Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shoplifting and looting becoming more common

Myles

Geez, this guy was arrested 44 times.

A Thai woman who was attacked on the New York subway said on "Fox & Friends" Tuesday she saw the "worst side" of the Big Apple when she was assaulted and robbed by a man with a long criminal history.

After leaving a concert in November, model Bew Jirajariywetch was on her way home when she was attacked by suspect Kevin Douglas, who is seen on video striking her and holding her on the ground. 

"He hit me multiple times in my face to make sure I couldn’t make any noise. And then touched me inappropriately. And then he took my purse before he was gone," Jirajariywetch said alongside her attorney Eric Parnes. 

Douglas was arrested for another alleged assault on the same day. He was already in jail when he was charged in the assault Thursday and is due back in court April 1.

Douglas’ extensive record dates back to 1997 and includes 44 arrests – 16 on one day in May 2019 alone for unknown reasons, the Post reported. His arrests include assault, drugs, criminal tampering and illegal possession of a weapon. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/thai-model-attacked-nyc-subway-career-criminal

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

New York City police are searching Wednesday for three suspects accused of assaulting a 22-year-old mother in front of her children, allegedly striking her in the head with a gun and beating her with a baseball bat.

The incident happened Friday night in Manhattan’s East Harlem neighborhood. The brutal attack also comes as residents in the Big Apple reportedly are on edge following the brutal murder last weekend of a woman who was stabbed 40 times after being followed into her Chinatown apartment. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-city-mom-22-attacked-in-front-of-her-children-police-say

• Sad 3

A suspect who is behind bars in Indiana after leading police on a chase that resulted in a crash injuring two people is no stranger to the criminal justice system.

Carl Young Jr., 40, was allegedly involved in a domestic disturbance with a woman before reportedly stealing the keys to her Jeep at gunpoint and shooting at the home early Wednesday morning.

Responding officers spotted the Jeep and tried to get Young to stop. Instead, he allegedly kept driving, ran a stop sign and hit a vehicle, injuring a husband and wife inside.

Young was wearing a GPS monitor at the time of his arrest, according to WXIN. Court records show Young has been charged in 20 criminal cases over 20 years in Marion County, the TV station reports. That criminal history includes four cases totaling 10 felony counts filed since February 2021. He was also wanted at the time of the chase and crash for other felonies. 

"The victim in this domestic deserved better and so did the victims in the crash," Indianapolis Fraternal Order of Police President Rick Snyder said.

Indianapolis Metro Police Department officers said they found a shotgun and a large amount of narcotics that Young is suspected of stashing in the stolen Jeep.

Young's preliminary charges are listed as auto theft, resisting law enforcement with a vehicle causing serious bodily injury, operating while a lifetime habitual traffic offender, domestic battery, robbery, criminal recklessness, marijuana possession with the intent to deal, leaving the scene of a vehicle accident with moderate/serious bodily injury, and cocaine possession, according to a police report obtained by WISH-TV.

The suspect was booked into the Marion County jail and was due in court Thursday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/indiana-man-with-29-prior-felonies-and-ankle-monitor-steals-car-injuries-2-during-chase

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm surprised they aren't crying about food deserts yet. I wonder how many people have physically suffered because all of the pharmacies that have closed. Who will they blame this time?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

I'm surprised they aren't crying about food deserts yet. I wonder how many people have physically suffered because all of the pharmacies that have closed. Who will they blame this time?

Systemic racism keeps grandma from getting her medications, 

• Haha 2

I went to Idaho a few weeks back. Its well known that in Oregon shoplifting has no punishment under a couple thousand dollars. But, at the Walmart in Idaho there was signs saying "We know you can steal whatever you like in Oregon, but we're likely to shoot you here in Idaho if you shoplift and flee.". Or words to that effect.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Still happening.  Being soft on crime really works, eh?

Smash-and-grab suspects targeted a Beverly Hills jewelry store in broad daylight with sledgehammers, making off with up to $5 million in merchandise. 

"I told my employee, ‘Get on the floor,'" Peter Sedghi, owner of the jewelry store, told the New York Post of the looting that unfolded Tuesday. "As soon as I heard what I thought were gunshots finally stop, I grabbed my gun. First, I made sure my employees were OK. I then went outside, but they were already gone."

At least five suspects wearing face masks used sledgehammers to break the glass of Luxury Jewels of Beverly Hills at about 2 p.m. on Tuesday, according to police. Sedghi said it took the suspects eight or 10 swings of the sledgehammers to break the thick glass.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-jewelry-store-beverly-hills-smash-and-grab-sledgehammer

• Like 1

stg021022dAPC20220210124508.jpg.f7879df47ab8fcef71148c6d7a4adae8.jpgYou reap what you sow.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Check this one out:

Fed-up customer body-slams, wrestles shoplifting duo outside Walgreens: 'I am way bigger than you, and I will **** you up!'

A fed-up Walgreens customer — tired of the rampant, brazen shoplifting in northern California, with little resistance and fewer consequences — decided to do something about it Saturday when he witnessed a man putting bottles of pills into a backpack, KGO-TV reported.

And wouldn't you know that while police said the stolen merchandise was recovered in this latest Walgreens incident, the store didn't seek prosecution, the station said.

'It's infuriating'

"I could have been charged with assault and may be charged with assault," Kevin told KGO. "It's infuriating. We're all realizing it in Northern California — little, soft cities like this."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/fed-up-customer-body-slams-wrestles-shoplifting-duo-outside-walgreens

• Like 3

Another one.  A group of thugs beats up a 14 year old.

• Sad 1

This is great. You can't make up this kind of comedy.

Eric Adams Consults Lori Lightfoot on Tackling Crime — ‘Blind Leading Blind’

“This isn’t satire,” wrote Steve Guest, special advisor for communications for Sen. Ted Cruz. “Crime in NYC is up 45% compared to last year – in Chicago it’s up 34%”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...leading-blind/

Edited by Zebra3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

“This isn’t satire,” wrote Steve Guest, special advisor for communications for Sen. Ted Cruz. “Crime in NYC is up 45% compared to last year – in Chicago it’s up 34%”

Ha ha, I guess we can safely say that Eric Adams is an idiot.  

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 6:37 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

stg021022dAPC20220210124508.jpg.f7879df47ab8fcef71148c6d7a4adae8.jpgYou reap what you sow.

Democrats decide to not offend their voters...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

Well it is true that Lightfoot is beginning to try to turn things around. After being a complete turd during the BLM riots and aftereffects.

Same here in Portland OR. Mayor Wheeler is trying to be hard on crime and homelessness after coddling criminals for the last three years. Crime is way UP. Homeless have set up everywhere. No foot traffic in downtown. Businesses leaving. People/families moving out. 

He finally realized the Woke are wack, and is trying to fix his huge errors of judgement.

LAPD to residents of crime-ridden city: Don't want to get robbed? Don't walk around wearing expensive jewelry.

Image source: YouTube screenshot

As California has grown increasingly soft on crime thanks to the implementation of woke leftist policies over the last several months, California cities have seen crime soar. Now law enforcement is telling citizens to not dress like would-be victims, all while criminals run rampant.

https://www.theblaze.com/furnace/lapd-residents-crime-ridden-city-expensive-jewelry

I guess it's okay to tell women not to dress slutty if they don't want to be raped now then? I'd like to see the reaction to that. God, the idiocy.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

But of the top 20 cities with the highest violent crime rates, only 1 has a Republican mayor.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

But of the top 20 cities with the highest violent crime rates, only 1 has a Republican mayor.  

If we narrow our view down to something that is almost exclusively dominated by Democrats (control of cities in this case) that information is certainly true.  If we step back and include stuff that Republicans control (like states) that trend doesn't continue:

Republicans blame Democrats for crime — but new data shows higher murder rates in red states | Salon.com 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

If we narrow our view down to something that is almost exclusively dominated by Democrats (control of cities in this case) that information is certainly true.  If we step back and include stuff that Republicans control (like states) that trend doesn't continue:

Republicans blame Democrats for crime — but new data shows higher murder rates in red states | Salon.com 

But that information is, at least somewhat, skewed by the Democrat run cities within the state.   

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

But that information is, at least somewhat, skewed by the Democrat run cities within the state.   

Read farther in the article where it talks about rates in Republican held cities.

58809.jpg.9c837d5954270b560334e195db1a53d3.jpg