Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

COVID-19: Austria to impose lockdown on all unvaccinated people from midnight

Still Waters

Austria is putting all unvaccinated residents into lockdown from midnight on Sunday, the government has said.

Anyone over the age of 12 who has not been double-jabbed will only be allowed to leave their homes for work, school, exercise and buying essential supplies.

The lockdown will affect around two million of Austria's 8.9 million population and last for 10 days before being reviewed.

On Friday, the government announced plans to lockdown the unvaccinated in two regions - Upper Austria and Salzburg - but this has now been extended to the rest of the country.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-austria-to-impose-lockdown-on-all-unvaccinated-people-from-midnight-12468578

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

That's an awful lot of people unvaccinated.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

They're doing the right thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

This worked out really well last time it was tried in Austria.

Back in the mid 1930's, they had a similar epidemic with Typhus going around. Luckily there was this "lockdown hero" called Joseph Goebbels who pinpointed the group responsible for spreading disease. They government managed to round up and isolate these people from society before they could spread the disease, and all it took was for Police and Military to be on the streets asking for your government approved paperwork.

These Anti Vaxers don't know history, and it shows. This has been done before and the disease stopped spreading!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I thought the whole reason behind getting vaccinated was to protect the people who cannot get them.  Now, the hate and derision towards us is unbelievable.  The whole idea of a vaccine is to protect against infection.  Now, the vaccinated are stating they need to be protected from the unvaccinated.  How is this logical?  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I thought the whole reason behind getting vaccinated was to protect the people who cannot get them.  Now, the hate and derision towards us is unbelievable.  The whole idea of a vaccine is to protect against infection.  Now, the vaccinated are stating they need to be protected from the unvaccinated.  How is this logical?  

No hate

It's important that everyone who is able to get the vaccine get vaccinated in order to build up heard immunity.

If lots of people is immune the virus has less opportunity to spread. 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

I love this. Excellent to see, Austria.

Unvaccinated people without genuine medical exemption can **** right off. It's been nearly 2 years. If you're too thick to read a goddamm article about why you not being vaccinated screws all of us, then please let us introduce you to the consequences of your actions.

If you're not going to do your bit to protect the society you live in, then enjoy not being a part of it anymore.

We would have wiped this out in a couple of months if everyone had just followed NZ and Australia

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

We would have wiped this out in a couple of months if everyone had just followed NZ 

:D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Wow. A whole 210 cases per day. While the US has 1,600 deaths per day.

I mean, New Zealand has only had 33 total deaths throughout the whole pandemic.

What point were you trying to make again? 

And the only reason they have any cases at all is due to infected people coming into the country.

Also, the vaccination rate is 90% and 80% for first and second jabs respectively, so they're pretty well protected from the need for harsh restrictions. This means that those numbers from the graph you posted destroy your crippled attempt at making a point even further. I'll let you try to work out why, because you are obviously have a serious need of training your brain to think critically.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

If lots of people is immune the virus has less opportunity to spread. 

If people are immune for the wart viruses, they have no need to kill those who are not immune.

The only certain way to reduce the risk by half, though, is to kill all females. For half the number of people, half the risk of infection.

To be truly safe from warts, I ought to kill all seven or eight billion people, including their puppy dogs ... Better be safe than sorry ...

(I do hope everyone concludes that I am a stark raving mad sociopath. But most people usually being dimwits, I fear they won't ...)

• Like 1

About two million people who have not been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 have been placed in lockdown in Austria as the country faces a surge in cases.

"We are not taking this step lightly, but unfortunately it is necessary," Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg said.

Unvaccinated people will only be permitted to leave home for limited reasons, like working or buying food.

Covid: Austria introduces lockdown for unvaccinated - BBC News

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Sad 1

The little corporal would be proud of his native Austria, eh?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

No, I have experienced hate.  Called a liar because I am 'just making excuses'.  The same people who preach for love of their fellow citizens are spewing hatred fir the non-vaxxed.  Calling for someone to die, lose their job, their home because they can't or are unsure of getting the vaccine.   And to feel justified being so cruel, it saddens me that society has gotten to this

I know you have, dear and I'm so sorry. Pompous, self-righteous people will turn on you in a heartbeat to feign superiority. I'm shocked at the horrendous things they've wished on people and would enact if they could.

You are welcome in my house any time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

I know you have, dear and I'm so sorry. Pompous, self-righteous people will turn on you in a heartbeat to feign superiority. I'm shocked at the horrendous things they've wished on people and would enact if they could.

Thank you, Michelle,  it has been stressful.  I even quit my job to take a different job so I would have less direct contact with customers.   It is very disheartening that some people are treating each other so horribly.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, glorybebe said:

If you were to read the scientific evidence, which is available to anyone who can read, you would recognize the logic, but because you are ill-informed, you do not recognize it. Pity.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, acidhead said:

Hitler was born in Austria.

France has a very good railroad network.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, toast said:

If you were to read the scientific evidence, which is available to anyone who can read, you would recognize the logic, but because you are ill-informed, you do not recognize it. Pity.

Wow!  I have read my province's recommendations and they tell me that with my health issues I should not get it.  The health authority nurse recommended I not get it.  Maybe YOU need to some reading and not be so ill informed when it comes to people with autoimmune diseases, drug allergies,  shot allergies, food allergies, metal allergies and pre-existing heart conditions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, glorybebe said:

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

You are both welcome in my house! 

I will send you both a PM I got some information to share.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked
8 hours ago, LightAngel said:

You are both welcome in my house! 

I will send you both a PM I got some information to share.

Thank you.  It is nice to know that there are still caring people out there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, aztek said:

Nazis and Germany taught so too, in 1930-40s

Ze Germanz ! Klopp!

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Haha 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked