Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Dog???


OverSword
 Share

Recommended Posts

So this morning I was walking to work.  It was about 15 - 20 minutes before sunrise and there was no traffic (headlights)  I'm walking next to a concrete wall painted ochre when suddenly what looks like the shadow of a small dog (think dachshund) seems to run along the wall next to me.  I look directly at it and the shadow stops moving and I think nothing of it.  I keep walking and am past the wall and then out of the corner of my eye I see movement of something about the same size as the shadow, it seemed almost like the blur in the predator movies but when I look directly at it there is of course nothing there.  I know it was probably just my imagination but at the time thought it would be fun to share at UM.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

 I'm walking next to a concrete wall painted ochre when suddenly what looks like the shadow of a small dog (think dachshund) seems to run along the wall next to me.  I look directly at it and the shadow stops moving and I think nothing of it. 

I'm a little unclear. Wouldn't the normal response be to turn your head to see the source of the shadow (i.e. the dog itself)?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I'm a little unclear. Wouldn't the normal response be to turn your head to see the source of the shadow (i.e. the dog itself)?

Maybe it would but there  was no dog or other movement, just a shadow which I couldn't be sure I saw moving, just thought that I did until I looked directly at it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Is there an pet cemetery nearby?

No, the nearest cemetery, pet or otherwise is at least 1.5 miles away.  Where I saw this is in what is basically an alleyway between two very large apartment/condo buildings with many small bushes and tress along the side and is a spot where I see many people taking their dogs out to poop in the morning.  There were no people or dogs there this morning. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Maybe it would but there  was no dog or other movement, just a shadow which I couldn't be sure I saw moving, just thought that I did until I looked directly at it.

I believe in ghost dogs (shocker right). Perhaps the old boy was reliving his strolls through that patch with his trusted owner?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I believe in ghost dogs (shocker right). Perhaps the old boy was reliving his strolls through that patch with his trusted owner?

As do I after strong experiences with my former Parrot.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OverSword said:

As do I after strong experiences with my former Parrot.

Do you mean a bird or do you mean a dog named 'Parrot'?

Please share as these stories bring such light and joy.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Do you mean a bird or do you mean a dog named 'Parrot'?

Please share as these stories bring such light and joy.

Bird.  I had a pacific parrotlet (smallest of parrot breed) which I saved from dying.  Parrots are social and left alone they will get depressed and pluck out all of their feathers and die which was his condition when I took him from my teenaged brother.  After four or five years of being happy and pampered we were very comfortable with each other.  A bit too comfortable as one day he was on my shoulder I sat down and broke his neck. For years after that I would feel him on my shoulder.  I would find green feathers on the sofa and on the floor.  About two years after he died I pulled out the carpet and bought a new sofa and love seat and still found feathers on the hardwood floor and on the back of the new sofa.  It lasted about four or five years, about as long as I owned him.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Bird.  I had a pacific parrotlet (smallest of parrot breed) which I saved from dying.  Parrots are social and left alone they will get depressed and pluck out all of their feathers and die which was his condition when I took him from my teenaged brother.  After four or five years of being happy and pampered we were very comfortable with each other.  A bit too comfortable as one day he was on my shoulder I sat down and broke his neck. For years after that I would feel him on my shoulder.  I would find green feathers on the sofa and on the floor.  About two years after he died I pulled out the carpet and bought a new sofa and love seat and still found feathers on the hardwood floor and on the back of the new sofa.  It lasted about four or five years, about as long as I owned him.

Wow pretty convincing evidence.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Wow pretty convincing evidence.

Yep. The funny thing was it didn’t ever freak me out. At first it was easily dismissed because birds leave feathers around and although he could barely fly he had a pretty free roam of the living room. But once the carpet was pulled and the furniture was changed there was no denying something was going on. For a while I kept some of the feathers but I don’t know where I put them now.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I get looking for an easy or mundane explanations but honestly I never understood thinking these things were imagined. Imagination is a choice. Something you engage in intentionally. Just my 2 cents. 
 

Maybe you mistook it for something else, but heck maybe you saw exactly what you thought you did. I’ve had Rottie’s all my adult life, and have had experiences where I felt one jump up on the bed and lay next to me, and when I reached down to pet them nothing was there. 
 

Had similar experiences with something more the size of a cat as well, a few, no, many times. Strange world we live in. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

If dogs and other animals can appear as ghosts doesn't that mean they have souls as well? I searched the difference between ghosts and souls and got this from Quora:

, A spiritual seeker
A spirit or soul is the same thing. If you translate from the Hindi word Aatma, the proper translation is “self,” instead of soul/spirit.

The only difference between spirit/soul and a ghost is that spirit/soul exists in all living beings. A ghost doesn’t have a physical body.

When someone leaves their physical costume due to any reason, the body is a corpse. And the detached soul is a ghost.

Every living being, humans included, have a subtle body within the physical body. It’s also called astral body, energetic body, etc. It’s this subtle body that goes out along with the soul, after death.

Depending on the deeds and traits of the human soul who died, you can call the ghost a good one or a bad one.

Once outside the physical body, a ghost has much more power as it's not limited by a physical body.

The bad ones scare and disturb others. They enter others' bodies to fulfill their unfulfilled desires. And harm them in any other ways.

A tantrik or a spiritual person can see the ghost. They would recognize whose ghost it is, if they had seen the person before death. This is because the ghost's subtle body has similar shape and face to the physical body it left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

If dogs and other animals can appear as ghosts doesn't that mean they have souls as well?

Most "human" ghosts are seen wearing clothes.   Does this mean cloaks and hats and boots all have souls as well?  :o 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Essan said:

Most "human" ghosts are seen wearing clothes.   Does this mean cloaks and hats and boots all have souls as well?  :o 

I've asked religious people a similar question with regard to souls: Martyrs who have been burned to death (who surely deserve a place in Heaven) and accident victims would find it inconvenient wandering around as charred corpses minus limbs. The consensus seems that souls can conciously or unconsciously "choose" their appearance. Presumably ghosts can as well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just one of my experiences involving animal ghosts: 

One of my beloved cats died. While he was alive, he would often play with my keys, which I always leave in the front door lock. It's a big bundle of keys, he'd bat them, being amused and startled all over again with the sound they'd make. 

So a day or two after he died, I was sitting in the living room with my husband, we both had clear view of the front door. So there's zero chance any animal or person was close to the door in question. We talked about him, how we miss him. And my bundle of keys jingled. We both immediately thought of our cat, how typical of him it was and went to take a closer look. The bundle was swinging, just like it was batted. No cats, no people, no draught, no earthquake, no explanation. 

 

Personally, I never had to ask myself if other sentient beings have souls. Of course they do. I've got no idea how it works, life or afterlife, but being sentient and having soul are the same thing for me. Not that I'm in any way qualified to say it is so, but neither is anyone else, so there :D  

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Interesting experience.                          

Just last night I had a dream of both of my past dog  and cat in my dream.

Some nights I swear I feel my cat's paws on my calf muscles!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2021 at 4:58 AM, fawkes2 said:

Interesting experience.                          

Just last night I had a dream of both of my past dog  and cat in my dream.

Some nights I swear I feel my cat's paws on my calf muscles!

 

Did your cat crawl under the covers and lay against you legs near your feet?

I had a Cat named Princess who use to crawl very slowly and very very gently touch my face with her paw to say hey lift up the covers it time to sleep!!:D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.