Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'What do you know about 'The Urantia Papers'?'

c.s.lewis

Hey, i share with you all my most recent answer to the queries about The Urantia Papers or The Urantia Book, on Quora:

This is not spamming nor advertising, since URANTIA is already in the public domain, and free to read and download online...

So i am open here to debate with anyone who wants to 'debunk' this divine revelation, URANTIA, which objectively and for me it's impossible, wanna try?, here i am!, let's start this debate---if you want.

i also add these, the very first paragraphs of URANTIA:

0:0.1 (1.1) IN THE MINDS of the mortals of Urantia—that being the name of your world—there exists great confusion respecting the meaning of such terms as God, divinity, and deity. Human beings are still more confused and uncertain about the relationships of the divine personalities designated by these numerous appellations. Because of this conceptual poverty associated with so much ideational confusion, I have been directed to formulate this introductory statement in explanation of the meanings which should be attached to certain word symbols as they may be hereinafter used in those papers which the Orvonton corps of truth revealers have been authorized to translate into the English language of Urantia.

0:0.2 (1.2) It is exceedingly difficult to present enlarged concepts and advanced truth, in our endeavor to expand cosmic consciousness and enhance spiritual perception, when we are restricted to the use of a circumscribed language of the realm. But our mandate admonishes us to make every effort to convey our meanings by using the word symbols of the English tongue. We have been instructed to introduce new terms only when the concept to be portrayed finds no terminology in English which can be employed to convey such a new concept partially or even with more or less distortion of meaning.

0:0.3 (1.3) In the hope of facilitating comprehension and of preventing confusion on the part of every mortal who may peruse these papers, we deem it wise to present in this initial statement an outline of the meanings to be attached to numerous English words which are to be employed in designation of Deity and certain associated concepts of the things, meanings, and values of universal reality.

0:0.4 (1.4) But in order to formulate this Foreword of definitions and limitations of terminology, it is necessary to anticipate the usage of these terms in the subsequent presentations. This Foreword is not, therefore, a finished statement within itself; it is only a definitive guide designed to assist those who shall read the accompanying papers dealing with Deity and the universe of universes which have been formulated by an Orvonton commission sent to Urantia for this purpose.

0:0.5 (1.5) Your world, Urantia, is one of many similar inhabited planets which comprise the local universe of Nebadon. This universe, together with similar creations, makes up the superuniverse of Orvonton, from whose capital, Uversa, our commission hails. Orvonton is one of the seven evolutionary superuniverses of time and space which circle the never-beginning, never-ending creation of divine perfection—the central universe of Havona. At the heart of this eternal and central universe is the stationary Isle of Paradise, the geographic center of infinity and the dwelling place of the eternal God.

0:0.6 (1.6) The seven evolving superuniverses in association with the central and divine universe, we commonly refer to as the grand universe; these are the now organized and inhabited creations. They are all a part of the master universe, which also embraces the uninhabited but mobilizing universes of outer space.

main-qimg-2aed3c55d8f4f261392dd8a173ee5b91

:gun::su:alien:

Edited by Luis Marco
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

And also consider these faq's on URANTIA:

Enjoy them!!!. :sk

• Like 1

urantia2.jpg

The Urantia Papers, most often referred to as the Urantia Book, is a very bright light in a very dark room. But it's also much more than just that.

Edited by Will Due

5 hours ago, Luis Marco said:

Hey, i share with you all my most recent answer to the queries about The Urantia Papers or The Urantia Book, on Quora:

This is not spamming nor advertising, since URANTIA is already in the public domain, and free to read and download online...

So i am open here to debate with anyone who wants to 'debunk' this divine revelation, URANTIA, which objectively and for me it's impossible, wanna try?, here i am!, let's start this debate---if you want.

i also add these, the very first paragraphs of URANTIA:

main-qimg-2aed3c55d8f4f261392dd8a173ee5b91

:gun::su:alien:

Hey good luck with your chosen spirituality, but I dont understand why you wish to debate it.

Because lets face reality here its impossible to debate an opinion?:unsure:

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Because lets face reality here its impossible to debate an opinion?:unsure:

Hi Manwon

Duh, once you have seen the light you will understand life's mysteries and get rid of the evil ego that has kept us alive since the beginning of sperm :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

It's a load of codswallop

If you want to read about the history of the Earth, you'd be much better off with The Simarillion.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Essan said:

If you want to read about the history of the Earth, you'd be much better off with The Simarillion.

You’re a LOT better off with the Sillmarillion, unless there are dude in flying boats fighting dragons bigger than the sky, Satan running away from a vaguely Spider-shaped thing screaming like a girl, God himself saying “stuffed if I know where that spider-thing came from” when asked, Tom Bombadil and arcane jewlery manufacturing in the Uranitia book.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It’s a load of white man’s burdenesque fetishisation of primitivism with lashing of racism, sexism, rampant idiocy and just a touch of witterings so absurd that even the writers of Doctor Who would shy away from them and they once said that trees produce carbon dioxide.

Ive read the book twice While i didn't agree with all of it I fond the bits about Christ's life, as revealed  to the author,  quite fascinating  The system of governance of the galaxy descried in it is quite similar, albeit with significant differences, to the one I have  been connected to for about 55 years 

What i would say is that "religion" is in the eyes of the beholder  Ie I didnt see this as especially a religious book,  but  rather the writings of a religious person who has been exposed to the osmic consciousness 

I didn't see it through your lens and thus didn't get the negativity you do 

it is  another r "revealed  truth"

Take it or leave it, as you would any other "revealed truth," from the bible, to the tablets of Mormon.   or the teachings of Buddha, or any other wise "men" 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Ive read the book twice While i didn't agree with all of it I fond the bits about Christ's life, as revealed  to the author,  quite fascinating  The system of governance of the galaxy descried in it is quite similar, albeit with significant differences, to the one I have  been connected to for about 55 years 

What i would say is that "religion" is in the eyes of the beholder  Ie I didnt see this as especially a religious book,  but  rather the writings of a religious person who has been exposed to the osmic consciousness 

I didn't see it through your lens and thus didn't get the negativity you do 

it is  another r "revealed  truth"

Take it or leave it, as you would any other "revealed truth," from the bible, to the tablets of Mormon.   or the teachings of Buddha, or any other wise "men" 

Perhaps I should re-read it with a effort to see past the surface barriers I encounter.

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You’re a LOT better off with the Sillmarillion, unless there are dude in flying boats fighting dragons bigger than the sky, Satan running away from a vaguely Spider-shaped thing screaming like a girl, God himself saying “stuffed if I know where that spider-thing came from” when asked, Tom Bombadil and arcane jewlery manufacturing in the Uranitia book.

Interesting you give those examples.

In my own wide and varied explorations of our galaxy, I have encountered spider like- space, faring beings, flying light sail ships in the galactic core,  dragons as big as a football field ,from which humanoids fought each other with primitive weapons including bows and crossbows, swords and pikes,   and smaller personalised dragons you fly like riding a horse.

There are flying boats  of all sizes, some with inertial dampening and force fields,  kept aloft by anti gravity  These are generally not used for warfare  (or even transport) given  thatthe technology required to build them produces far more efficient and useful modes,  but for leisure and pleasure.

On one planet there are  huge living flying carpets that take moisture and nutrients from  the air, and energy from the sun, and live  and die high in the atmosphere of their planet These are  too fragile to use as transport,  being like gossamer.   

And this was all decades before I ever heard of the Urantia book, and long before all the  books and  movies etc which portray similar memes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Perhaps I should re-read it with a effort to see past the surface barriers I encounter.

Try reading it not as a religious book but as things encountered and  described though the mind of a human being who has made a connection to the web of minds structured around the being which I call the cosmic consciousness.

Often we encounter things in our mind which our knowldge and technogly don't allow us to describe or even understand accurately 

This was even more the case in the past.

At least i can recognise  anti gravity, matter transport, Inertial dampening, artificial intelligence,  force fields etc., when I encounter them  while connected to the minds of other beings across the galaxy,

Imagine how someone from the past would have to describe them, given their limited scientific  knowledge. The y would frame such things not in terms of technology but as miracles and wonders.   

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

Try reading it not as a religious book but as things encountered and  described though the mind of a human being who has made a connection to the web of minds structured around the being which I call the cosmic consciousness.

Often we encounter things in our mind which our knowldge and technogly don't allow us to describe or even understand accurately 

This was even more the case in the past.

At least i can recognise  anti gravity, matter transport, Inertial dampening, artificial intelligence,  force fields etc., when I encounter them  while connected to the minds of other beings across the galaxy,

Imagine how someone from the past would have to describe them, given their limited scientific  knowledge. The y would frame such things not in terms of technology but as miracles and wonders.   

I think it’ll require me to park my usual cynicism (which I acknowledge will be hard work) and a quiet day to chew over what I read.

• Like 3

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I think it’ll require me to park my usual cynicism (which I acknowledge will be hard work) and a quiet day to chew over what I read.

I actually thought your response  to my posts was open minded  and non judgemental .

IMO humans deify many things which they don't comprehend. 

As AC Clarke said , "A sufficiently advanced technology is often indistinguishable  from  magic" 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Manwon

Duh, once you have seen the light you will understand life's mysteries and get rid of the evil ego that has kept us alive since the beginning of sperm :lol:

Yea once we stop praying to the almighty GOD OF THE SPERM we are through! :nw:

Goith fourthith Und Mutiplith 

AF00C70C-172D-4873-BDC1-6C17725AD5AF-8491-00000781477C3E44.png.1475426f091aeda48763b9d4a8788749.png

Space Jesus love youall!:D

972EA402-0F7D-445E-BC3D-63DC715F6031-8491-000007837C59F23F.jpg.eae6b621976196d9daca53b61610e908.jpg

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Essan said:

F08E163C-1FB7-4749-AFF0-EC43B7B106B4-8491-00000785D2D1A9FE.png

I also have read the Urantia Book and other proclaimed "scriptures of truth".

I have come to the conclusion that ALL such tomes are mixtures of wheat and tares. When casting your net into the sea to catch seafood, you collect the good and discard the bad.

If you believe there is an actual Spirit of Truth, then I would simply worship Truth and pray for internal guidance and confirmation of what Truths you are able to accept and live by. I try my best to live my life in such a manner that I would never be tempted to lie. Not saying it's an easy thing, just that it's a worthy goal.

To me, it's very simplistic.

We are here to learn how to live according to the law of the "Kingdom of Heaven" where all citizens treat one another as they would want to be treated.

Universal Karma and the leading to the understanding of repentance and forgiveness.

All debts must be either paid or forgiven.

Progression and entry into the Kingdom is the goal. (And then perhaps helping others to find their way.)

Just some personal perspective I thought I'd share without delving too deeply.

• Like 4

I know it's the devil's work, Satan's new bestseller directed at those with minds amenable to plain deception. The Antichrist's number is not 666, it's either 616, or most likely 606.  

Your world is called Urantia, and it is number 606 in the planetary group, or system, of Satania.

Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2“Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

3As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many... Addendum: ...Simpletons

Let us chew before we swallow.

I'd like to play a game,
That is so much fun,
And it's not so very hard to do,
The name of the game is Simple Simon says,
And I would like for you to play it to,
Put your hands in the air,
Simple Simon says,
Shake them all about,
Simple Simon says,
Do it when Simon says,
Simple Simon says,
And you will never be out.

Carlos wants to debate us, but he has us debating among ourselves, so far. Let us all start rowing.

Troll, troll, troll your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

On one planet there are  huge living flying carpets that take moisture and nutrients from  the air, and energy from the sun, and live  and die high in the atmosphere of their planet These are  too fragile to use as transport,  being like gossamer.   

Not carpets.  Mattresses.  And they are all called Zem :tu:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Luis Marco said:

And also consider these faq's on URANTIA:

No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

There's nothing here except stuff for UBelievers. Moving on....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

That’s some imagination you have. 

No, it is not imagination(or not necessarily imagination)

True I have a good imagination. I have created an entire world, with scientifically correct;  ecology, topography,  geography  and life forms,   while writing modules for dungeons and dragons in the 80s  That, I created entirely from my imagination albeit based on my knowledge of earths geography, ecology etc., so it was an "earth-like" world  . . It represents no actual world I have visited .

The things  I described in my previous post came to me in controlled lucid dreaming, and extension of my consciousness. 

Those outside our solar system can't yet be verified, but many of the things within the solar system, which I saw on my travels in the 50s and 60s, have now been shown to exist /be accurate 

Also, when you read books, and research where the writers got their ideas from,  many explain how they "visited"  these same worlds in their dreams  and based their stories on them. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Haha 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked