Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum update (November 2021)

Saru

Update:

The update has been installed, however work is still ongoing to install the new theme, plugins etc.

Some things will seem broken for a short time while this is being sorted out.

• Like 6

Current known bugs:

• None

Fixed:

• 'Jump to page' box is invisible
  • Search reindexing issue
  • Status update comments
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks good!

• Like 5

What happened to the edit button?   

• Like 1

Sorry, I thought this was something I missed last week while traveling.  I see now that it is today.  Thank you for all your work @Saru and everyone else.   I like the new look.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

What happened to the edit button?   

It's in a drop-down at the top-right accessible via the three dots.

I don't know why Invision has moved it there, I might need to put it back where it was before as it is very easy to miss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Saru said:

It's in a drop-down at the top-right accessible via the three dots.

I don't know why Invision has moved it there, I might need to put it back where it was before as it is very easy to miss.

Thanks.  I see it now.

• Like 3

Update:

Ok, at this point the update is more or less complete, with a couple of exceptions.

There are too many small tweaks/improvements across the board to list every single change, however some of the major ones include:

• New viewing modes for the board and forum indices
  • A new 'topic overview' widget that appears below the first post on a page when viewing threads
  • Improvements to the way unread posts are displayed in threads
  • New forum theme based on the home page design

In addition, we have a brand new achievements and levelling/ranks system, however the data for this is still being processed in the background and might not be completed until tomorrow as it has a lot of content to get through, so I'll post more about this at the time. 

As always, if you have any questions or run into any bugs, please let me know.

Thank you.

• Like 4

I like the new update. My question about the edit button has already been answered, so I know that now. Good job Saru!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Saru

I think the "Read more" threshold on the status updates needs altering.

As I am writing this, there are 2 complete status updates, and 8 say "Read more".

It's rather annoying to not see one whole image, or the "play" button on a video.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, acute said:

@Saru

I think the "Read more" threshold on the status updates needs altering.

As I am writing this, there are 2 complete status updates, and 8 say "Read more".

It's rather annoying to not see one whole image, or the "play" button on a video.

The threshold has now been doubled.

• Thanks 2

Update:

• The 'Psychic Readings' section is temporarily unavailable as it is being merged into the 'Metaphysics and Psychic Phenomena' board.
  • The 'Fact Check Corner' and 'UM Phun Photography Contest' sections have been moved to the forum archives.

Achievements/ranks are still being processed (now 76% complete).

Update:

• The 'Edit' option is now available in both the drop-down and underneath posts (where it originally was) for convenience.
  • Like 2

Update:

• The 'Report' button is now in a more visible location as well.

34 minutes ago, Saru said:

Update:

• The 'Edit' option is now available in both the drop-down and underneath posts (where it originally was) for convenience.

I can't find it :(

edit to say: :blush: hahaha!

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 2

I have a one, a bit of 'trivial' question but... It concerns the avatar symbol at the upper right corner of a forum page (next to the signs of a notifications and a messages). Since yesterday, when a new configuration of the forum was done, every time I enter and open a forum page, that avatar symbol is completelly WHITE in a colour first 2-3 seconds(a white cube)?. And then, after that time, the avatar symbol appears normally. It just ANNOYS me now, every time I oppen a forum page. This has never happened before.

28 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

I have a one, a bit of 'trivial' question but... It concerns the avatar symbol at the upper right corner of a forum page (next to the signs of a notifications and a messages). Since yesterday, when a new configuration of the forum was done, every time I enter and open a forum page, that avatar symbol is completelly WHITE in a colour first 2-3 seconds(a white cube)?. And then, after that time, the avatar symbol appears normally. It just ANNOYS me now, every time I oppen a forum page. This has never happened before.

I've changed the background to transparent to make it less conspicuous when the image is loading - try it again now.

19 minutes ago, acute said:

I can't find an Edit option on Status Updates or Replies.

:blink:

Click the little cog icon underneath the status update.

There should also be an edit option underneath your comment(s) in the popup window.

23 minutes ago, Saru said:

I've changed the background to transparent to make it less conspicuous when the image is loading - try it again now.

It's working a normal now! Thanks Saru. :tu:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Saru said:

Click the little cog icon underneath the status update.

There should also be an edit option underneath your comment(s) in the popup window.

On my status updates, the cog gives me Hide, Report.

On my replies to status updates, 'Options' gives me Hide.

Edited by acute
Expanded for clarity, hopefully.
  • Like 1