Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman who claims to have been abducted by aliens says she can prove it

Still Waters

This is the end of everything as we know it. The internet has given anyone and everyone the ability to blast BS in 900 different directions at once. And it�s just starting to dig in.
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

She was describing a personal experience. To me she is only required to be honest to the best of her abilities. She is not responsible for providing the science.

And her experience does not stand alone. I suspect there is something to the alien abduction phenomenon from the quantity, quality and consistency of these reports.

Insulting dismissal is irrational. What the bleep do these people really know?

She was describing a personal experience.  Totally not the case - she's making **** up and doing a really poor job of it.

To me she is only required to be honest to the best of her abilities.  Well, she's failing there 100%.  Nothing she says is true - she's making **** up.

She is not responsible for providing the science.  No great surprise there.

And her experience does not stand alone.  In a world of eight billion souls I'm not surprised more than one person is happy to make **** up.

I suspect there is something to the alien abduction phenomenon from the quantity, quality and consistency of these reports.  Any amount of **** is still just ****.

Insulting dismissal is irrational.  So you say, yet that's all you ever do.  You never listen to science, logic or reason - you dismiss all sensible alternatives and dive straight in to the illogic/ impossible.  Which I happen to find rather insulting.

What the bleep do these people really know?  Well - for example - we KNOW that trees exist.  We KNOW that Big Macs exist.  And goldfish, and superglue, and bubblewrap, and other stuff.  We DON'T KNOW that fairies exist.  We DON'T KNOW that bigfoots exist.  We DON'T KNOW that ESP, time-travel, levitation, aliens, holographic aliens, holographic egg-stealin' aliens or France exist.  Why not?  Because there's NO EVIDENCE for ANY of them.  Show me physical, factual evidence and I promise I'll take you seriously, but until then...

Papa Smurf screenshots, images and pictures - Comic VineXxX

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Any amount of **** is still just ****.

Sadly,  a simply concept that eludes most of the illustrious woo peddlers in these parts.

He once claimed to have cumulatively studied millions of paranormal anecdotes. (He did concede that was not the truth when pressed on the matter.)

Obviously some of them must be true because there's so many of them.

Ergo everytime a new story comes up it has at least a 50% chance of being a real paranormal/ alien abduction/bigfoot encounter/haunting event because of the precedent set by so many other earlier stories!

Voila! Paranormal evidenced!

Science!?

Science is too stupid to detect the paranormal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Sadly,  a simply concept that eludes most of the illustrious woo peddlers in these parts. ... Ergo every time a new story comes up it has at least a 50% chance of being a real paranormal/ alien abduction/bigfoot encounter/haunting event because of the precedent set by so many other earlier stories!

And yet if you or I came up with an awesome, amazing yarn about our own inexplicable experiences he'd be the first to dismiss us as liars.  Okay, statistically speaking he'd be correct, because what I'm about to tell you might be a complete lie, but he doesn't know that for certain, does he?

Anyway, I was a student in Cambridge at the time.  We'd been drinking in a crowded bar in the cellar of one of the colleges.  I don't smoke but the atmosphere in there was torpid with tobacco and marijuana fumes.  So when I got home I was pretty high from passive inhalation, and I sat in the corner of my room, unable to lie down because the pressure on my head was too painful.

As I sprawled there, praying for sleep as the room spun violently around me, a black shape appeared at the doorway.  I don't know if it was always in the room or passed through the locked door, but it was there, and it was as real as anything I've experienced.

It approached me.  It had a vague humanoid shape but no clear features; no burning eyes or horns or suchlike - really just a shadow.  I couldn't move - I was frozen with terror and couldn't react, even as it reached inside my chest.  I heard this dull chanting: "Romanderry, Romanderry."  (Was that the name of the demon?  I never found out.)  But I knew this was serious - if I couldn't break free it would rip my soul from my body.  

... And that's the end of my story.  I woke the next morning still in the same corner of my room and carried on with my life.  I dismissed the incident as a cannabis-induced hallucination and pretty much forgot about it.  But now after listening to Papa Smurf I realise the obvious truth is - I was attacked by a creature from the pits of Hell who ripped out my soul that night, leaving me hollow and dead inside ever since.  It explains everything that's gone wrong with my life since then (and before, maybe).  It explains the drinking, the drugs, the voices, the seizures, the rage, the violence, the - everything I've ever done wrong.  None of it was my fault. 

And with that, m'lud, the defence rests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

She was describing a personal experience.  Totally not the case - she's making **** up and doing a really poor job of it.

To me she is only required to be honest to the best of her abilities.  Well, she's failing there 100%.  Nothing she says is true - she's making **** up.

She is not responsible for providing the science.  No great surprise there.

And her experience does not stand alone.  In a world of eight billion souls I'm not surprised more than one person is happy to make **** up.

I suspect there is something to the alien abduction phenomenon from the quantity, quality and consistency of these reports.  Any amount of **** is still just ****.

Insulting dismissal is irrational.  So you say, yet that's all you ever do.  You never listen to science, logic or reason - you dismiss all sensible alternatives and dive straight in to the illogic/ impossible.  Which I happen to find rather insulting.

What the bleep do these people really know?  Well - for example - we KNOW that trees exist.  We KNOW that Big Macs exist.  And goldfish, and superglue, and bubblewrap, and other stuff.  We DON'T KNOW that fairies exist.  We DON'T KNOW that bigfoots exist.  We DON'T KNOW that ESP, time-travel, levitation, aliens, holographic aliens, holographic egg-stealin' aliens or France exist.  Why not?  Because there's NO EVIDENCE for ANY of them.  Show me physical, factual evidence and I promise I'll take you seriously, but until then...

Papa Smurf screenshots, images and pictures - Comic VineXxX

My, all that comes down to 'they're making ***** up'. Sounds like you're guessing hopefully to keep a simple worldview in tack to me. I am certain the overwhelming majority of these people believe what they are saying.

And I say 'observation/experience of new things can precede their scientific understanding'. So new observation/experiences should be given fair unbiased consideration.

PS: Wait, you're saying 'France' doesn't exist now?

25 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My, all that comes down to 'they're making ***** up'.

Yep.  You've got it.  Couldn't have put it any clearer myself.

26 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am certain the overwhelming majority of these people believe what they are saying.

... which, I hope we can agree, is utterly irrelevant.  2.4 billion Christians believe Jesus was the Son of God.  1.9 billion Muslims believe he wasn't.  They can't all be right and there's a probability they're all wrong.  Belief, by itself, means diddley.  Besides, as I said, most people who make **** up do so because they are fraudsters, liars, con-artists or politicians.

35 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

So new observation/experiences should be given fair unbiased consideration.

Only in so far as and up until they have been scientifically confirmed or refuted.  After which they are either proven real or proven false.  The problem with the esoteric mumbo-jumbo you subscribe to is it intrinsically defies scientific scrutiny.  Anti-science is built into the theories, permitting discussion of abstract (and absurd) phenomena like 'life forces', 'astral planes', 'vibrational energies', 'holographic egg-stealing aliens' or whatever the current trend in woo requires.

43 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

PS: Wait, you're saying 'France' doesn't exist now?

Now.  Or then, or ever in the future.  It's a myth, like Atlantis, or tofu.  I mean - seriously - who comes up with these deranged ideas?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I'm still waiting for a single bedroom alien abduction story to start out, "I couldn't see what was happening because I don't sleep with my glasses on. But it was aliens."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/21/2021 at 11:48 AM, thedutchiedutch said:

She explained herself what caused her experience right from the start of her story. It's called Sleep paralysis :tu:

She most likely read about sleep paralysis. There's numerous forums that discuss/speculate about subject. Supposedly happens more often when sleeping face up. Bet the house she knew this.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

She most likely read about sleep paralysis. There's numerous forums that discuss/speculate about subject. Supposedly happens more often when sleeping face up. Bet the house she knew this.

Exactly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2021 at 7:15 AM, Tom1200 said:

Aliens ARE real and aliens abduct people and aliens plant alien-human hybrids in humans and humans give birth to alien-human hybrids and alien-human hybrids live among us and they look just like us except they're different but you can't tell and then the aliens abduct other people.  All this is true because PapaG believes it and I saw it on Ancient Aliens on the Discovery Channel.

Hi Tom

I have been hiding out on this rock for eons and I have never stolen eggs or probed anyone ( that's those other guys the astrickians) I made hybrids the old fashion way some mushroom tea and the soft tunes playing in the background to set the mood okay it was only giant beavers smacking their tails in the water but it worked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2021 at 11:47 PM, Gumball said:

Pure pish

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you.

I think the story is piffle.

7 hours ago, acute said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you.

I think the story is piffle.

We can agree to disagree.

• Haha 1