Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

COVID-19: Austria to impose lockdown on all unvaccinated people from midnight

Still Waters

1 minute ago, Katniss said:

Not only that, finally, now there is a game changer to turn the Covid-19 pandemic.

Britain Becomes First Country to Approve Merck’s COVID-19 Antiviral Treatment

I wish the FDA would hurry up and approve this here in the U.S. We need to get this going.

Looks very promising. I did a thread on molnupiravir a couple months ago. Hopefully an oral option will help bring up immunity rates. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Looks very promising. I did a thread on molnupiravir a couple months ago. Hopefully an oral option will help bring up immunity rates. 

It does. Very promising. I had no idea it existed until I read about Britain approving the Merck antiviral version. But I'm glad they did. And Merck and Pfizer are trying to get their versions FDA approved here in the U.S. I'm currently watching breakthrough covid cases in Britain to see how Merck's antiviral pill helps patients that can have immune issues with comorbidities.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Katniss said:

It does. Very promising. I had no idea it existed until I read about Britain approving the Merck antiviral version. But I'm glad they did. And Merck and Pfizer are trying to get their versions FDA approved here in the U.S. I'm currently watching breakthrough covid cases in Britain to see how Merck's antiviral pill helps patients that can have immune issues with comorbidities.

Agreed. Everything that actually helps is great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Protests in Europe because of Covid lockdowns.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59369488

Last week Austria became the first European country to make Covid vaccination a legal requirement, with the law due to take effect in February. Politicians in neighbouring Germany are debating similar measures as intensive care units there fill up and case numbers hit fresh records.

Edited by susieice
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I don't believe in stories about high incidence of myocarditis, in children who are tasting something (or whatever you tried to spell there) or in adults. Because high incidence couldn't be hidden. If it exists in propaganda on social networks only, it is propaganda only.  

Myocarditis is another very rare complication that may be linked to intramuscular injections, but no one died yet. No one. Not one. 

Just because anti-vaxers claim any chest discomfort or pain is myocarditis doesn't make it myocarditis. But it does make them seem like hysteric troglodytes which they in fact are. 

Forgive me for I exhausted my patience with you. This is not your fault. It's the fault of psychopaths who use simple people as a weapon.  

It is a proven fact that many politicians are psychopaths. Hopefully that will help stop you being used as a weapon of pharma, media and passport control. You're right it isn't your fault.

• Confused 2

Dodging bullets isn't the best way to avoid them--everyone needs vaccinated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

It is a proven fact that many politicians are psychopaths. Hopefully that will help stop you being used as a weapon of pharma, media and passport control. You're right it isn't your fault.

Don't ever look in the mirror dude!;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Don't ever look in the mirror dude!;)

Why? Do you appear when I ask it who has been duped by the media and government the most?

• Haha 2

On 11/21/2021 at 6:18 AM, Helen of Annoy said:

What's the mortality rate?

Precisely the same as it has been since day one... >2%, >5% sick enough to be hospitalized.  Those are facts.  Millions more around the world have died DUE TO the interventions on our economies and our lives than would have died had this virus burned through the population like H1N1 did in 1918-1920.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/17/2021 at 6:15 PM, moonman said:

It's the go-to for people who can't come with a viable argument.

Who says free people should even NEED an argument for refusing vaccines they do not trust?  This kind of government overreach is precisely how every totalitarian regime began.  The fact that one group feel comfortable in their chains while others do not is a totally natural outcome.  If you think you'll ever be able to comply your way out of tyranny, you are self-deluded.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 11/19/2021 at 1:36 PM, Essan said:

(Bear in mind we are talking the free world, not the USA where I understand you need to pay for emergency hospital care :o )

You only have the partial truth there.  In the U.S. NO ONE can be legally refused emergency medical care.  NO ONE.  Do they send bills?  Sure.  The indigent who cannot pay simply don't pay.  It doesn't mean they can be refused the care.  There are posters in every ER in multiple languages that explain this law.  You should at least get your facts straight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

Precisely the same as it has been since day one... >2%, >5% sick enough to be hospitalized.  Those are facts.  Millions more around the world have died DUE TO the interventions on our economies and our lives than would have died had this virus burned through the population like H1N1 did in 1918-1920.  

Millions around the world didn't die because of interventions in our economies. It's such an irrational statement. 

You can clearly see excess deaths due to Covid, but there's no excess deaths due to starvation or suicide. 

My country is small, so our numbers sound small - there's average of 50 dead from Covid per day, always about 80% and more of them not vaccinated. (I'm using my own country's example because I'm certain the numbers are correct. This is one just too small place, any manipulations would be obvious right from the start.)

That's the mortality ratio that's important here. Vaccinated are not likely to die from Covid. 

Covid may kill you (it doesn't have to, but it may) even if you're vaccinated, but the chances are radically lower. 

This is why people should be vaccinated but the usual measures should still be applied. 

I saw an acquaintance of mine today, for the first time since she caught Covid. She spent months in intensive care and she's got about 40% of her lungs left. She's still full of antibodies, but we still both wore masks because only a soulless idiot would risk making her even think of being infected again.    

I'm trying to say that mortality is not too high until it's you dying. When it's you, then it's too damn high.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/21/2021 at 7:50 PM, Manwon Lender said:

He is telling a story, there are no facts to support his comments, so yea I think he completely misunderstood Schindlers List!

Never seen it, but I suppose next time I reference creating 2nd class citizens I better quote the movie correctly.

How about you keep justifying removing human rights from humans?

I'm sure this time you will be on the "right side" of history.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, and then said:

Millions more around the world have died DUE TO the interventions on our economies and our lives than would have died had this virus burned through the population like H1N1 did in 1918-1920.  

Did you find any actual evidence for this claim yet?

• Thanks 2

Thread cleaned

Keep it civil please - there are way too many personal attacks being thrown around in this thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

It is if the jab makes zero difference to the death rate but causes illness and death. 

I mean, I know this information is known about and not yet hit the media so many here will not know this yet as that's where they get their advice from, but it's true. 

First published back in July by 32 authors and posted on MedRxiv but ignoring evidence is the new science I guess.

This is illogical. If it makes zero difference with Covid, but does routinely cause deadly side-effects, then there would be a lot more dead vaccinated people, than dead unvaccinated. 

Statistics says otherwise. 

You can't believe in illogical claims for long, all you have to do is count your friends, coworkers, neighbours etc. who died of Covid and those who died of the vaccine. 

In my country, everyone knows at least someone who died of Covid, but no one knows anyone who died of the vaccine. 

Can you notice I'm respecting your choice to not trust to official sources? So I'm telling you how it looks like in real life. You take a look around you too and you'll see the same. People are not dropping dead from the vaccine, they do die from Covid. Fortunately, not in double-digit percentage, but any percentage is too high for a preventable disease. 

• Like 3

On 11/21/2021 at 7:42 AM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Un jabbbed or jabbed, same viral load. 

And... so?  I think you are confused on what the purpose of vaccines is, which you should really know if you're simultaneously going to complain about 'anti-science'.

On 11/21/2021 at 7:42 AM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

So no idea how many die from the jab or covid.

Many of us have noticed that we have data about covid before there was any jab at all, among other evidence, so maybe the 'no idea' applies only to you.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 9:18 PM, Helen of Annoy said:

What's the mortality rate? 

It's true that the currently available vaccines can't stop one from catching COVID-19, if they were exposed to large amount of virus (for example, sharing a closed space for a prolonged period of time with unvaccinated infected person) but they lower the chances of developing severe form of the disease.   

There's very big difference between being vaccinated, catching COVID, shedding little to no virus and surviving - or not being vaccinated, catching COVID, shedding a lot of virus and dying on ventilator.   

COVID vaccine was made into a political question, while it shouldn't be political at all, it's a matter of protecting your health. 

Regarding minuscule amounts of this or that compound in the vaccine, there are hefty amounts of all kinds of carcinogenic and outright dangerous stuff in sausages yet no one refuses sausages on grounds of civil rights. (All right, vegetarians do, but "organic" veggies are often full of unwanted substances too, in amounts hilariously higher than it's possible to find in a vaccine.)

Grow up, people. 

Stupid arguments against the vaccine only make legitimate complaints harder to be recognized as such. If you want pristine safety in pharmaceutical products (I do) then stop creating climate where any complaint is seen as conspiracy crap.  

Hey Helen hope all is well. You asked about mortality rate above, close to 1% for the vaccinated including those with breakthrough infections. For unvaccinated Americans the mortality rate is above 4% and rising from June to September 2021 Nationwide 90,000 Unvaccinated Americans died from COVID 19. That is more than the total number of Americans that died in the first 8 months of the Pandemic. 

The next major mortality and health assessment will come out in early Jan 2022, these assements are calculated on a quarterly bases. But, I have been staying up to date and from 1 Oct until today's date the statistics are already higher than the previous report for a little over one half a quarter. 

""This brief revisits where deaths from COVID-19 rank among leading causes of death in the U.S. We find that COVID-19 was the second leading cause of death in September 2021. We also find in September COVID-19 was the number 1 cause of death for people age 35-54 and among the top 7 leading causes of death for people in other age groups.

We also estimate how many COVID-19 deaths were among unvaccinated adults and could have been prevented since June 2021 when safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines became widely available to all adults in the U.S. From June through September 2021, approximately 90,000 COVID-19 deaths among adults likely would have been prevented with vaccination.""

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/brief/covid19-and-other-leading-causes-of-death-in-the-us/

Take my Sister.:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

This is illogical. If it makes zero difference with Covid, but does routinely cause deadly side-effects, then there would be a lot more dead vaccinated people, than dead unvaccinated. 

Statistics says otherwise. 

You can't believe in illogical claims for long, all you have to do is count your friends, coworkers, neighbours etc. who died of Covid and those who died of the vaccine. 

In my country, everyone knows at least someone who died of Covid, but no one knows anyone who died of the vaccine. 

Can you notice I'm respecting your choice to not trust to official sources? So I'm telling you how it looks like in real life. You take a look around you too and you'll see the same. People are not dropping dead from the vaccine, they do die from Covid. Fortunately, not in double-digit percentage, but any percentage is too high for a preventable disease. 

Dead jabbed or dead unjabbed, they all get reported as covid.

People not dropping dead? There are reports everywhere.

Eight nations so far have now stopped jabbing kids due to myocarditis reports globally but the issue is much bigger than that. 

It's a huge scandal. No wonder they've buried data. How v scientific. Cos science is all about burying data, yes that last sentence is sarcasm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Never seen it, but I suppose next time I reference creating 2nd class citizens I better quote the movie correctly.

How about you keep justifying removing human rights from humans?

I'm sure this time you will be on the "right side" of history.

Let me put it to this way below is your post I was referring to:

""This worked out really well last time it was tried in Austria. Back in the mid 1930's, they had a similar epidemic with Typhus going around. Luckily there was this "lockdown hero" called Joseph Goebbels who pinpointed the group responsible for spreading disease. They government managed to round up and isolate these people from society before they could spread the disease, and all it took was for Police and Military to be on the streets asking for your government approved paperwork."" These Anti Vaxers don't know history, and it shows. This has been done before and the disease stopped spreading!""

Everything you said above is a complete fabrication none of it is true and in your quote you tell me maybe I will be on the right side of History this time. My friend by the comments I quoted above your in no position to discuss history. 

So please do me a favor don't quote me again until you can correct the false, inaccurate historical comments you made on the first page of the thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Dead jabbed or dead unjabbed, they all get reported as covid.

People not dropping dead? There are reports everywhere.

Eight nations so far have now stopped jabbing kids due to myocarditis reports globally but the issue is much bigger than that. 

It's a huge scandal. No wonder they've buried data. How v scientific. Cos science is all about burying data, yes that last sentence is sarcasm.

Wow, I have asked you to back up your comments with sourced Medical Journals previously. So now I will ask again, please supply a source for your comments, if you refuse which is your choice I am going to report this as intentionally spreading misinformation, and spreading Conspiracy Theories. 

When we post statistically information we are obligated to supply supporting sources if another forum member requests one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

And... so?  I think you are confused on what the purpose of vaccines is, which you should really know if you're simultaneously going to complain about 'anti-science'.

Many of us have noticed that we have data about covid before there was any jab at all, among other evidence, so maybe the 'no idea' applies only to you.

I think you need to read the context of the responses to the questions posed. 

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

Wow, I have asked you to back up your comments with sourced Medical Journals previously. So now I will ask again, please supply a source for your comments, if you refuse which is your choice I am going to report this as intentionally spreading misinformation, and spreading Conspiracy Theories. 

When we post statistically information we are obligated to supply supporting sources if another forum member requests one.

Manwom, you repeatedly say you will never enter into chat with me.

Wanna play again? 

Start with the MedRxiv article I mentioned above.

Goodbye Manwon.

5 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Manwom, you repeatedly say you will never enter into chat with me.

Wanna play again? 

Start with the MedRxiv article I mentioned above.

Goodbye Manwon.

I will do like said, because there is no need for inaccurate and false statements being pushed in this threads, if you choose not to supply sources for your comments I will just do like I said.

thanks

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Let me put it to this way below is your post I was referring to:

""This worked out really well last time it was tried in Austria. Back in the mid 1930's, they had a similar epidemic with Typhus going around. Luckily there was this "lockdown hero" called Joseph Goebbels who pinpointed the group responsible for spreading disease. They government managed to round up and isolate these people from society before they could spread the disease, and all it took was for Police and Military to be on the streets asking for your government approved paperwork."" These Anti Vaxers don't know history, and it shows. This has been done before and the disease stopped spreading!""

Everything you said above is a complete fabrication none of it is true and in your quote you tell me maybe I will be on the right side of History this time. My friend by the comments I quoted above your in no position to discuss history. 

So please do me a favor don't quote me again until you can correct the false, inaccurate historical comments you made on the first page of the thread. 

I understood Hugh Mungus' post to be a joke( a good one!) and I'm wondering why you took it literally.

• This topic was locked and unlocked