Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Investigator claims to have evidence of Cannock Chase Bigfoot

UM-Bot

Well, has the footprint been reviewed by experts?

29 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You mean like 'Bigfoot' experts?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Stiff said:

I meant quality serious ones like I consider Jeff Meldrum to be.

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I meant quality serious ones like I consider Jeff Meldrum to be.

Could you elaborate?

55 minutes ago, Stiff said:
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Would you rather it was looked at by a team of car mechanics? :blink:

:whistle:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, acute said:

Would you rather it was looked at by a team of car mechanics? :blink:

:whistle:

Same outcome ;)

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Could you elaborate?

Dr. Jeff Meldrum is a Full Professor of Anatomy & Anthropology at Idaho State University (since 1993). He teaches human anatomy in the graduate health professions programs. His research encompasses questions of vertebrate evolutionary morphology generally, primate locomotor adaptations more particularly, and especially the emergence of modern human bipedalism.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, acute said:

Maybe we can get the Black-Eyed Girl to look at it.

8797b8bea87184658a31c1fb142533a0ac12f5b2

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Dr. Jeff Meldrum is a Full Professor of Anatomy & Anthropology at Idaho State University (since 1993). He teaches human anatomy in the graduate health professions programs. His research encompasses questions of vertebrate evolutionary morphology generally, primate locomotor adaptations more particularly, and especially the emergence of modern human bipedalism.

Ah. So he's a 'Bigfoot' expert then?

• Like 1

Just now, Stiff said:

Ah. So he's a 'Bigfoot' expert then?

Correct.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Correct.

How many has he examined? 

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stiff said:

How many has he examined? 

He's the footprint expert and is well-qualified to cast his judgment on many that he has examined. His input would be very helpful on this OP case.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

He's the footprint expert and is well-qualified to cast his judgment on many that he has examined. His input would be very helpful on this OP case.

Perhaps not.

"Anthropologist David J. Daegling commented that the author (Jeffrey Meldrum) was "unable or unwilling to distinguish good research from bad, science from pseudoscience"

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Stiff said:

Perhaps not.

"Anthropologist David J. Daegling commented that the author (Jeffrey Meldrum) was "unable or unwilling to distinguish good research from bad, science from pseudoscience"

Please, he's deep in a hotly challenged subject so criticism is expected. I will let Dr. Meldrum defend himself on the technical challenges.

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Please, he's deep in a hotly challenged subject so criticism is expected. I will let Dr. Meldrum defend himself on the technical challenges.

Of course you will.

• Like 4

Correct.

No such thing.  Unless you can provide someone who has examined a footie, and can offer independent attestation and replication, or who can provide a location where actual primatologists can observe a footie or three.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Resume said:

No such thing.  Unless you can provide someone who has examined a footie, or who can provide a location where actual primatologists can observe a footie or three.

We all know I was talking about scientific experts involved in the scientific investigation of Bigfoot's existence.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Bigfoot to live some 20 miles from downtown of Birmingham? No way!

I agree, it's ridiculous!

It's probably just a grizzly bear. :yes:

9 minutes ago, acute said:

I agree, it's ridiculous!

It's probably just a grizzly bear. :yes:

No Grizzlies in Brummie land, but loads of black bears. I used to track them in my previous life in 1843. 

• Haha 2

While reports of Bigfoot-like hairy wild men abound throughout Britain, there is one area of the country that seems to attract more than its fair share of such activity: Castle Ring, in the county of Staffordshire. Located near the village of Cannock Wood and constructed between 500 B.C. and A.D. 40, Castle Ring is an Iron Age structure commonly known as a Hill Fort. 

On May 1 2004, Alec Williams was driving passed the car park that sits at the base of Castle Ring when he witnessed a hair-covered, man-like entity lumber across the road and into the trees. Williams stated that the sighting lasted barely a few seconds but that he was able to make out its form:

“It was about seven feet tall, with short, shiny, dark brown hair, large head and had eyes that glowed bright red.”

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2011/12/account-of-british-bigfoot-sighting.html

The present day Cannock Chase forms part of what was once a vast piece of land that stretched from Stafford as far south as Sutton Coldfield. It was uncultivated land, inhabited by deer, wild boar and wolves. In 1086, William the Conqueror declared it to be his royal hunting forest.

The Bishop of Coventry and Lichfield established a deer park and hunting lodge here in the 13th century. It was called Beaudesert, meaning ‘beautiful wild place’.

In the 19th century, landowners started planting trees on parts of Cannock Chase, but during the Great War many of the trees were felled. Timber was being used for trench-building and industry, and by the end of the war the national timber reserve had been stretched to breaking point.

This led to the formation of the Forestry Commission in 1919. Planting on Cannock Chase began soon after, and trees dating back to this time can still be found here. In 1939 alone, about 5,300 acres were converted from heathland to pine plantation. After the Second World War, forestry became an important industry for the area.

Since the 1970s, the Forestry Commission has given increasing attention to landscaping, recreation, conservation and environmental protection.

https://www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/custom/HeritageTrail/birches_valley.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We all know I was talking about scientific experts involved in the scientific investigation of Bigfoot's existence.

Who's this we? 

So the answer is no, there are no footie experts.  There are however, a number of footie opportunists and entrepreneurs.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2