Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The mystery of the clown trail camera pictures

Eldorado

The internet has no shortage of lengthy articles listing spooky pictures that were purportedly captured by trail cameras in the forest. One of the most notorious pairs of trail-camera photographs showed a big, colorful clown approaching the lens. For years, the clown pictures have been endlessly shared without any information to confirm their source.

The first trail camera picture showed a clown appearing to approach the camera to get a closer look.

The photograph showed a watermark for what likely was the old community discussion message board on realtree.com. According to what we found on the website today, that community area no longer exists.

In the second trail camera photograph, the clown was right in front of the lens.

https://www.snopes.com/articles/381361/clown-trail-cam-pictures/

• Like 2

Shades of It. That was creepy!

• Like 3

don't think i'll bother looking ,clowns still at my age give me nightmares it was'nt helped when a few years ago a  clown standing on a roundabout  came right up to the van and looked straight at me through the window ............i was gone you could'nt see my ar$e for dust

• Haha 4

I don't get the point here. No backstory, no witnesses, no real evidence of a location and accepting the obvious that this was probably done by the very guy in the picture. Slow news day I guess.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

I bet this is a great way to make people steer clear of you when doing things in the woods that you don't want people to see.
  • Like 3

It has all the hallmarks of a staged scenario, set up by the guy who owns the camera. People in clown suits don't roam the deep forest. Also, the two pictures seem to have a time signature on them. The close-up came first and the long shot three minutes later. Whoever owned the camera - the clown - must have footage of at least three minutes duration or a load of stills. He chose to only publish two stills. Get a life!

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 8:07 AM, Nnicolette said:

I bet this is a great way to make people steer clear of you when doing things in the woods that you don't want people to see.

Like learning how to juggle, throwing custard pies or fitting you and 15 of yer pals in to a wee teeny tiny car?

• 3 weeks later...

I know the story behind these photos. There's actually a few more. This page took these and are making up the fact that nobody knows the back story. Yeah, whatever. I know

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Maluthesis said:

I know the story behind these photos. There's actually a few more. This page took these and are making up the fact that nobody knows the back story. Yeah, whatever. I know

Was it Rex in the clown getup?

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 3:15 AM, jethrofloyd said:

Could it be taken from som horror B-movie ?

No below is the culprit and you don’t want to meet him in the woods. :devil:

7983B763-D931-4336-8AF4-77826FE91450.jpeg

• Haha 2

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

No below is the culprit and you don’t want to meet him in the woods. :devil:

7983B763-D931-4336-8AF4-77826FE91450.jpeg

Eh. If he has pie and booze, I may have to take my chances.

• Haha 3

Just now, onlookerofmayhem said:

Yea but you don’t know what’s in the pie, and clowns are creepy anyways! :yes:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Is that a Jimmy Hoffa pigeon pie that clown looks like a cannibal 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Is that a Jimmy Hoffa pigeon pie that clown looks like a cannibal 

Actually that’s Pogo or Patches the Clowns great grandfather in the photo I posted. Yeah no one would ever figure that John Wayne Gacy had such humble beginnings or that he was the third generation of Clowns in his family!:w00t::blink::D

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

@jmccr8 @Manwon Lender

Can't be any worse than the meat pies I've had on Fleet Street!

I have no experience with Fleet Street, but I have eaten things in the Middle East that smelled and tasted great but that I could not identify. I also have had the same experience in Asia, however, for some reason after the meal began to digest I always felt like barking at strangers!:wacko::lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maluthesis said:

That’s  cool so what is the back story?

On 11/18/2021 at 12:07 AM, Nnicolette said:

Now that doesn’t make sense, how can you do something you don’t want others to see inside that suit, unless your doing it alone!!:unsure:

Is that what your referring to??:lol: