Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ghost Who Helped Solve Her Own Murder

Manwon Lender

One January afternoon in 1897, Erasmus "Edward" Shue, a blacksmith, sent his neighbor’s young boy to see if Elva, Shue's wife of three months, needed anything from the market. The boy walked through the front door of the Shues' rural Greenbrier County, West Virginia, log house—and found Elva lying at the foot of the stairs. 

How the 'Greenbrier Ghost' Helped Solve Her Own Murder | Mental Floss

• Like 3

Absolutely makes sense to me that a murder victim would want justice brought after their death. 

Papameter Reading

80% Paranormal Involved     20% Hoax/Imagination

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Absolutely makes sense to me that a murder victim would want justice brought after their death. 

Papameter Reading

80% Paranormal Involved     20% Hoax/Imagination

Kind of cool Papa isn't it, thought you would like this one!:tu:

• 4 weeks later...

I recall a much more recent case that was quite similar.  A young Filipina woman went in a date with a man who murdered her.  I cannot recall the details of the case.  The deceased woman came back repeatedly in dreams to her mother or a dear friend, providing information about her killer.  He was caught, and I believe he confessed to the crime.

That would have been the 1980s or 90s.  I believe the murder took place in the Philippines.

Sorry, can’t recall the details.

• Like 1