Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Final Pope

Cookie Monster

So we are on the final pope.

There have been no scientific break throughs such as immortality yet, to keep him in his position forever. He is also 84 so doesnt have long left. So the question is, if the prophecy of the last pope is correct, how does it all end?

I suspect its going to be down to the Catholic Church giving the nod to the Holocaust.

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

There have been no scientific break throughs such as immortality yet, to keep him in his position forever. He is also 84 so doesnt have long left. So the question is, if the prophecy of the last pope is correct, how does it all end?

I suspect its going to be down to the Catholic Church giving the nod to the Holocaust.

Hi Cookie

What prophecy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pope-card-72dpi.jpg

Just print it out. Problem solved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Isn't the last pope supposed to be named Peter?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Cookie

What prophecy?

St Malachy's Prophecy of the Popes.

Somehow Pope Francis from Argentina is Peter the Roman.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

On 11/3/2021 at 9:08 PM, Cookie Monster said:

The tradition of the papacy will continue even after several centuries, since there are predictions that when the Antichrist is incarnated on earth and rules, the popes will oppose him and die for the faith. It is at this difficult time that the labor of all religions will affect and our planet will split into supporters of the devil and supporters of faith.

On 11/3/2021 at 2:36 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I have heard "the last pope" drivel for a few decades . The last two predecessors of the current pope were supposed to be "the last pope", just like Bush jr was supposed to be "the last U.S. president", but when that didn't happen it was Obama, then Trump, and here we go.   Some people are waiting for the end of the world for a lot of different reasons.  I think it is a mental illness.   I think it would lighten the world a bit if the judaic religions withered up and blew away, but at the moment it does not look like that will happen in this century.

:nw:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fred_mc said:

Hmmm, I thought it was the previous pope who was supposed to be the last one but maybe I remember incorrectly.

No, you remember correctly.   It has been passed around for the last pope and the one before him.

• Like 1

Maybe the College of Cardinals are aware of the prophecy and are actively subverting it by annointing as Pope a Pole, a German and now an Argentinian? 
Avoid people named Peter, choosing Peter as a Papal name, anyone from anywhere near Rome etc etc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2021 at 10:08 PM, Cookie Monster said:

Maybe this is something for you:

http://www.hogueprophecy.com/2013/03/pope-francis-nostradamus-st-malachy-prophecies-and-predictions-is-he-peter-of-rome-the-last-pope-of-the-apostasy-tribulation-and-the-apocalypse-iraq-war-anniversary-prediction/

• Like 1

Catholicism is the most beautiful and artistic expression of Christianity, looked at dispassionately, marred by past injustices and atrocities committed in it's name. The Church is still vibrant and alive, kept so by hundreds of millions of devout followers around the world. Even a Calvinist Protestant like me can see that---as long as this is so, there will never be a "Final Pope". 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

On 11/4/2021 at 6:08 AM, Cookie Monster said:

Well this is an interesting thread Cookie Monster, fact is this is the first time I have every heard about this Prophecy so I had to do a little research to be able to fully comment on this subject. So after doing the following research it becomes pretty obvious this is Hoax, and that the document is most likely a Forgery. To me the reason I think this is Hoax and Forgery is because the paragraph below says it all ( The Catholic Church has no official stance, though some Catholic theologians have dismissed it as a Forgery )  if the Catholic Church holds no official stance and Catholic Theologians dismiss it as a forgery then it can't be worth the paper was written on. Because if it were in anyway thought to be a legitimate document the Catholic Church would definitely use it for their own benefit!!:tu:

Thanks for the thread Cookie I enjoyed it!!:tu:

See the story and information on the subject below!!!

""Saint Malachy was born in 1094 at Armagh, Ireland and died on November 2, 1148. St. Malachy was canonized in 1190 by Pope Clement III. This was the first papal canonization of an Irish saint. The source of the prophecy attributed to him is still up for debate, but the following is how it is usually related""

""While in Rome in 1139 St. Malachy received a vision showing him all the Popes from his day to the end of time. He wrote poetic descriptions of each of the pontiffs and presented the complete manuscript to Pope Innocent II, but the prophecies were forgotten in the Vatican until 1590. These mottoes in the prophecies usually refer to a family name, birthplace, a coat-of-arms, or an office held before election to the papacy.""

It was then discovered and first published in 1595 by Benedictine monk Arnold Wion, who attributed the prophecy to Saint Malachy, a 12th-century archbishop of Armagh

Given the accurate description of popes up to around 1590 and lack of accuracy for the popes that follow, historians generally conclude that the alleged prophecy is a pseudepigraphan (Spurious writings, especially writings falsely attributed to biblical characters or times ) fabrication written shortly before publication. The Catholic Church has no official stance, though some Catholic theologians have dismissed it as a Forgery

Link: what is a pseudepigraphan - Bing 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...