Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the Nazca Lines

Dysmorphia

If any of you didn't know already, all of the lines end at sources of water. The rest of the area is completely dry. mellow.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• Kismit

• Althalus

• nightowl1331

So that would make the lines channels for the water to flow along, wonder what would happen if someone would go and flood the area, back to how it was at the time they were made?

Now it get's interesting what kind of sources of water Dysmorphia ? As geographically speaking lakes are non - permanent , which means there could well have been a lot more water to flow through the channels in the past . This of course opens up a theory fo agricultural use . But what about the Giant Bird carving that is a part of the Nazca line Mystery . What purpose would that have?

Here's an idea, what about if when the plain was flooded, the area was like a giant map of the planet, and the creatures carved into the ground were guides to show you what types of creatures you could find and where?

That's an intersting Theory Al . However I think we could kind of get that with out flooding the lines .

Now to ad to that theory though , what if it was an agricutural thing and the animal carvings are representing the types of animals kept in the area , as a kind of sign for the Gods . Perhaps the people that created the lines believed that by showing the Gods what kind of creatures were being farmed and where , Then these Gods would send the appropriate conditions for each animals individual needs. huh.gif

Or Maybe the animal symbols were ways of differentiating between Tribes or even a little of both ... O.K. now I have to let somebody else have a go at this because my brain is starting to run over time smile.gif

And say (continuing your hypothesis) that the monkey tribe would congregate where the minkey symbol is, and the kingfisher would congregate where the kingfisher symbol is, and so on.

Although the chances are that the first idea of yours is more or less right, as it has lready been established that people used to walk the animal patterns and this may have been part of the ritual for the weather.

Nice one Al . I think this theory could really work cool.gif

and thanx Dysmorphia for the originall info . It's amazing how one small piece of information can make people think smile.gif

• 7 months later...

uh, am i missing something here? can someone please explain what a nazca line is before starting a topic, for those that dont know? "they all end at sources of water, and the rest is dry" means absolutly nothing to people unfamiliar with a nazca line (like uninformed buckets of swamp water, eg, me)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So that would make the lines channels for the water to flow along, wonder what would happen if someone would go and flood the area, back to how it was at the time they were made?

But the lines aren't 'channels'. They're stones on the ground.

More accurately, they are areas where the stones were brushed away from the surface. They are not channels, and most importantly, they do not all end in sources of water. I have no idea why that was put up, but it is false. I lived in that area and am very familiar with the lines and shapes on the desert floor. There are quite a few remnants that we can't figure out because they were partially erased by flood hundreds of years ago.

For what it's worth, here's my theory:

the lines are on a plain that is very high up in the Andes. The sources of water up there are few and far between and it hardly rains. So having a lake or other such geographical feature is unlikely.

aquatus1 is correct in that the lines are areas where the upper material has been scraped away to reveal the bedrock beneath, they are not stones on the ground, but rather an absence of stones.

Furthermore, the designs cannot be fully appreciated from a ground-level perspective; they were meant to be seen from the air.

Bearing in mind that the creators were a primitive society, it is unlikely that the signs were meant for aliens, or for themselves, but were probably meant to be a message to their 'gods' of that time, mountains being perceived by most primitive cultures as 'staircases to god'. Maybe they were venerating various animal/creatures as gods, or sending a message to their gods about various creatures....?

Bearing in mind that the creators were a primitive society, it is unlikely that the signs were meant for aliens, or for themselves, but were probably meant to be a message to their 'gods' of that time, mountains being perceived by most primitive cultures as 'staircases to god'. Maybe they were venerating various animal/creatures as gods, or sending a message to their gods about various creatures....?[/color]

Which for me raises the question...why did primitive people think their gods were in the sky? Something had to give them that idea. hm...

Where else would they be? The primitives already knew they weren't in the ground, and the ocean was too far away.

Oh, and with the exception of the monkey, it's pretty easy to figure out what the pictures are with a simple twenty-foot ladder (or its primitive equivalent).

My personal theory is that these people were very good at math and part of their education, possibly their version of finals, included designing and constructing a large geometric formation. This would account for the large quantity of lines and triangles randomly located through the plain. Some of the advanced students went for the extra credit with animal figures, and the truly dedicated created the more complex bird or plain huge monkey.

why did primitive people think their gods were in the sky?

If you think about it or check, you'll find that almost every culture known of man's on the Earth thought that their gods were based somewhere skyward. It's a common theme: the Egyptians thought that their gods were in the stars, Christians believe that Heaven is up there with the white fluffy clouds, and so on.... original.gif

What I don't get is how they've managed to stay where they are for so long.

It confuzerates us wacko.gif

The fact that there is little by the way of moisture or of human/animal traffic up there, means that erosion is very slow, so that's how they stay....

cool.gif

why did primitive people think their gods were in the sky?

If you think about it or check, you'll find that almost every culture known of man's on the Earth thought that their gods were based somewhere skyward. It's a common theme: the Egyptians thought that their gods were in the stars, Christians believe that Heaven is up there with the white fluffy clouds, and so on.... original.gif

I know, but that's what I mean...what might have given people that idea in the first place? Someone said, "where else would they be?" But that answer doesn't explain anything. I'm not trying to say that aliens are what gave them the idea. But something had to!

Whever I look at photos of the Nazka lines I get the feeling something mysterious put them there. I don't know exactly what, could've been humans but indeed if they did that, how and why?

The Nazca lines are images of creatures. The actual style of the images is very much in keeping with the artistic style of the cultures of the area, so it's not a big leap to think that maybe people put the lines there, as opposed to some extra-terrestrial force. Anyhoo, why come billions of miles through space to draw stick drawings..? tongue.gif Don't they have sandy beaches of their own...?

Ancient Britons were more Earth cultured and their Gods reflected this...I'm not sure about that though...(?)

Vimjams

ph34r.gif