Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum update (November 2021)

Saru

@Saru

Hello, it's me again! :D

I'm having a similar problem to the "Sign-out button" issue, on my phone.

On the main Forum page, the "Unexplained-Mysteries.com" button is right up against the (3-line) Menu, which doesn't allow much room for finger error, even when sober. :w00t:

Is there a way to shrink the field slightly, to being the Site ID text only? You can't really miss that, anyway.

4 minutes ago, acute said:

@Saru

Hello, it's me again! :D

I'm having a similar problem to the "Sign-out button" issue, on my phone.

On the main Forum page, the "Unexplained-Mysteries.com" button is right up against the (3-line) Menu, which doesn't allow much room for finger error, even when sober. :w00t:

Is there a way to shrink the field slightly, to being the Site ID text only? You can't really miss that, anyway.

The mobile menu button is consistent with the size and spacing of the other header buttons/links on mobile.

If we shrink the logo any more it'll barely be legible on smaller handsets.

I didn't mean shrink the menu button. :lol:

You can't shrink the "Unexplained Mysteries.com" button area without shrinking the text?

Edited by acute

6 minutes ago, acute said:

I didn't mean shrink the menu button.

You can't shrink the "Unexplained Mysteries.com" button area without shrinking the text? :hmm:

I wasn't sure what you were referring to, but I can see now that the clickable area extends beyond the logo image into the empty space between it and the menu icon.

I'll put it on my todo list as something to look at.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Saru said:

I'll put it on my todo list as something to look at.

Thanks.  It needs the 'Menu button area' extended to the left, as it is on the right. :tu:

(For the record..... I don't have morbidly obese fingers, thank you Aunty Weej)

Edited by acute
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, acute said:

(For the record..... I don't have morbidly obese fingers, thank you Aunty Weej)

It is a well known fact that imbibing Scrumpy Jack on a regular basis makes your fingers swell up. You only have to look at what's dangling out of the cuffs of Prince Charles' tweed jacket to know I'm not lying. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@Saru: sadly, I have just discovered that it is no longer possible to alter the size of the text when typing a comment :(. Will that option be coming back?

22 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

@Saru: sadly, I have just discovered that it is no longer possible to alter the size of the text when typing a comment :(. Will that option be coming back?

I removed it because I didn't think there was any demand for it, plus it helps to keep the text size more consistent in posts.

Did you have a specific use for the text size option ?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Saru said:

I removed it because I didn't think there was any demand for it, plus it helps to keep the text size more consistent in posts.

I did especially in titles when typing responses in threads, and to emphasize words and other specific content. In addition at times when you cut and paste information even though there is a feature at the bottom that will open up and allow pasted text to be converted to plain text, this feature at certain times doesnt work completely, so being able to resize text is helpful'

Thanks

Edited by Manwon Lender

34 minutes ago, Saru said:

Once in a blue moon it was nice to shout really loud :lol:, briefly . . . . or whisper so that only one person can hear :blush:. Just something to help you express yourself accurately. But I do understand why you've done it, some people just can't limit themselves to a word here and there, they seem to think the larger the text the more likely they are to override what others are saying . . . . that's not how it works 'my friend', it just annoys the heck out of everyone :hmm:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

Once in a blue moon it was nice to shout really loud :lol:, briefly . . . .

So..... basically..... you just want to shout at people. :huh:

I'm glad I was sitting down for that revelation.

:whistle:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I've put the size option back for the time being, we can see how it goes. :)

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Saru said:

Fingers crossed! :tu:

15 minutes ago, Saru said:

Thank you Saru!:tu:

14 hours ago, acute said:

So..... basically..... you just want to shout at people. :huh:

I'm glad I was sitting down for that revelation.

:whistle:

Shouts can be the punchline, sometimes.

In those cases, it's an absolute necessity.

Harte

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2021 at 4:16 PM, Harte said:

Shouts can be the punchline, sometimes.

In those cases, it's an absolute necessity.

Harte

Maybe colors should be added too. It'll make it lots easier to know what posts to avoid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is there a way in the new format to synch the notification bell at the top of the page with the notification that appears at the bottom of the page so that if you click on the notification at the bottom of the page, it automatically removes the notification number from the bell?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, joc said:

Is there a way in the new format to synch the notification bell at the top of the page with the notification that appears at the bottom of the page so that if you click on the notification at the bottom of the page, it automatically removes the notification number from the bell?

Are we over-complicating things again? It sounds as if you may be the one out of sync, not the bells and whistles! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, joc said:

Not sure exactly what you mean, but the notification system is heavily integrated into Invision's software, so there's not much I can do to change it.

Anything of this nature would need to be a feature request for a future release of Invision Board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2021 at 8:26 PM, acute said:

I've made some adjustments, are you still experiencing this issue now ?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Saru said:

I've made some adjustments, are you still experiencing this issue now ?

It's perfect now. Thanks for sorting it. :tu:

• Like 1