you'll be thinking about this dream for a long time. You'll be glad then if you write down as much detail about the dream as you can now while the details are still fresh. If you do any creative or artistic things (write songs, draw pictures, etc.) you might use those media to express what you think and feel about the dream.

Regarding anything I say about somebody else's dreams:

I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I might be able to tell you what several people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1