Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US must have only one religion

Eldorado

On 11/15/2021 at 6:41 PM, RavenHawk said:

And as I've said, the Marxist mind has no grasp of history.

I think you will find that in the real world there are far fewer marxist than you think.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

As far as I know I'm absent of god, so do you think I'm evil ?

Well… you ARE A Dane. Who knows what your planning. 

• Haha 4

On 11/14/2021 at 10:23 PM, Eldorado said:

Disgraced former Donald Trump aide Michael Flynn has sparked outrage by saying that the US must have only one religion.

who cares?? oh yeah, the religious- silly me 

To make it fair, to not give advantage to any particular group, it would probably be best to make it a religion that not many believe in today, maybe "one nation united under Odin" or "one nation united under Zeus" ;-) .

Edited by fred_mc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well… you ARE A Dane. Who knows what your planning. 

Danes don't have time to plan, we are far too busy doing immoral stuff.

• Haha 4

This thread is an IQ test.

A guy said he wants one religion. One. 

How stupid a person has to be, in order to accept that when a guy says "one religion" he really meant a bunch of those? 

• Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 11:47 PM, thedutchiedutch said:

Left or right, you can't fix stupid :(

Trump was the most hilarious US President I have ever seen.

Biden, he is funny too but for different reasons. Trump liked to wind people up while Biden has the cognitive capacity of a slightly conscious although severally retarded cabbage. 

Since when did politics get so funny and entertaining?

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Who decides what it means to have the right moral compass ?

Well I wasn’t going to assume, but since you asked, ok I’ll do it. 

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Well I wasn’t going to assume, but since you asked, ok I’ll do it. 

Its a good thing I'm not American then.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2021 at 11:57 AM, Doug1066 said:

Luther is seen among Protestants as their prophet.  He is thought of as a good man trying to oppose corruption.  But he was other things, too.  Here are some excerpts from his pamphlet On the Jews and Their Lies:

But since I learned that these miserable and accursed people to lure themselves even to us…I have published this little book.  Our Lord calls them a “brood of vipers.”  Therefore the blind Jews are truly stupid fools.  Wherever they have their synagogues, nothing is found but a den of devils in which sheer self-glory, conceit, lies, blasphemy and defaming of God and men are practiced most maliciously.  They are nothing but thieves and robbers who daily eat no morsel nor wear no thread of clothing which they have not stolen and pilfered from us by means of their accursed usury.  Did I not tell you earlier that a Jew is such a noble, precious jewel that God and all the angels dance when he farts?   We must avoid confirming them in their wicked lying, slandering, cursing and defaming.  Nor dare we make ourselves partners in their devilish ranting and raving by shielding and protecting them, by giving them food, drink and shelter, or by other neighborly acts.  Gentle mercy will only tend to make them worse and worse, while sharp mercy will reform them but little.  Therefore, in any case, away with them!  Their synagogues must be burned down.  Their prayer books, their Talmudic writings, also the entire Bible – be taken away from them.  They be forbidden to pray, to teach publicly.  They must be driven from our country.  May Christ our Lord convert them mercifully and preserve us steadfastly and irremovably in the knowledge of him which is eternal life.  Amen.

Thus the Protestant church was racist from its beginning, laying the foundations for the Holocaust.

Doug

Doug, friend, you - we, are fighting a war that cannot be won, yet. While all religions may be divinly inspired they are all man made. Made to control the masses. Made to incite hate not love, fear not enlightment, sheckles not freedom.

The history keeps on repeating and we never learn from it.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, South Alabam said:

So if we are Chrtistian and Jweish only, then all the others won't be allowed? Only Christianity or Judaism will be respected? Or will the others be prohibited? They would have to be according Flynn's words.

Flynn’s words did not covey that.  You didn’t listen close enough.  He was referencing Matthew 5:14.  He’s very close to what the Founding Fathers thought, about how this [melting pot] nation will be the light of the world.  Where did you come up with “only”?  Perhaps you should have also read my prior post (#61).  It was a response to another post but the two (#61 & #63) are of the same thought.  In fact, they are companions to this post.  This country is Christian dominant and it has always been.  That doesn’t mean “only” or “exclusively”.  If we truly follow the tenets of the faith (not of the religion), then it becomes all-inclusive.  And there may be a time that it no longer is a Christian nation, but it won’t be from fundamental change.  But by then, hopefully things like race and religion won’t matter.

In Matthew 9:9-13:

As Jesus went on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax booth. “Follow Me,” He told him, and Matthew got up and followed Him.  Later, as Jesus was dining at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with Him and His disciples.  When the Pharisees saw this, they asked His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”  On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.  But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

We are *ALL* sinners.  No other faith makes that claim of mercy.  No other deity has sacrificed himself for the salvation of his people.  Not even the not so tolerant Islam.  The History of Christianity is full of forced conversion and sacrifice too.  No religion is untarnished.  This is what differentiates the religion from the faith.  People of faith may be of different religions, but they share the same basic morals.  Some ask, what are morals (who’s morals)?  That can easily be addressed by a quick analysis of the Mosaic law (or even the 5 Pillars).  The Mosaic law is the law of Moses as laid out in the Pentateuch.  There are 613 Mitzvah, which includes the Ten Commandments.  I’ll leave it as an exercise for the reader, but these Commandments can be reduced down to 3.  Looking at the Ten Commandments, they can be categorized into 3 groups.  Respect of yourself, Respect of others, and Respect of GOD.  In many places, GOD says that he will write the law onto our hearts (the Law is Respect – natural rights).  And the evil one has been twisting this understanding.  But even the unbeliever lives by those laws, but it is more out of mimicry and practicality than out of faith.  All faiths are bound together with respect.  Sometimes, it is difficult to recognize that fact.  History has been a struggle to achieve that realization.  Religion gets in the way.  This progression of stumbles just shows the tenaciousness of the human spirit to achieve righteousness.  The human spirit can never be defeated.  We see faith in action today as more and more people of all faiths across the planet take a stand against mandates, Marxism, CRT, hate, etc.

Religion is the organizational structure of the faith into its many flavors.  The core faith is shared by all.  My belief is that all religions today, in one way or another, evolved from an original faith from the time of “the Tower of Babel”.  After the scattering of the people, these different groups formed their own understanding of the old faith.  The ancient religions of Egypt, Babylonia, Persia, etc. came into being.  Only Judaism and Hinduism remain and from these, other religions have evolved.  The Founding Fathers saw it this way when they created our Founding Documents.  The Constitution not only works for government, free market, individual rights, but also religion and a moral population.

If this was not so, then why is there a Trinity in Christianity and a Trimurti in Hinduism?  In Islam, of the two main sects, their savior is called the Mahdi.  The Sunnis believe that he has not come yet.  The Shia believe that he has been here but went into Occultation after the death of his father (11th Imam).  Aren’t these two beliefs very similar to the status of the Messiah and the Second Coming?  If you consider that it is just a coincidence that the Trinity and the Trimurti are similar because 3 is a common number, this split concept of the Mahdi/Jesus cannot be.

On 11/20/2021 at 6:56 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

As far as I know I'm absent of god, so do you think I'm evil ?

You said it, I didn’t.  But no, *I* don’t think you are evil, but one can still be a tool of evil.  But until your death without accepting Christ, the potential remains high.  I believe in second chances.  You do you!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/20/2021 at 6:58 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I think you will find that in the real world there are far fewer marxist than you think.

There aren’t a large number (does there have to be) but they have a huge following of useful idiots around them that they can manipulate.  How many Red Guard was there?  How many brownshirts were there.  How many Antifa/BLM are there?

On 11/21/2021 at 12:27 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Who decides what it means to have the right moral compass ?

Whatever his slave master tells him.

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

In many places, GOD says that he will write the law onto our hearts (the Law is Respect – natural rights).

Because GOD is as ignorant of human biology as his authors.  BTW I don't recall ever wanting to execute anyone for working on the Sabbath.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

You said it, I didn’t.  But no, *I* don’t think you are evil, but one can still be a tool of evil.  But until your death without accepting Christ, the potential remains high.  I believe in second chances.  You do you!

If religion gives you a better moral compass, why is it that countries with a low level of religious belief overwhelmingly tend to have less crime ?

Why is it that prisons are full of religious people ?

Maybe having a moral compass made by bronzeage Middle Eastern sheppards isn't as great as you think it is ? 

You do you i guess, but please give those questions an honest thought.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

If religion gives you a better moral compass, why is it that countries with a low level of religious belief overwhelmingly tend to have less crime ?

Maybe having a moral compass made by bronzeage Middle Eastern sheppards isn't as great as you think it is ? 

You do you i guess, but please give those questions an honest thought.

84% of the world’s population identifies with a religious group

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/aug/27/religion-why-is-faith-growing-and-what-happens-next

11 hours ago, South Alabam said:

“If we are going to have one nation under God, which we must, we have to have one religion.”

Whats wrong with "Sol Invictus" - the Roman Sun God. That'll sort 'em out.

On 11/20/2021 at 11:38 AM, Doug1066 said:

That is because Marxism has little history of its own.  It really began in 1848, making it 173 years old this year.

That’s not what is being conveyed here.  I’m not talking about its history.  I’m talking about its tendency to ignore history and destroy it.  Marxism was just one of the latest.  Tyranny has been with man since the beginning.  From time to time, it just changes form.

It also contains one glaring error:  society does not evolve the way Marx theorized that it did. 

Marx was wrong with just about everything.  Yet, dictators utilize his precepts as the basis of their rule.

10 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Poor equivalency.  All one can say is that a country has less reported crime.  Doesn’t mean there is less crime.  A moral people would be more honest.

We are all sinners.  But through grace, we get all the second chances we need.  It’s not the destination but the journey, being able to correct mistakes.

Morals were not made by shepherds.  Shepherds could not begin to come up with the intricacies of redemption and salvation.

Well, if you want to call yourself one nation under God, you really should define what God that is. Or be “one nation, under gods”.

• Like 1