Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kyle Rittenhouse Trial

Link of Hyrule

30 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Grosskreutz actually pointed his gun at Rittenhouse, then declined to fire, costing himself the use of an arm and nearly getting himself killed.  He should have fired.  Then he would be the one arguing self-defense.

Doug

Yeah, it’s self defense to point a gun at and shoot someone BUT it’s not self defense to shoot someone pointing a gun at you, 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Doug1066 said:

Grosskreutz actually pointed his gun at Rittenhouse, then declined to fire, costing himself the use of an arm and nearly getting himself killed.  He should have fired.  Then he would be the one arguing self-defense.

Doug

Video evidence says... No

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

I should have made myself clearer - Not Guilty is Not Guilty, there is no legal distinction. My point, however, was that OJ was found Not Guilty due to a technicality, and when it came to a civil suit he was dead in the water. RIttenhouse was not let off on a technicality, he was innocent - it's a moral distinction I was making. NBC is a hack news organisation,  can you really not see the language that the article used is couched in? Heck, it's opening sentence is a hypothetical: "should he face - and lose - a civil trial"... but the article doesn't bother exploring the likelihood of losing. Any civil suit will end with Rittenhouse winning and the other side paying his legal fees! Take that to the bank! 

Naturally there is a small level of "opinion" as no civil suit has yet been brought. However, I watched the case very closely, including live streams of the trial and many lawyer reviews of the daily progress in the case. Based on the conversation we've had, your engagement with the case is limited to "I don't like that he carried a gun, he must be in the wrong because of that".  Every time you post you demonstrate a total lack of knowledge about the events surrounding the shooting, or the evidence presented at trial, or of Wisconsin law.

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
~ Neil De Grasse Tyson

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 1/1/2022 at 4:35 PM, Paranoid Android said:

OJ was found Not Guilty due to a technicality,

His hand wouldn't fit in a leather glove that had gotten wet and shrunk.  That's not a technicality:  it's a bungle by the prosecution.  A serious one.

Doug

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

His hand wouldn't fit in a leather glove that had gotten wet and shrunk.  That's not a technicality:  it's a bungle by the prosecution.  A serious one.

Doug

Technicality, bungle, whatever! The point is he was "not guilty" but he's not "innocent". There was no such technicality/bungle (whatever you want to call it) with Rittenhouse. If you ran that same trial 1000 times you would get 1000 Not Guilty verdicts for Rittenhouse. Can't say the same about OJ, that makes the situation completely different! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paranoid Android said:

Technicality, bungle, whatever! The point is he was "not guilty" but he's not "innocent". There was no such technicality/bungle (whatever you want to call it) with Rittenhouse. If you ran that same trial 1000 times you would get 1000 Not Guilty verdicts for Rittenhouse. Can't say the same about OJ, that makes the situation completely different! 

A prosecutor will know what happened last time and try something else next time.  You will never get te same trial a second time.

Doug

• 1 year later...
In the heat of the 2020 riots in Kenosha, Wisconsin, Joshua Ziminski fired a "warning shot" just before Kyle Rittenhouse shot three men in self-defense. Ziminski was out of bail for his involvement in the riots when he and his wife went on the crime spree that earned them 7 felony charges. 

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1