Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum update (November 2021)


Saru
 Share

Recommended Posts

@Saru

Hello, it's me again! :D

I'm having a similar problem to the "Sign-out button" issue, on my phone.

On the main Forum page, the "Unexplained-Mysteries.com" button is right up against the (3-line) Menu, which doesn't allow much room for finger error, even when sober. :w00t:

Is there a way to shrink the field slightly, to being the Site ID text only? You can't really miss that, anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Posted (IP: Staff) ·
4 minutes ago, acute said:

@Saru

Hello, it's me again! :D

I'm having a similar problem to the "Sign-out button" issue, on my phone.

On the main Forum page, the "Unexplained-Mysteries.com" button is right up against the (3-line) Menu, which doesn't allow much room for finger error, even when sober. :w00t:

Is there a way to shrink the field slightly, to being the Site ID text only? You can't really miss that, anyway.

The mobile menu button is consistent with the size and spacing of the other header buttons/links on mobile.

If we shrink the logo any more it'll barely be legible on smaller handsets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't mean shrink the menu button. :lol:

You can't shrink the "Unexplained Mysteries.com" button area without shrinking the text?

 

Edited by acute
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
6 minutes ago, acute said:

I didn't mean shrink the menu button.

You can't shrink the "Unexplained Mysteries.com" button area without shrinking the text? :hmm:

I wasn't sure what you were referring to, but I can see now that the clickable area extends beyond the logo image into the empty space between it and the menu icon.

I'll put it on my todo list as something to look at.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Saru said:

I'll put it on my todo list as something to look at.

Thanks.  It needs the 'Menu button area' extended to the left, as it is on the right. :tu:

 

(For the record..... I don't have morbidly obese fingers, thank you Aunty Weej)

 

Edited by acute
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, acute said:

(For the record..... I don't have morbidly obese fingers, thank you Aunty Weej)

It is a well known fact that imbibing Scrumpy Jack on a regular basis makes your fingers swell up. You only have to look at what's dangling out of the cuffs of Prince Charles' tweed jacket to know I'm not lying. :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Saru: sadly, I have just discovered that it is no longer possible to alter the size of the text when typing a comment :(. Will that option be coming back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
22 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

@Saru: sadly, I have just discovered that it is no longer possible to alter the size of the text when typing a comment :(. Will that option be coming back?

I removed it because I didn't think there was any demand for it, plus it helps to keep the text size more consistent in posts.

Did you have a specific use for the text size option ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Saru said:

I removed it because I didn't think there was any demand for it, plus it helps to keep the text size more consistent in posts.

Did you have a specific use for the text size option ?

I did especially in titles when typing responses in threads, and to emphasize words and other specific content. In addition at times when you cut and paste information even though there is a feature at the bottom that will open up and allow pasted text to be converted to plain text, this feature at certain times doesnt work completely, so being able to resize text is helpful'

Thanks

Edited by Manwon Lender
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Saru said:

I removed it because I didn't think there was any demand for it, plus it helps to keep the text size more consistent in posts.

Did you have a specific use for the text size option ?

Once in a blue moon it was nice to shout really loud :lol:, briefly . . . . or whisper so that only one person can hear :blush:. Just something to help you express yourself accurately. But I do understand why you've done it, some people just can't limit themselves to a word here and there, they seem to think the larger the text the more likely they are to override what others are saying . . . . that's not how it works 'my friend', it just annoys the heck out of everyone :hmm:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

Once in a blue moon it was nice to shout really loud :lol:, briefly . . . .

So..... basically..... you just want to shout at people. :huh:

I'm glad I was sitting down for that revelation.

:whistle:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Posted (IP: Staff) ·

I've put the size option back for the time being, we can see how it goes. :)

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Saru said:

I've put the size option back for the time being, we can see how it goes. :)

Fingers crossed! :tu:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Saru said:

I've put the size option back for the time being, we can see how it goes. :)

Thank you Saru!:tu:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, acute said:

So..... basically..... you just want to shout at people. :huh:

I'm glad I was sitting down for that revelation.

:whistle:

Shouts can be the punchline, sometimes.

In those cases, it's an absolute necessity.

Harte

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2021 at 4:16 PM, Harte said:

Shouts can be the punchline, sometimes.

In those cases, it's an absolute necessity.

Harte

Maybe colors should be added too. It'll make it lots easier to know what posts to avoid.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a way in the new format to synch the notification bell at the top of the page with the notification that appears at the bottom of the page so that if you click on the notification at the bottom of the page, it automatically removes the notification number from the bell?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, joc said:

Is there a way in the new format to synch the notification bell at the top of the page with the notification that appears at the bottom of the page so that if you click on the notification at the bottom of the page, it automatically removes the notification number from the bell?

Are we over-complicating things again? It sounds as if you may be the one out of sync, not the bells and whistles! ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
6 hours ago, joc said:

Is there a way in the new format to synch the notification bell at the top of the page with the notification that appears at the bottom of the page so that if you click on the notification at the bottom of the page, it automatically removes the notification number from the bell?

Not sure exactly what you mean, but the notification system is heavily integrated into Invision's software, so there's not much I can do to change it.

Anything of this nature would need to be a feature request for a future release of Invision Board.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (IP: Staff) ·
On 11/23/2021 at 8:26 PM, acute said:

On the main Forum page, the "Unexplained-Mysteries.com" button is right up against the (3-line) Menu, which doesn't allow much room for finger error, even when sober. :w00t:

Is there a way to shrink the field slightly, to being the Site ID text only? You can't really miss that, anyway.

I've made some adjustments, are you still experiencing this issue now ?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Saru said:

I've made some adjustments, are you still experiencing this issue now ?

It's perfect now. Thanks for sorting it. :tu:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.