Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

COVID-19: Austria to impose lockdown on all unvaccinated people from midnight


Still Waters
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Right to privacy, travel, refuse medical treatment, to not be discriminated against...

I could go on, but what is the point

Your right to privacy is already curtailed when you are employed, which I'm assuming is the situation you are referring to there.  Your right to travel hasn't changed, and methods of travel you may want to use have always had restrictions.  Your right to refuse medical treatment is as absolute as it has ever been.  You have no right to not be discriminated against unless you are a member of a protected class.

Since you're naming rights that you don't even currently have I have to kinda agree, not sure there is any point in you going on unless you can come up with a 'human right' that actually applies here.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Your right to privacy is already curtailed when you are employed, which I'm assuming is the situation you are referring to there.  Your right to travel hasn't changed, and methods of travel you may want to use have always had restrictions.  Your right to refuse medical treatment is as absolute as it has ever been.  You have no right to not be discriminated against unless you are a member of a protected class.

Since you're naming rights that you don't even currently have I have to kinda agree, not sure there is any point in you going on unless you can come up with a 'human right' that actually applies here.

 

I am required to present medical information to shopkeepers before I can enter their shops. This is contrary to my right to privacy and my right to not be discriminated against ( my protected class is human being)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

I am required to present medical information to shopkeepers before I can enter their shops. This is contrary to my right to privacy and my right to not be discriminated against ( my protected class is human being)

If someone walks into any business with a support animal it is illegal to ask them what disability they might have to warrant it. As far as I'm concerned it's basically the same thing.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

I am required to present medical information to shopkeepers before I can enter their shops. This is contrary to my right to privacy and my right to not be discriminated against ( my protected class is human being)

You are not required to enter a shop, so whats your problem?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, toast said:

You are not required to enter a shop, so whats your problem?

Yeah I don't need to eat, cloth myself or participate in society. That's for humans

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Michelle said:

If someone walks into any business with a support animal it is illegal to ask them what disability they might have to warrant it. As far as I'm concerned it's basically the same thing.

Where i live, if businesses don't enforce the covid restrictions they can be fined 15k per offense. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Yeah I don't need to eat, cloth myself or participate in society. That's for humans

Delivery services are doing the trick. Or vaccination.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Where i live, if businesses don't enforce the covid restrictions they can be fined 15k per offense.

There are only a few places here that are still requiring masks. If you happen to forget they either offer you one, like at the doctor's offices, or go on with their business.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Where i live, if businesses don't enforce the covid restrictions they can be fined 15k per offense. 

There's your problem.  You live in a place that doesn't respect the Queen's English.

Liberals:rolleyes:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

 I just want privacy

Its your choice, you can have all the privacy you want.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hugh Mungus said:

I am required to present medical information to shopkeepers before I can enter their shops. This is contrary to my right to privacy and my right to not be discriminated against ( my protected class is human being)

No, human being is not a protected class.  As usual, these arguments entirely ignore the rights of business owners, don't those matter?  If you are a business owner, do you think you have to let in someone who has no shoes on?  Or someone who is ranting loudly in your store?  I'm not positive but I think the general rules in the US are that as long as you are not discriminating against someone for their race, sex, religion, etc, then business owners can order them to leave your store/restaurant/etc for any reason or no reason at all.  It's obviously probably bad for business if not justified, but it's legal and I think should be.  I have trouble thinking that you wouldn't claim the same right for yourself, and 'I don't want people spreading diseases in my store' is a pretty justified one.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

If someone walks into any business with a support animal it is illegal to ask them what disability they might have to warrant it. As far as I'm concerned it's basically the same thing.

What about this confuses you LG?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

If someone walks into any business with a support animal it is illegal to ask them what disability they might have to warrant it. As far as I'm concerned it's basically the same thing.

The vast majority of people with support animals do not have those animals because of a contagious disease, that seems to make it significantly different. 

I'm probably misremembering but for some reason I thought you were a business owner or had a store or something, I was thinking about what that would be like when I replied to Mungus that more than just his 'rights' matter.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I'm probably misremembering but for some reason I thought you were a business owner or had a store or something, I was thinking about what that would be like when I replied to Mungus that more than just his 'rights' matter.

We do own a business. We don't ask if people have been vaccinated. I would take great offence to the government charging me a huge fine for that personal choice.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, toast said:

Its your choice, you can have all the privacy you want.

If he is talking about the NZ Pass Verifier, medical information is not shared.  Privacy is maintained.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Michelle said:

We do own a business. We don't ask if people have been vaccinated. I would take great offence to the government charging me a huge fine for that personal choice.

Actually I missed where the idea of having to show medical information to enter shops originally came up in the thread.  I'm not sure if Mungus is in the US but I've only had to show my vaccination card once so far for a concert I went to, and I'm in Michigan which is supposedly one of the most "Marxist"/extreme/overbearing governments supposedly according to what I've read from all the people who don't live here.

As a business owner, do you think you should be able to get rid of any customers for any reason you want to (other than in illegal discrimination)?  I don't run my own business so may be overlooking some issues that you would be more familiar with from your experience with it, but sure seems like I would want that right.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

As a business owner, do you think you should be able to get rid of any customers for any reason you want to (other than in illegal discrimination)?  I don't run my own business so may be overlooking some issues that you would be more familiar with from your experience with it, but sure seems like I would want that right.  

Unfortunately, jerks come in all colors, sexual orientations, religion whatever. For every one minority we've decided not to do business with there have been probably five or six straight whites in comparison. None of them were discrimination, but you have to be very careful. If someone wants something custom built or repaired by next week you tell them you can't get to it for at least three weeks and recommend someone for them to contact. That works for our welding business.

Having a shop or a restaurant would be extremely difficult.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

OK, what point have I made in the past for which you would like me to provide peer-reviewed sources? :)

 

In what context?

Peer-reviewed sources != narratives being driven by the government/BBC. I don't really take the media/government's word for being worth any more than the paper it is written on. If I find a particular claim to be curious, I research it further. You must be confusing me for somebody else. 

Start with the Medrxiv article I posted. Where's your counter argument srtivle? But why not just post a file with your research?

I know you'll post that file, so thanks in advance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Start with the Medrxiv article I posted. Where's your counter argument srtivle? But why not just post a file with your research?

I know you'll post that file, so thanks in advance. 

Which article was that again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

If he is talking about the NZ Pass Verifier, medical information is not shared.  Privacy is maintained.

What the hell do you mean privacy is maintained? I need to present a photo ID and scan an app. Get ****ed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, toast said:

Its your choice, you can have all the privacy you want.

And keep my rights? Do you want to see my papers as well Mr Authoritarian German

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Do you want to see my papers as well Mr Authoritarian German

I can tell you where you can put your papers.

And BTW: Mr. Smart German not Mr Authoritarian German.

Edited by toast
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

What the hell do you mean privacy is maintained? I need to present a photo ID and scan an app. Get ****ed

Going by official information

Quote

Scanning a pass doesn't tell you whether a person is fully vaccinated or not – just if they meet the vaccination requirements. A person can either be fully vaccinated or medically exempt (a very small number of New Zealanders will be exempt). This maintains the privacy of those who medically cannot be vaccinated.

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines/my-covid-record-proof-vaccination-status/nz-pass-verifier

I don't believe you; but, if you had legitimate grievances The NZ Privacy Commissioner would take action on your behalf for free.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Which article was that again?

See, you can't even a. Follow one thread, b. scroll back, c. State your vast article resources.

Scroll up. 

And before that, share your huge library of articles...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • This topic was locked and unlocked

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.