Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shoplifting and looting becoming more common

Myles

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm sure it does for the criminals victims.  

Are you?  Ever hear of 'insurance'?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Very little comfort for the murdered victims and survivors of "Catch and Release" policies.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Very little comfort for the murdered victims and survivors of "Catch and Release" policies.

Since when does shoplifting result in murder???   Shop lifting "catch and release" is a reasonable strategy since the jails are full of more hard line criminals.   

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That may be OK for businesses, but even they have deductibles.   

If I am robbed, I'm SOL.  

That is just for the robberies the criminals commit.  Not sure how you put a price on violent crimes.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

That may be OK for businesses, but even they have deductibles.   

If I am robbed, I'm SOL.  

That is just for the robberies the criminals commit.  Not sure how you put a price on violent crimes.   

The title of the thread is "Shoplifting and looting becoming more common"   That is about businesses not theft or robbery.

• Like 3

NYPD officers leave in record-breaking exodus before full pensions set in: They're risking 'everything'

Former NYC detective claims there are no longer any incentives for working for city's police force

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nypd-officers-record-breaking-exodus-full-pensions-set-risking-everything

Getting what they asked for.

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The title of the thread is "Shoplifting and looting becoming more common"   That is about businesses not theft or robbery.

Yeah, but it has morphed into the rise of crime altogether and how being soft on criminals is enabling criminals.

Not really worth a new thread for other crimes.

• Like 3

That shoplifting crap is gonna escalate into more serious crimes as long as they're getting away with it.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

That's exactly what I say to myself about those who read Fox "News"....

9 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

But not those who read CNN or MSN?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

All of those look more like robbery than shop lifting.  If there is a weapon involved it is not shoplifting.

• Like 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

All of those look more like robbery than shop lifting.  If there is a weapon involved it is not shoplifting.

:no:

53 minutes ago, Myles said:

If I am robbed, I'm SOL.  

Where, at home?  "Ever hear of insurance?"

Just now, Myles said:

But not those who read CNN or MSN?

Not concerning crime.  Scaring people about that has been part of Republican campaign strategy forever no matter what the facts actually are.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

NYPD officers leave in record-breaking exodus before full pensions set in: They're risking 'everything'

Former NYC detective claims there are no longer any incentives for working for city's police force

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nypd-officers-record-breaking-exodus-full-pensions-set-risking-everything

Aw, the poor, poor snowflakes are melting.

3 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Not concerning crime.  Scaring people about that has been part of Republican campaign strategy forever no matter what the facts actually are.

Not just the republican's strategy, it is used by the democrats, conspiracy theorists, corporations, etc.    Corporations often use fear to sell their products that no one needs (like insurance and vitamins).  And I don't mean home insurance - that is required if you have a mortgage.  I am talking about more life insurance than you need, pet insurance, etc.   And vitamins can be useful but most companies selling them use fear and lie about the efficacy of their brand of vitamins.  How do you think cell phone makers and providers got everyone to keep a pocket computer on them at all times?   The original premise to sell mobile phones was that you might be stranded and not be near a phone to get help.   Fear is used every day by a multitude of people selling something.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

There is a deductible with insurance.   The root of the problem is the criminals.  

Part of the Democrats campaign is hiding the criminal activity.  They gotta keep their voters happy.  

24 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Did you even try to verify the information? It's been common knowledge for several years now.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Not just the republican's strategy, it is used by the democrats, conspiracy theorists, corporations, etc.

Demagoguery is part of all those agreed, but they don't all harp on the same topics at least to the same degree. With politicians it usually takes the form of 'you should be scared and I/we are the only ones who can solve the problem'.

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

How do you think cell phone makers and providers got everyone to keep a pocket computer on them at all times?   The original premise to sell mobile phones was that you might be stranded and not be near a phone to get help.  

That may be, although this example is difficult as mobile phones do provide advantages outside of alleviating people's fear.  I like having a pocket computer on me most of the time, insanely convenient compare to the days of land lines.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Did you even try to verify the information? It's been common knowledge for several years now.

I don't know what you're talking about, I didn't say something was false.  I implied that people go to Fox News to hear what they want to hear, which in this case is about crime that occurs where Democrats are in charge (but about the crime 'crisis' in red states.. be vewy vewy quiet...).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Demagoguery is part of all those agreed, but they don't all harp on the same topics at least to the same degree. With politicians it usually takes the form of 'you should be scared and I/we are the only ones who can solve the problem'.

That may be, although this example is difficult as mobile phones do provide advantages outside of alleviating people's fear.  I like having a pocket computer on me most of the time, insanely convenient compare to the days of land lines.

I agree about the demagogurey.   It depends on what audience they are selling to.   As for having a pocket computer, I love mine most of the time, but I do leave the house without mine sometimes and it is kind of nice not to be at everyone's beck and call.    We are addicted now, and that gives the companies I mentioned leverage over us.   I don't like that.    

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Aw, the poor, poor snowflakes are melting.

So what would your price be for putting your life on the line every week, day and minute of your shift?

Why should they put their lives on the line for a revolving door bureaucracy? Furthermore, why should they risk life and limb for people that think as you do?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I don't know what you're talking about, I didn't say something was false.  I implied that people go to Fox News to hear what they want to hear, which in this case is about crime that occurs where Democrats are in charge (but about the crime 'crisis' in red states.. be vewy vewy quiet...).

Nope, they will report that too, but to be fair, most of the crime is in the Democrat run cities.   

1 minute ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

So what would your price be for putting your life on the line every week, day and minute of your shift?

Why should they put their lives on the line for a revolving door bureaucracy? Furthermore, why should they risk life and limb for people that think as you do?

Why does anyone decide they want to be a cop in the first place?   What has changed since they became a cop.