Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kyle Rittenhouse Trial

Paranoid Android

I'm watching it live on Court TV. The defense is showing a lot of video too. Tomorrow will be day 3.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, and then said:

he hears a gunshot behind him. 

There were quite a few gunshots that Rittenhouse didn't fire. His attorney is using videos from the scene with sound too. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

Juror dismissed from trial for "joke" about the shooting of Jacob Blake:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/580074-rittenhouse-juror-dismissed-over-joke-about-jacob-blake-shooting

There are now 19 jurors, 11 women and 8 men,  and the 12 who will make up the final jury will be chosen at the end.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Juror dismissed from trial for "joke" about the shooting of Jacob Blake:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/580074-rittenhouse-juror-dismissed-over-joke-about-jacob-blake-shooting

There are now 19 jurors, 11 women and 8 men,  and the 12 who will make up the final jury will be chosen at the end.

Darn! I was out all afternoon and missed this today. Did you see it @acute ?

I heard some of this testimony before I left. There was also testimony that after Huber hit Rittenhouse in the head with the skateboard, he also kicked him in the head while Rittenhouse was down on the ground. It was all on video.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/more-testimony-expected-thursday-in-kyle-rittenhouse-trial/2671206/

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/witnesses-threat/55YCBVMRDUUF6CN4QGVQJKJC5U/

• Like 2

16 hours ago, susieice said:

Darn! I was out all afternoon and missed this today. Did you see it @acute ?

Yes. It was a lame joke and in bad taste. He refused to repeat it to the judge.

(I'm currently watching the trial on YouTube)

Edited by acute
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, acute said:

Yes. It was a lame joke and in bad taste.

(I'm currently watching the trial on YouTube)

I was surprised today when Court TV went back and forth from the Rittenhouse trial to the Arbery trial. The attorneys gave their opening statements today. They're both important trials I was hoping to watch. I didn't think the Arbery trial was supposed to open until the end of the month!

• Like 3

The Prosecution has it's first witness on the stand now. It's a police officer.

On top of that, the evidence presented so far has mostly supported Rittenhouse’s claims of self-defense — if jurors get past the absurdity of him being there armed in the first place.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2021/11/5/22765491/kyle-rittenhouse-jury-self-defense

After the first week it appears as if the media is preparing us for a Rittenhouse victory. Even those who want him convicted are admitting the evidence largely supports his self defence claim. 

This particular paragraph caught our attention, however. My partner made the comment that this reminds her of people who blame rape victims for wearing skimpy clothes and getting drunk.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well... THIS isn't going to help the prosecution:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2021 at 7:04 PM, Paranoid Android said:

After the first week it appears as if the media is preparing us for a Rittenhouse victory. Even those who want him convicted are admitting the evidence largely supports his self defence claim. 

This particular paragraph caught our attention, however. My partner made the comment that this reminds her of people who blame rape victims for wearing skimpy clothes and getting drunk.

Certainly don't deserve the bulk of the blame, but when you put yourself at risk, part of the blame is on you.

• Confused 1

I've seen everything I need to see.  He is not guilty.  He is however to blame for putting himself in that position for no good reason.  Because of the initial choice that he made, which was to go there in the first place, those two people are dead and the other one is crippled.  I hope he thinks about that every day for the rest of his life. If he wanted to be a hero he should have joined the military or become a cop.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 7

The defense just questioned the lead detective, with video support, and he testified that Rittenhouse never aimed at anyone who had not attacked or hurt him personally. Nor did he raise his gun when more gunshots rang out after he began to leave. Grosskreutz also admitted he was carrying a concealed weapon with no legal permit after having said that he was not armed. There were a lot of gunshots fired that night. The defense has yet to present it's case, but it's doing a really good job cross examining the prosecution witnesses from everything I've seen.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I've seen everything I need to see.  He is not guilty.  He is however to blame for putting himself in that position for no good reason.  Because of the initial choice that he made, which was to go there in the first place, those two people are dead and the other one is crippled.  I hope he thinks about that every day for the rest of his life. If he wanted to be a hero he should have joined the military or become a cop.

He shouldn't have gone there. I'll agree with that. But none of those people should have been there doing what they were doing that night. Unfortunately, there they are.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Myles said:

but when you put yourself at risk, part of the blame is on you.

True.  But that's ultimately true of those who were killed and wounded also.  Remember, this was a riot, not a peaceful gathering and he had been in town earlier that day helping clean things up.  IMO, a seventeen-year-old shouldn't have been walking around armed, BUT there's a huge difference between using poor judgment and being guilty of murder.  Add to that the events of the prior weeks that led up to this riot and a reasonable adult would conclude that if they were going to be there in ANY capacity, they'd be putting their lives in danger.  There had been several, separate instances of innocent people being literally stomped-out by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Rosenbaum was responsible for his own death and so was Huber, IMO.  Rittenhouse's offense toward them wasn't physical.  No one is claiming that he initiated violent contact with them, or even verbally attacked them.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just saw this and got a chuckle out of it:

the-whole-truth.jpg

Ooops... When he is acquitted, I wonder if there will be riots in Wisconsin or other cities in the northeast U.S.?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

There may come a time when an actual militia is necessary to protect U.S., but this is not one of those times.

This is the equivalent of a kid playing a video game in real life, and getting away with murder, if he is not convicted.

Clearly insane in the modern era. It is poisonous to any modern civilization. If the business owners want to defend their businesses, I have no problem with it, but I have a serious problem with this type of behavior.

I hope the violent brat gets put under the jail.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/possible-rittenhouse-trial-prosecution-hail-mary-kyle-provoked-the-attacks/

Well, you aren't the only one who feels that way but hopefully, the law will be fairly observed.  

That link goes into quite a bit of depth to explain the actual LAW in WI.  not just the media take or political slant of the arguments being made.  The bottom line is that he did nothing to provoke these guys who chased and attacked him.  He was attempting to flee and they ran him down.  The first one was trying to ambush him from behind and a shot was fired behind him so that he couldn't tell who was shooting and when he turned around, Rosenbaum lunged at him. 

Remember, up to that point, there is NO evidence he had interacted with Rosenbaum OR Huber in any way.  Rosenbaum seems to have had mental health problems and had been convicted of child molestation and done time for it in the past.  While that crime is immaterial to this case, it does go to his instability and recklessness.  Had he not chased Rittenhouse and lunged at him to take his weapon, he'd likely still be alive today.  The same can be said of Huber.  Bottom line is that they attacked him and his option was to allow them to beat him down and possibly take his weapon from him and use it ON HIM, OR to defend himself from a threat he perceived as deadly.

The prosecution seems to have nothing more than trying to convince the jury that Rittenhouse had no right to be on a public street and carrying a firearm.  So, the jury will decide if it's proper to convict this teen for murder even though it's obvious that he didn't go seeking confrontation with ANYONE.  My guess is that those who believe he deserved to be convicted can only surmise that he was guilty just for daring to stand against the mob that night.  IMO, that Mob had a choice as well and 3 of them chose WRONGLY.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Myles said:

Certainly don't deserve the bulk of the blame, but when you put yourself at risk, part of the blame is on you.

An interesting point of view, one I can understand but do not agree with. In saying that, I think the issue I had with this is more the double standards by those who suggest Kyle is guilty because he put himself in a bad situation. Most of those people who think with that point of view come from the political left, and it's from the political left that we get people accusing others of being "rape apologists" if anyone suggests a woman could protect herself better when going out at night! 

Or maybe I've just been watching too much Ana Kasparian on TYT :lol: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

There may come a time when an actual militia is necessary to protect U.S., but this is not one of those times.

This is the equivalent of a kid playing a video game in real life, and getting away with murder, if he is not convicted.

Clearly insane in the modern era. It is poisonous to any modern civilization. If the business owners want to defend their businesses, I have no problem with it, but I have a serious problem with this type of behavior.

I hope the violent brat gets put under the jail.

Sounds like your issue is with Wisconsin gun laws. Even obtaining the gun is a legal quagmire considering a 17 year old is allowed to use a gun under certain circumstances in Wisconsin, and the maximum penalty for obtaining a weapon illegally is 9 months in prison even if he is found guilty of this one. In general I agree with your statement that "if the business owners want to defend their businesses, I have no problem with it, but I have a serious problem with this type of behavior". Nevertheless, the law in Wisconsin is set up to allow armed militia-type action.

Assuming he is found Not Guilty, then I would suggest campaigning to change the law, rather than wishing an innocent kid in prison for following the law! If he is found Guilty..... well, you'll be right and the argument is moot!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

An interesting point of view, one I can understand but do not agree with. In saying that, I think the issue I had with this is more the double standards by those who suggest Kyle is guilty because he put himself in a bad situation. Most of those people who think with that point of view come from the political left, and it's from the political left that we get people accusing others of being "rape apologists" if anyone suggests a woman could protect herself better when going out at night! 

Or maybe I've just been watching too much Ana Kasparian on TYT :lol: 

I wouldn't go that far.   Partly responsible is far from solely responsible.  

• Like 3

i do not see anything wrong with him going there, we need more people like him,  doers, not talkers. and it seems like prosecution case is falling apart as evidence  is examined. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2