Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shoplifting and looting becoming more common

Myles

On 10/24/2022 at 12:15 PM, itsnotoutthere said:

Apparently It all started because the women were told that it costs $1.75 for extra sauce.

Definitely Trump Red State troublemakers. 

• Haha 2

On 10/25/2022 at 5:48 AM, Doug1066 said:

Of the 157 Representatives who voted to overturn the 2020 election, nearly all come from districts that are undergoing change.  Most of those districts surround big cities and have seen an influx of black and hispanic people, to the extent that whites now average 30% of the population in those districts.  Those districts have below-average incomes and above-average problems.  They have higher suicide rates, higher drug overdose rates and more alcohol-related deaths.  Both Dems and Rubs have ignored those districts and now the chickens have come home to roost.

Doug

Wow, I'd like to read up on that. Surely there's many excellent websites documenting this to be true. 

So MOST of these 157 districts went from electing far right election deniers, to now being almost entirely black/Democrat? In like 2 years???

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 12:54 PM, Doug1066 said:

Then why do big city voters prefer Dems?

Doug

I always thought it was the promise of entitlements. 

Democrats in Oregon are now promising to clean up the trash filled streets, to reduce homelessness, to reduce drug use on the streets, and to be tough on crime. But two years ago they CREATED the homeless crisis, and by reducing cleanup services, CREATED the piles of trash everywhere, and by passing decriminalization of drugs, CREATED the current drug use spike, and by Defunding the Metro Police... CREATED the current violent crime spike.

But, but, but... NOW they're going to fix it. Now they're repeating what the GOP candidates have been saying for two years.

Because thier policies have failed.

Dems tend to, or seem to tend to, live in a fantasy, where the feel good policies they dreamed up will fix all social and financial issues. And ignore what economics, common sense and self preservation, would seem to suggest.

Hire more therapists and fire police. Well police got fired, but no therapists showed up. And criminals didn't turn to therapy. They took advantage of less cops, and longer response times.

Build tiny homes and the homeless will be fixed. Except most hard-core homeless are very mentally ill, or drug addicted, or both. And so the tiny villages sit half empty with still thousands living in cardboard shacks with five foot heaps of trash coving the sidewalks and streets.

Things that don't work, WONT work. What is needed is policies that will work. Even if they seem to infringe on the rights of those are ruining the city, and world, for the rest of us.

Maybe take the homeless and offer each a one way flight to Hawaii. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

"The first day that I'm in office, I'm going to declare a crime emergency and suspend cashless bail and these other pro-crime laws," Zeldin said.

Better raise taxes to build more jails and prisons then.

14 hours ago, DieChecker said:

So MOST of these 157 districts went from electing far right election deniers, to now being almost entirely black/Democrat? In like 2 years???

No.  Most of the reps were elected following demographic changes in their districts.  Correlation is not cause-and-effect.  Rub supporters in those districts are mainly people who feel they are being left behind by change - increasing minorities in their districts, poorer schools, poorer health care, fewer jobs.  They see America going the wrong direction and in their districts, it is.

Doug

14 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

No.  Most of the reps were elected following demographic changes in their districts.  Correlation is not cause-and-effect.  Rub supporters in those districts are mainly people who feel they are being left behind by change - increasing minorities in their districts, poorer schools, poorer health care, fewer jobs.  They see America going the wrong direction and in their districts, it is.

Doug

You said whites in most of those districts are 30% of the population. 

It's this statistic I'm actually questioning. Unless this all happened in the last two years, then tons of blacks and browns elected those Election Deniers. Is that your opinion then? Minorities elected these guys?

Here's what you wrote:

Of the 157 Representatives who voted to overturn the 2020 election, nearly all come from districts that are undergoing change.  Most of those districts surround big cities and have seen an influx of black and hispanic people, to the extent that whites now average 30% of the population in those districts.  

Of the 157 Representatives who voted to overturn the 2020 election, nearly all come from districts that are undergoing change.  Most of those districts surround big cities and have seen an influx of black and hispanic people, to the extent that whites now average 30% of the population in those districts.  

@Doug1066

So I looked up the 147 Congressional Reps and Senators who voted against Certification.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/07/us/elections/electoral-college-biden-objectors.html

Then I took every fifth one till I got ten basically random examples. I'd be willing to expand that if needed.

Here's what I found regarding White population of those Reps districts.

Using www2.census.gov

• Gary Palmer - 79% white
  • David Schweikert - 84%
  • Doug LaMalfa - 86%
  • Doug Lamborn - 80%
  • Scott Franklin - 74%
  • John Rutherford - 82%
  • Andrew Clyde - 86%
  • Mike Bost - 78%
  • Jackie Walorski - 86%
  • Garret Graves - 69%

So, clearly the white populations of these Denier districts are not just 30%, theyre almost universally 80%.

If I was you I'd seriously consider changing the source of my "facts".

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2022 at 10:23 PM, DieChecker said:

It's this statistic I'm actually questioning. Unless this all happened in the last two years, then tons of blacks and browns elected those Election Deniers. Is that your opinion then? Minorities elected these guys?

Here's what you wrote:

The problem for Dems is that frequently, Dems don't vote.  Rubs, on the other hand, vote faithfully, just like paying their mortgage.  Just because "minorities" are the majority, doesn't mean they are the majority at the polls.

Doug

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 10:23 PM, DieChecker said:

I regret that I did not write down the source I was referencing and am now unable to relocate it.  My apologies.

Doug

• Like 1

It's good that they didn't get much but it is too bad they are alive.

A Fort Worth, Texas, shoe store was burglarized Friday morning, but due to security measures taken by the shop owner, the culprits ended up getting bamboozled.

Laced Connection owner Chad Steward posted a surveillance video of the burglary on Facebook Sunday, which showed three men rummaging through the stockroom filled with shoe boxes.

In particular, the men were bagging boxes of Yeezys, Nikes and other high-end sneakers.

At one point, the men began to open the boxes and realized there was only one shoe in each of them.

"I’d assume they were either up here kicking it, punching it or doing something," he said.

After failing to get through the window, the men broke through a door with two padlocks, and Steward said he thinks the suspects took a crowbar to force their way inside.

Once inside, the burglars were only able to get to the back stockroom where there were hundreds of shoe boxes stacked on shelves. To get to the sales floor, the culprits would have needed to get through another steel gate.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-shoe-store-owner-tricks-burglars-preventative-tactics

NY man sprung on no bail in Facebook-posted beating executes wife in front of her three kids just hours later: cops

Adding insult to injury, under the bail reforms enacted by the Democratic-controlled state Legislature and upheld by Hochul, the judge couldn’t even consider Bennefield’s 2000 conviction and 15-year prison sentence for kidnapping an ex-girlfriend and another woman at gunpoint because the Empire State is one of the few across the US that doesn’t allow judges to weigh the “dangerousness” of a perp in considering bail.

Edited by Zebra3
  • Sad 1

A California mother was horrified to learn that a suspect will not face consequences for an attack on her and her one-year-old baby in a parking lot. 

Guevara shared the details of the attack, which occurred as she was picking her daughter up from daycare. 

"She came up from behind me and I pleaded to her, I asked her to at least let me put my child down. And as you can see, she disregarded everything and just started throwing punches."

During the attack, Guevara was primarily focused on protecting her child, who she said ended up being struck by the attacker.

"My only thought was to shield her. She just kept going and going. As soon as I heard a pop out of my ear of my daughter getting punched and her high-pitched scream, that scream lives with me forever."

"She punched my daughter in the face," Guevara added. "My one-year-old daughter."

Guevara knew the suspect and described her as "psychotic" and said she fought two pregnant women previously.

"After me pleading to him (the judge) multiple times in my statement that I wrote, he still ended up saying there's not enough courtrooms in Riverside County. We're dismissing your case. As soon as I heard dismiss. I just couldn't hold my tears back," she told host Todd Piro.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/california-mother-enraged-suspect-walks-free-punched-one-year-old-daughter-face

• Sad 1

LOL. And we wonder why there will be a Red Wave?

Washington D.C. to Legalize Public Urination

It'll also cut "the maximum penalties for offenses such as burglaries, carjackings and robberies.

When your whole city’s a toilet, why not embrace it?

The D.C. Council is expected to take the first of two votes Tuesday on a massive rewrite of its criminal code. If passed, the bill would eliminate most mandatory minimum sentences, allow for jury trials in almost all misdemeanor cases and reduce the maximum penalties for offenses such as burglaries, carjackings and robberies.

Assume that there’ll be a lot more burglaries, carjackings and robberies.

Not to mention public urination.

Mayor Muriel Bowser and Police Chief Robert Contee III are pushing back hard on parts of the plan they don’t agree with, and say the council is rushing to beat an arbitrary deadline.

At a news conference Tuesday, the mayor said the concern is over the decriminalization of certain public nuisances, such as urinating in public or noise violations.

Like most “criminal justice reform” measures, this is a pro-crime project meant to enable more of it.

“The requirement for Burglary 1 (first-degree burglary), which would be the highest grade of burglary, would require that a resident perceive that the person was inside of their home,” said Contee. “First, why are we shifting the burden to the resident in order to charge the highest penalty? You’ve been victimized.”

“Burglary 2, which is a lesser degree, does not require that you perceive, that you knew, the person broke into your house. … If you are asleep and you don’t wake up while the person is in your house, then that’s a lower grade, but if you wake up and you happen to see the person is in there, then that’s a higher degree of burglary? That just does not make sense to me.”

“Most robberies that we see in our city don’t have significant injury,” said Contee. “… We should not be looking into the lens where the highest penalty is where a person sustained serious, or significant, bodily injury. The fact that you had a gun in your face is significant to me, and I think if you talk to most residents who have been victimized by a robbery, they will share the traumatic experience they’ve had.”

And all of this is happening with a surge in carjackings.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/washington-d-c-to-legalize-public-urination/

Idiots.

• Like 1

Police being successful 

KATU: 13 arrested in Washington Sqaure Mall shoplifting blitz, $8,000 in merch recovered.
https://katu.com/news/local/13-arrested-in-washington-sqaure-mall-shoplifting-blitz-8000-in-merch-recovered

I thought this was interesting...

According to detectives, many of the suspects who were arrested seemed to know what they were doing and came to stores with specialized devices, bags, or other tools to interfere with common retail anti-theft devices.

In other words, someone has organized this kind of thing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

These 2 deserve a couple bullets to the head.

Two men on a scooter were caught on video violently snatching a necklace from a 12-year-old girl on a New York City sidewalk in broad daylight as she walked home from school – and police say the duo are suspects in six similar robberies.

The surveillance footage released by the New York City Police Department shows the men riding up alongside the teen on Oct. 24, at about 4:30 p.m., in Elmhurst, Queens. 

The man on the back of the scooter tries to rip the necklace from her neck – but the bauble does not break, and the young girl is dragged at least 10 feet during the brazen robbery.

The scooter is seen coming to a stop as the assailant climbs off and tears the necklace from the girl's neck as she cowers on the ground; the men then flee the scene.

Two days later, also in Queens, a 37-year-old woman was approached by the same men on a scooter and was hit in the face at about 2:30 p.m. as she crossed an intersection at 34th Avenue and 103rd Street, according to the NYPD.

They took off after unsuccessfully trying to snatch her necklace.  The bike bandits struck three more times that same day, stealing necklaces from a 53-year-old woman, a 52-year-old man and 35-year-old woman at separate locations in Queens, authorities said.

The crime spree continued the next day with the men allegedly ripping a necklace off a 70-year-old woman.

On Nov. 7, a woman, 48, had her necklace forcibly removed at the intersection of Penrod Street and Otis Avenue, according to officials.
These two men are wanted in connection to seven New York City robberies, according to police. 

man, I really want to put a bullet into thugs like this.  

A robbery suspect is wanted in Philadelphia after pointing a gun at a McDonald’s worker and yanking a cash register through the restaurant’s drive-thru window earlier this month, authorities said.

The incident happened just before 3:30 a.m. on Nov. 4 at a McDonald’s on 4163 Whitaker Avenue in North Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Police Department said Wednesday.

A red SUV with four individuals inside ordered at the drive-thru before approaching the window to pick up their food, according to police.

The suspect seated behind the driver pointed a handgun at the McDonald’s employee and demanded, "Give me the money."

Police released surveillance video from inside the restaurant showing the employee back away from the window as the suspect points the gun. The suspect then reaches through the window and pulls out the entire cash register.

The four suspect in the SUV fled with an undetermined amount of money in the register.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/armed-robber-philadelphia-mcdonalds-yanks-cash-register-out-drive-thru-window-video

• 2 weeks later...

Fox Business: Portland store shuts down, posts blistering note on front door slamming rampant crime: 'city is in peril'.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/portland-store-shuts-down-posts-blistering-note-front-door-slamming-rampant-crime-city-peril

And yet city leaders (All democrats) insist nothing is very wrong. Crime, homeless... handwave...

On 10/24/2022 at 12:54 PM, Doug1066 said:

Then why do big city voters prefer Dems?

Doug

Ask this person

main-qimg-182ec58c57eec5ffa9cbac19418659

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Fox Business: Portland store shuts down, posts blistering note on front door slamming rampant crime: 'city is in peril'.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/portland-store-shuts-down-posts-blistering-note-front-door-slamming-rampant-crime-city-peril

And yet city leaders (All democrats) insist nothing is very wrong. Crime, homeless... handwave...

Self inflicted situation in Portland.   It amazes me that people accept this.  

• Like 1