Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Score system suggestion

thebarman

As a suggestion and to keep things fair, is it not better that everyone should play twice, once as black once as white? I know my strategy changes slightly depending on the colour I think others may too.

Then the results can be put into a table, simalar to a football league whereby you have a games played column, and W, D and L column, and a score. Everyone plays everyone twice, then a winner is declared?

Might take a while, but it's the chess tournement 2005, so we've got a while thumbsup.gif

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Thistle

• thebarman

• gollum

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that doing it that way would be fairer, though the tournament will take twice as long if every matchup has to be repeated twice.

I'd like to hear some more opinions on this, as it would effect all those concerned.

What does everyone else think ? Should we play each match twice, or play each match once but tossing a coin to find out who goes white ?

Well, I'm voting for the two games option, I don't like leaving anything down to luck or chance, i don't beleive in it.

I don't think it matters if it goes on longer, in fact I'd support it. I'm having fun playing so the longer the better if you ask me original.gif

I've just spoken to Blood_Angel and he's also in agreement. I certainly don't have any problem doing it that way, as long as nobody minds playing twice as many games.

As I say I'd agree that it would be a fairer system, looks like i'm going to be playing Thistle again laugh.gif

I'll update the scoreboard and FAQs to reflect the changes.

Update

Moved this discussion into it's own thread.

As I say I'd agree that it would be a fairer system, looks like i'm going to be playing Thistle again  laugh.gif

509499[/snapback]

Woo Hoooooo !!!!! devil.gif

Sounds fair to me as well...and absolutely nothing to do with getting revenge on Saru and Golly ..not at all.....never crossed my mind

w00t.gif

• 2 weeks later...

K here's another one.

I can't help but notice how many people are playing one move every 3 days. Sooo.....how about, where possible we set the timeout to 1 day and timebank to 7 days? Obviously that's not going to suit everyone, ie people who access the internet from work but I think we need to do something to hurry this thing along a bit or we'll still be here playing at Xmas. hmm.gif

P.S.....if this is a good idea it was mine.....if it sucks it was Talon's laugh.gif

I can't help but notice how many people are playing one move every 3 days. Sooo.....how about, where possible we set the timeout to 1 day and timebank to 7 days? Obviously that's not going to suit everyone, ie people who access the internet from work but I think we need to do something to hurry this thing along a bit or we'll still be here playing at Xmas. 

Yeah, I agree, I've got matches which are moving a move a day and some which haven't moved in days which is just holding us up from people who do want to play. There isn't really a reason, apart from playing from work, why a game can't be finished in less that 3 days max.

P.S.....if this is a good idea it was mine.....if it sucks it was Talon's

nice tongue.giflaugh.gif

I have no objections, would help to speed things up a bit.

Woo Hoo !

ok, so every game I start from now on will have a one day timeout and 7 day timebank.

^advance warning original.gif

btw.....it WAS Talon's idea....but I posted it so therefore take all credit laugh.gif

I like this idea. Alot. I'm going to go with it too.

One day timeouts from now one, 7 day time banks.

All around!