Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Investigator claims to have evidence of Cannock Chase Bigfoot

UM-Bot

On 11/19/2021 at 11:01 AM, papageorge1 said:

He's the footprint expert and is well-qualified to cast his judgment on many that he has examined. His input would be very helpful on this OP case.

That's not what he asked. Try again.

35 minutes ago, Trelane said:

That's not what he asked. Try again.

Already addressed in post #23

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannock_Chase_District

So 100k people in 30 Square miles? That's practically wilderness... (sarcasm...)

In the US thats what we call a suburb, not ever able to call that rural.

Does bigfoot in UK live in a park rather then wilderness?

On 11/20/2021 at 3:53 AM, Stiff said:

Ah. So he's a 'Bigfoot' expert then?

I have never understood the term Bigfoot Expert, how can anyone be an expert on subject where no physical evidence that the creature exits or has ever existed. There is only one creature in the entire fossil record that fits the description of Bigfoot it went extinct 100,000 years and through genetic testing proven to be the progenitor of the Orangutan and I added that information below. 

Meet Gigantopithecus the largest great Ape that ever lived. The only specimens that have been discovered were the Geograpic range of this guy was from Southern China to Vietnam. Gigantopithecus Was approximately 9.8 Ft tall and weighed between 200 and 300 Lbs and through Genetic Analysis it has been proven to be the Progenitor of the current Orangutan. The species survived until as late as 100,000 years ago and possibly shared the same landscapes with the archaic Hominid species Homo erectus.

https://www.britannica.com/animal/Gigantopithecus

5627466C-DE23-4407-8D61-A784105ED20F-14470-00000CF867946038.png.973a730d07900243368addb0e2760682.png

3BD914C5-45C4-42F8-AE6F-38B4A7284399-14470-00000CF7D91E2815.jpg

On 11/20/2021 at 4:26 AM, papageorge1 said:

I meant quality serious ones like I consider Jeff Meldrum to be.

Sadly, Papa is serious.  He honestly believes that Jeff Meldrum is a bio-mechanics expert, even though he is NOT trained in that, and has shown no expertise whatsoever....

On 11/20/2021 at 5:10 AM, papageorge1 said:

Please, he's deep in a hotly challenged subject so criticism is expected. I will let Dr. Meldrum defend himself on the technical challenges.

I think he might need a friend.... you're not going to step up?  I've got a couple of questions for you, papa.... and don't worry, the first one is real easy..

1. Did you know that Meldrum has over 300 footprint casts in his Bigfootery Collection?
 (or is it 'BigFoolery'?)
2. Of those 300, how many has he rejected as fake, and on what grounds?
3. Would you agree that maybe those numbers suggest Meldrum is more interested in selling books, than he is in applying scientific rigour..?
4. In regard to his Bigfoot 'research', how many reports has he had accepted by recognised peer-reviewed Journals?
(By all means go carefully through his collection, .. you might get all excited but you'll want to thoroughly check out the "Journal of Scientific Exploration" - it is NOT a respected peer-reviewed journal..)

And as others have noted, you can't be an 'expert' on something for which there is NO accepted physical evidence.  
Footprints are relatively easy to fake, so they are NOT evidence.

It's interesting, don't you think, papa, that Meldrum's upcoming new book (not scientific report) is called "Sasquatch and Other Wildmen - The Search for Relict Hominoids"... Why do you think he used the term "The Search for .." and not "The Evidence for .."?   Go on, take a wild guess.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Sadly, Papa is serious.  He honestly believes that Jeff Meldrum is a bio-mechanics expert, even though he is NOT trained in that, and has shown no expertise whatsoever....

I think he might need a friend.... you're not going to step up?  I've got a couple of questions for you, papa.... and don't worry, the first one is real easy..

1. Did you know that Meldrum has over 300 footprint casts in his Bigfootery Collection?
 (or is it 'BigFoolery'?)
2. Of those 300, how many has he rejected as fake, and on what grounds?
3. Would you agree that maybe those numbers suggest Meldrum is more interested in selling books, than he is in applying scientific rigour..?
4. In regard to his Bigfoot 'research', how many reports has he had accepted by recognised peer-reviewed Journals?
(By all means go carefully through his collection, .. you might get all excited but you'll want to thoroughly check out the "Journal of Scientific Exploration" - it is NOT a respected peer-reviewed journal..)

And as others have noted, you can't be an 'expert' on something for which there is NO accepted physical evidence.  
Footprints are relatively easy to fake, so they are NOT evidence.

It's interesting, don't you think, papa, that Meldrum's upcoming new book (not scientific report) is called "Sasquatch and Other Wildmen - The Search for Relict Hominoids"... Why do you think he used the term "The Search for .." and not "The Evidence for .."?   Go on, take a wild guess.

Dr. Jeff Meldrum is a Full Professor of Anatomy & Anthropology at Idaho State University (since 1993). He teaches human anatomy in the graduate health professions programs. His research encompasses questions of vertebrate evolutionary morphology generally, primate locomotor adaptations more particularly, and especially the emergence of modern human bipedalism.

I find it highly unlikely that he is going to waste his one lifetime perpetrating what he knows to be a hoax. And he is just one name I threw out in response to a question I was given. I am sure he is competent to defend himself. He is not a particular hobby of mine to research. I consider what he says respecting his credentials.

There is a pattern I see with some who seem to prefer character assaults on anyone who has anything to say that they don't like on crypto/paranormal/alien subjects. I see those types of individuals for what they are and will not waste much time with them.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Dr. Jeff Meldrum is a Full Professor of Anatomy & Anthropology at Idaho State University (since 1993). He teaches human anatomy in the graduate health professions programs. His research encompasses questions of vertebrate evolutionary morphology generally, primate locomotor adaptations more particularly, and especially the emergence of modern human bipedalism.

I find it highly unlikely that he is going to waste his one lifetime perpetrating what he knows to be a hoax. And he is just one name I threw out in response to a question I was given. I am sure he is competent to defend himself. He is not a particular hobby of mine to research. I consider what he says respecting his credentials.

There is a pattern I see with some who seem to prefer character assaults on anyone who has anything to say that they don't like on crypto/paranormal/alien subjects. I see those types of individuals for what they are and will not waste much time with them.

Your psycophantic rambles are wasted. He has posted here. His posts would indicate that he doesn't know his butthole from a hole in the ground. 

Results speak. Meldrum has produced decades of nothing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Don't do your usual avoidance and redirection. Just answer the questions that @ChrLzs asked of you. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Don't do your usual avoidance and redirection. Just answer the questions that @ChrLzs asked of you. 

I did answer that Jeff Meldrum is not going to become a personal research project of mine especially for the type of personality that is only interested in attacking. I'm a little too smart for the obvious modus operandi that tries to demand infinite detail into infinity. 

You can see Meldrum's qualifications yourself, so I seriously respect what he has to say; the layman's takeaway version.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I did answer that Jeff Meldrum is not going to become a personal research project of mine especially for the type of personality that is only interested in attacking. I'm a little too smart for the obvious modus operandi that tries to demand infinite detail into infinity. 

You can see Meldrum's qualifications yourself, so I seriously respect what he has to say; the layman's takeaway version.

Here I'll make it easy for you. Just answer these questions. Please post your answers in numbered fashion so we know which question you're answering. Thank you in advance. The questions again are as follows;

(or is it 'BigFoolery'?)
2. Of those 300, how many has he rejected as fake, and on what grounds?
4. In regard to his Bigfoot 'research', how many reports has he had accepted by recognised peer-reviewed Journals?
(By all means go carefully through his collection, .. you might get all excited but you'll want to thoroughly check out the "Journal of Scientific Exploration" - it is NOT a respected peer-reviewed journal..)

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trelane said:

Here I'll make it easy for you. Just answer these questions. Please post your answers in numbered fashion so we know which question you're answering. Thank you in advance. The questions again are as follows;

(or is it 'BigFoolery'?)
2. Of those 300, how many has he rejected as fake, and on what grounds?
4. In regard to his Bigfoot 'research', how many reports has he had accepted by recognised peer-reviewed Journals?
(By all means go carefully through his collection, .. you might get all excited but you'll want to thoroughly check out the "Journal of Scientific Exploration" - it is NOT a respected peer-reviewed journal..)

And I answered to look to Meldrum to defend himself (which I am sure he can do quite competently). It's not my job or interest to make his work my lengthy research project. I consider only the layman's takeaway of what he says as I consider him a highly credible expert.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

And I answered to look to Meldrum to defend himself (which I am sure he can do quite competently). It's not my job or interest to make his work my lengthy research project. I consider only the layman's takeaway of what he says as I consider him a highly credible expert.

That is a weak response. The questions are posed to you. Fine, you either won't or can't answer.  Just say you won't or can't answer.

Very telling once again to the overall topic in general for those who "believe". 

• Like 2

Geez folks, this Meldrum fellow wasn't even part of the OP article. It might be interesting if Mr. Meldrum had studied the OP article story, but it appears he has not. So it's really moot and even derailing to carry on debating about him in this thread. Let's leave off that. 

But there is something more to the OP for us to hash out a little. Lee Brickley- the man named in the OP article. Mr. Brickley has published a few books about Cannock Chase covering spooky like ghosts, BEKs, Werewolves, pig-men, UFOs, and bigfoot. His blog has a goodly handful and few of posts going back to 2013- perhaps it might interest folks to check it out a bit and let the mans own work speak for itself a bit. http://paranormalcannock.blogspot.com/2021/

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 5:10 AM, ChrLzs said:

Theology? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1