Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'What do you know about 'The Urantia Papers'?'

c.s.lewis

It is said that Adam and Eve along with all the civilized lived on a peninsula on the East coast of the Mediterranean that sank and that there were thousands of miles of roads and paths. Livestock was not raised on the peninsula and was brought in by other human groups considered inferior humans that were eventually wiped out. Those humans were of colours that do not exist nor have they at any time in known history and there is absolutely no evidence that they did exist. There is no evidence of that landmass nor of the roads and paths that connected them to any region nor is there evidence of animal domestication or sites that show there were agricultural communities at that time in history in that region and it has been a well studied area by the scientific community.

So if you have an answer as to why we don't have any evidence for 

a peninsula

domestic livestock

grain cultivation

unknown human of colours that no longer exist

roads and pathways

then I would like to see you explain it within a scientific context with published research that supports your position that the events in in question about  the UB are possible.

• Like 6

@Timothy Thanks for asking a good question. Several of the more scientifically sophisticated reports in the UBtheNEWS section of UBannotated.com are co-written with people who have PhD's in physics and/or mathematics. These people are believers in The Urantia Book, so, admittedly, this is a limitation on credibility. Even still, I think you will find that these UBtheNEWS reports are the only group efforts ever made (in terms of collaborative vs. collective writings) and want to add that, while I take some pride in this fact, more so, I am saddened that cooperative efforts are not more common. While I have not found an avenue to engage true peer review, over the last fifteen plus years that I have been doing this work, I have not suffered blowback on an academic level. No doubt, this relates to taking a conservative (vs. overstating) position on conclusions and having the benefit of a legal education, which teaches being able to look at issues from different perspectives as a fundamental skill. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

It is said that Adam and Eve along with all the civilized lived on a peninsula on the East coast of the Mediterranean that sank and that there were thousands of miles of roads and paths. Livestock was not raised on the peninsula and was brought in by other human groups considered inferior humans that were eventually wiped out. Those humans were of colours that do not exist nor have they at any time in known history and there is absolutely no evidence that they did exist. There is no evidence of that landmass nor of the roads and paths that connected them to any region nor is there evidence of animal domestication or sites that show there were agricultural communities at that time in history in that region and it has been a well studied area by the scientific community.

So if you have an answer as to why we don't have any evidence for 

a peninsula

domestic livestock

grain cultivation

unknown human of colours that no longer exist

roads and pathways

then I would like to see you explain it within a scientific context with published research that supports your position that the events in in question about  the UB are possible.

@jmccr8 That's an incredibly interesting question for me, personally, because I've been struggling a lot the last month or so with a redo of the UBtheNEWS Garden of Eden Report. This flagship UBtheNEWS report, originally written in 2007, has not been updated in over a decade. In fact, this has long been one of the most impressive and appreciated UBtheNEWS reports. The original report is available in a PDF format; there's a link off the link above. Three days ago, I re-wrote the summary of the report and over the last month, a significant amount of work has been done, but it's still a work-in-progress. I am hoping/expecting to get this finished up by the end of the month.

As you can see from the Updates page, I have been busy with all kinds of things, in an effort to avoid doing the harder work of updating the Garden of Eden Report. The good news is that the update is going to go well beyond the initial focus on bathymetric mapping and tectonic plate theory. There is some really interesting research to on volcanic activity that aligns with Urantia Book date also ... as well as other issues. But it does hurt my brain to do all the research and tackle the scientific reports related to this topic. As well, some issues are more substantiated than others, which makes organizing the material more challenging. The history of the Strait of Gibraltar and the depth of the Mediterranean at different historical periods is not easy to establish and the research is ongoing, for instance. 

Thank you for the motivation to get after this and stop being such a wus about it. Sorry to be getting old and cranky about hard work.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Halbert said:

@jmccr8 That's an incredibly interesting question for me, personally, because I've been struggling a lot the last month or so with a redo of the UBtheNEWS Garden of Eden Report. This flagship UBtheNEWS report, originally written in 2007, has not been updated in over a decade. In fact, this has long been one of the most impressive and appreciated UBtheNEWS reports. The original report is available in a PDF format; there's a link off the link above. Three days ago, I re-wrote the summary of the report and over the last month, a significant amount of work has been done, but it's still a work-in-progress. I am hoping/expecting to get this finished up by the end of the month.

As you can see from the Updates page, I have been busy with all kinds of things, in an effort to avoid doing the harder work of updating the Garden of Eden Report. The good news is that the update is going to go well beyond the initial focus on bathymetric mapping and tectonic plate theory. There is some really interesting research to on volcanic activity that aligns with Urantia Book date also ... as well as other issues. But it does hurt my brain to do all the research and tackle the scientific reports related to this topic. As well, some issues are more substantiated than others, which makes organizing the material more challenging. The history of the Strait of Gibraltar and the depth of the Mediterranean at different historical periods is not easy to establish and the research is ongoing, for instance. 

Thank you for the motivation to get after this and stop being such a wus about it. Sorry to be getting old and cranky about hard work.

Hi Halbert

Welcome to the forum and thanks for stepping up. I did a quick search about the land bridge and will look some more, from what I have seen so far I think there will be a problem with timeline as from what I have seen it was gone several hundreds of thousands of years before than the arrival of Adam and Eve. I have looked in past discussions for data that would show that there was a peninsula on the East coast of the Med and have not seen anything that would indicate that there was a landmass in that region at the time suggested.

As this discussion progresses I hope you don't get upset with my questions.

• Like 5

On 11/13/2021 at 10:32 PM, Luis Marco said:

Hey, i share with you all my most recent answer to the queries about The Urantia Papers or The Urantia Book, on Quora:

This is not spamming nor advertising, since URANTIA is already in the public domain, and free to read and download online...

So i am open here to debate with anyone who wants to 'debunk' this divine revelation, URANTIA, which objectively and for me it's impossible, wanna try?, here i am!, let's start this debate---if you want.

i also add these, the very first paragraphs of URANTIA:

main-qimg-2aed3c55d8f4f261392dd8a173ee5b91

:gun::su:alien:

Heretic.jpg

• Haha 3

"When the high priest heard Jesus utter these words, he was exceedingly angry, and rending his outer garments, he exclaimed: “What further need have we of witnesses? Behold, now have you all heard this man’s blasphemy. What do you now think should be done with this lawbreaker and blasphemer?” And they all answered in unison, “He is worthy of death; let him be crucified.”

Link

God said such...

God said this...

Funny though, it's always a human speaking.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"in every dark hour, at every crossroad in the forward struggle, the Spirit of Truth will always speak, saying, “This is the way.”

16 minutes ago, Will Due said:

"in every dark hour, at every crossroad in the forward struggle, the Spirit of Truth will always speak, saying, “This is the way.”

Yeah but don't listen to it or you'll end up in a ditch.

Just saying......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX5uZ3l5fTEgW4kvHMZxC

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Yeah but don't listen to it or you'll end up in a ditch.

Just saying......

Yeah but depending on the circumstances, ending up in a ditch might just be the place one belongs. For a while anyway. :D

Just now, Will Due said:

Yeah but depending on the circumstances, ending up in a ditch might just be the place one belongs. For a while anyway. :D

That never ends well. Can't think of a single time. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That never ends well. Can't think of a single time. 

I know what you mean :lol:

• Haha 1

• Thanks 1

Will, your moment has arrived.

Could you please describe in your own words why your reader should devote an hour and fifteen minutes to the video?

I already get it that the four people in the preview pane are important figures.

Thank you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, eight bits said:

Will, your moment has arrived.

Could you please describe in your own words why your reader should devote an hour and fifteen minutes to the video?

I already get it that the four people in the preview pane are important figures.

Thank you.

I suppose it's just a matter of how curious a person is. 

19 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I suppose it's just a matter of how curious a person is. 

Let's start with you telling us in your own words what you find worthwhile in the video, and see how far that whets further curiosity about it? Even a rather curious person might not want to use that much time and bandwidth to check out a video that long, especially since you gave zero description or reason why you think it's of value or even what it is about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

20 minutes ago, rashore said:

Let's start with you telling us in your own words what you find worthwhile in the video, and see how far that whets further curiosity about it? Even a rather curious person might not want to use that much time and bandwidth to check out a video that long, especially since you gave zero description or reason why you think it's of value or even what it is about.

The video presents what the Urantia Book reveals about cosmology and compares it to current discussions in the scientific community regarding the Big Bang, Hubble's Law and the age of the universe.

30 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The video presents what the Urantia Book reveals about cosmology and compares it to current discussions in the scientific community regarding the Big Bang, Hubble's Law and the age of the universe.

Ok. How is this video of value to you  and how does it add to your overall knowledge of the Urantia Papers? What does the Urantia Papers reveal about cosmology to you, and how accurate do you find the comparisons to which current discussions?

• Thanks 5

30 minutes ago, rashore said:

Ok. How is this video of value to you  and how does it add to your overall knowledge of the Urantia Papers? What does the Urantia Papers reveal about cosmology to you, and how accurate do you find the comparisons to which current discussions?

I find the video of value because it confirms what I always suspected about what the Urantia Book reveals to be true (about cosmology) compared to current discussions going on in the scientific community, by one of its own members who happens to have been influenced (scientifically) by what is written in the Urantia Book.

In a nutshell, I've been noticing more and more how the latest findings of scientists are coming closer and closer to what the Urantia Book reveals.

Edited by Will Due

Just now, Will Due said:

I find the video of value because it confirms what I always suspected about what the Urantia Book reveals (about cosmology) compared to current discussions going on in the scientific community by one of its members who happens to have been influenced (scientifically) by what is written in the Urantia Book. In a nutshell, I've been noticing more and more how the latest findings of scientists are coming closer and closer to what the Urantia Book reveals.

What do you think the UB reveals about cosmology compared to which current discussions, as in can you provide links to those discussions as well as tell us what you think those revelations and comparisons are? Which discussions specifically are you talking about? What member of the scientific community are you talking about having been influenced, and how do you mean scientifically, in what way? What latest findings are you talking about, how are they related to how you interpret the UB?

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, rashore said:

What do you think the UB reveals about cosmology compared to which current discussions, as in can you provide links to those discussions as well as tell us what you think those revelations and comparisons are? Which discussions specifically are you talking about? What member of the scientific community are you talking about having been influenced, and how do you mean scientifically, in what way? What latest findings are you talking about, how are they related to how you interpret the UB?

When you watch the video all of those questions will be answered.

Edited by Will Due
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

When you watch the video all of those questions will be answered.

OK, so you don't want to discuss the other website here, you just want to direct people to go to another website. That's not very curiosity whetting, nor good for carrying on a conversation here. I'm going with the assumption you don't have any discussion or anything curiosity worthy of sharing about the video since you don't seem to want to discuss it here. I've tried a few times to get you to discuss it, and you rather direct to another website. Rather unfortunate that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, rashore said:

What do you think the UB reveals about cosmology compared to which current discussions, as in can you provide links to those discussions as well as tell us what you think those revelations and comparisons are?

I think that what the Urantia Book reveals about cosmology compared to all of discussions that I run into from time to time, is that they support what the Urantia Book reveals. I won't provide links because anyone who pays attention to what the latest findings are, already knows what they are.

Which discussions specifically are you talking about? 

The ones scientists are having about their current ideas and theories about cosmology.

What member of the scientific community are you talking about having been influenced, and how do you mean scientifically, in what way? 

The producer of the video, Nigel Nunn. The revelations of the Urantia Book causes one to think about a lot of things in new ways. Not least of which science.

What latest findings are you talking about, how are they related to how you interpret the UB?

In general everything I read about how scientists are currently thinking causes me to see clearer what the writers of the Urantia Book are trying to reveal.

23 minutes ago, rashore said:

OK, so you don't want to discuss the other website here, you just want to direct people to go to another website. That's not very curiosity whetting, nor good for carrying on a conversation here. I'm going with the assumption you don't have any discussion or anything curiosity worthy of sharing about the video since you don't seem to want to discuss it here. I've tried a few times to get you to discuss it, and you rather direct to another website. Rather unfortunate that. 

I do want to discuss it but I'm about to head out. I understand if you're not interested in watching the video. I suppose it goes along with having enough desire to know many other things that go beyond what appears to be the things we're only supposed to be curious about.

Thank you for your replies.

Edited by Will Due

3 hours ago, Will Due said:

I didnt watched the video but I dont think that any of the professionell scientists shown in the first image of the video, see above, would or had (Rubin/Zwicky) agreed with the bumbling ideas claimed in the video. Such mimicry is a common and typical tool of the pseudo-science community to try to back their confusing claims.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

I find the video of value because it confirms what I always suspected about what the Urantia Book reveals to be true (about cosmology)

Hi Will

This comment seems like confirmation bias and no I didn't watch the video and am still waiting for answers to the questions that I asked earlier in this thread.

• Like 6

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked